New Grower DWC, Megacrop, Forgotten Cookies. COBS and QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled out the first three harvested and dried Forgotten Cookies this AM to get their final weight,

First up is the single plant that was under a split cob spectrum of 3k/4K on a 17/7 light schedule from the very start. This plant weighs in at 186 grams at 62% Rh. Density of bud and trichrome coverage is great.
B2B07F47-001E-4107-A907-5D1AC2B8F218.jpeg

Second two are the two fastest but then smallest plants ( in size). These two were under 4K QBs for 8 weeks at 16/8 light schedule. The combined weight for them both is 388 grams which puts them at average 194 grams each. Which is more than the COB plant by about 10 grams each,
C443A868-A8F0-4383-A3D7-D2860E250CD3.jpeg
B590275C-0D15-4D14-AB4F-5A7A15B031BC.jpeg
40945B23-64E6-4BBD-9767-89547CB69394.jpeg

This is the first time I have run this strain and I think it has a lot more potential. Setup and trimming could have been better but overall very happy averaging I’ve 6 zips per plant so far from this strain. I think the last two are gonna have a bit more weight but we shall see. The tops I took yesterday had more wet weight than the last three but that could just mean the lowers weight less. Won’t really know for at least two weeks.

I have jarred and kept the different lights crop separate. Hoping to also make a judgement on the cure smell and taste from the two lights. But just visual appeal and feel of the flowers is identical. Between the two.

The point of this little grow was to see if 16/8 would hurt yield. In my novice hands it seemed to do a little better. That is probably just grow treatment if the plants so I’ll call it equal for this part of the experiment. It’s only anecdotal but I think if you have a high quality light you can definitely reduce your hours of light and still reach a DLI that is sufficient. I think I was able to reach that DLI in 16 hours with this strain and this environment.

I did not track the wattage on this grow but did monitor it and can tell you that I also ran this grow lower than most others. I usually end up between 100-125 watts per plant in full flower but ran this grow down between 75-100 per plant.

None of this is scientific proof of anything but hopefully gives growers some items to ponder.

Stay tuned for the rest of the girls soon

FB

Pulled out the first three harvested and dried Forgotten Cookies this AM to get their final weight,

First up is the single plant that was under a split cob spectrum of 3k/4K on a 17/7 light schedule from the very start. This plant weighs in at 186 grams at 62% Rh. Density of bud and trichrome coverage is great.View attachment 1069472

Second two are the two fastest but then smallest plants ( in size). These two were under 4K QBs for 8 weeks at 16/8 light schedule. The combined weight for them both is 388 grams which puts them at average 194 grams each. Which is more than the COB plant by about 10 grams each, View attachment 1069473 View attachment 1069474 View attachment 1069475

This is the first time I have run this strain and I think it has a lot more potential. Setup and trimming could have been better but overall very happy averaging I’ve 6 zips per plant so far from this strain. I think the last two are gonna have a bit more weight but we shall see. The tops I took yesterday had more wet weight than the last three but that could just mean the lowers weight less. Won’t really know for at least two weeks.

I have jarred and kept the different lights crop separate. Hoping to also make a judgement on the cure smell and taste from the two lights. But just visual appeal and feel of the flowers is identical. Between the two.

The point of this little grow was to see if 16/8 would hurt yield. In my novice hands it seemed to do a little better. That is probably just grow treatment if the plants so I’ll call it equal for this part of the experiment. It’s only anecdotal but I think if you have a high quality light you can definitely reduce your hours of light and still reach a DLI that is sufficient. I think I was able to reach that DLI in 16 hours with this strain and this environment.

I did not track the wattage on this grow but did monitor it and can tell you that I also ran this grow lower than most others. I usually end up between 100-125 watts per plant in full flower but ran this grow down between 75-100 per plant.

None of this is scientific proof of anything but hopefully gives growers some items to ponder.

FB
Party at FB's place!
Keep doing journals yo, they are amazing and fwiw i think the outcome is pretty righteous!
I know this, if i had results like youve got id keep "experimenting" lol

First up is the single plant that was under a split cob spectrum of 3k/4K on a 17/7 light schedule from the very start. This plant weighs in at 186 grams at 62% Rh. Density of bud and trichrome coverage is great.View attachment 1069472

Second two are the two fastest but then smallest plants ( in size). These two were under 4K QBs for 8 weeks at 16/8 light schedule. The combined weight for them both is 388 grams which puts them at average 194 grams each. Which is more than the COB plant by about 10 grams each, View attachment 1069473 View attachment 1069474 View attachment 1069475

FB
I'm very late to your journal @Frenjamin Banklin , all ways heard positive words from u on my journal. Those are some very nice buds----

@rick-j stop by anytime. Just a whole lot of DWC experiments going on most days

@FullAuto245 thanks

So this morning I was able to take the bottoms from the last two Forgotten Cookies. These were under 4K QBs for the first 8 weeks on a 16/8 schedule and then just because of the space we’re moved with the 4K to the big room and finished on 17/7.

The QB room that started on 16/8 had two very different sets of plants. Two were fast and early and these two were big and later. This was great for me because it clearly showed that the 4K spectrum and 16/8 light schedule could do either, and I don’t feel it forces either one.

So I’m now going to say that I’m more comfortable saying that the last two girls will out weigh the others. I have the tops dried and sitting in jars. They fill two half gallons to the top and that’s usually 3 zips so I feel that we have at least that per plant so far. Will weight it all together when the lowers I harvested today dry. Hopefully we will have final numbers next Sunday.

I use large yard waste bags cut down to about 16”. I put a nice piece of cardboard on the bottom. Layer in bud and then put another on top. Hang and monitor.

First two bags are the small stuff and the last is the mediums

3E3FB7FF-F2DA-43F4-9C47-641372405003.jpeg
EE849FF4-BA09-49ED-B1F0-078EAF89B2AB.jpeg
98AC2485-719F-4F24-99C6-D714208EFF36.jpeg
6390C809-F19B-4BB4-B2DA-2B12746E8D7B.jpeg

And then of course the stripped girls. Looking forward to getting the final numbers and smoke reports. These were my second Mephisto. Will get some room shots later today when lights come on. Photos Blue Dream CBDs are looking very healthy as well as the CBD Cracks in soil are really impressing me. Learning a lot as we go.

Have GG4 that will hit the net pots tonight
Some Jack H that cracked the shell but not breaking ground
And two sweet seeds samples that hit paper towels today. Big Bud XL and a cream caramel. Don’t usually like to call them a plant till they are at least two weeks old but figured I’d share what’s going on.

Going to start the perpetual journal once we finalize weights next week.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day

FB

Updates on the grow show while we wait for the last of the Forgotten cookies to dry.

So I pulled the three dirt plants out that are part of my little dirt experiment. These next three plants and in Miracle Grow organic potting mix mixed with 25% additional perlite in 3 gallon pots. The only nutrients they hav received are a tsp of Megacrop in a gallon of water shared amongst the three of them around week three. And this week which I’m guessing is around 5-6 they got 2 tsp of GH Maxibloom mixed into a gallon and shared amongst the three. They definitely how a bit to much nitrogen and the smallest i probably didn’t even need to fertilize at all. The smallest and fastest I think stayed in the solo cup to long before transplant, but not sure. All are super healthy. The largest has left and will be finished under natural light at someone else’s. I’m keeping the two smaller ones. Hoping to get some nice little mugs of these Fastbuds CBD cracks.

I’d say this is definitely not a fail so far growing in cheap MG organic potting mix from a box store.
Smallest
D643AEE9-E5C2-4181-99F4-EAA460EE011C.jpeg

Up skirt
08A6B63F-34C2-42A6-BD76-9287524A2D50.jpeg

Medium
75538A28-9A3F-4692-93C9-92BB18AFDBCB.jpeg

Largest, probably the best color for this stage IMHO. She was topped and LST
E2CED1AF-48E1-4D72-B465-D655A0E0A6C2.jpeg

Up skirt in a row
BE543D57-009E-4D6A-870F-E71F4E9DA6DF.jpeg

Happy to be getting some sun
2A232ACE-A3FC-4F34-9FB4-280CA7033C07.jpeg

Back in the room with the heavily trimmed Blue Dream Photos. They are also an experiment so figured I would hack at them drastically to see what they could handle. Topped almost all branches and even split a main stem but not worried a bit. Survival of the fittest.
022228A9-F702-4FAC-81B9-04BEE9031D7F.jpeg

Here the CBD cracks are back in the room in the foreground
C66BBA8E-ACD6-4DB8-AF3C-1CAB83915284.jpeg

Been a little slow getting my next round of Autos up and going. Outside work has kept me distracted and I may have cooked a couple of seeds. But we now are back on track and have 3 GG4 from Fastbuds going. Liked the one that was going to be a male but it’s replacement jumped right in behind.
6719E183-C9A3-486D-8B0A-431F2EBB5E04.jpeg
F6BF6CFE-DF64-4C0B-A044-DF3224BE5F6C.jpeg
62B943BE-1521-4388-941B-261A8D109F3E.jpeg

1 gallon dirt plant will be my reversal experiment with CS. Rereading all relevant threads and going for the best.

I’m pretty sure my Sweetseeds cream caramel is not viable but it’s in peat pellet now.
The Big Devil XL auto had a nice tsp root when it hit the pellet so finger crossed on that.
Also have a Mephisto Walter White and Gold flue that have been soaking and will go right to the peat pellets later today. Going to try and skip the wet towel in the bag. Had descent luck going into the pellets and since I’ve cooked a few lately in the paper towels I figure I needed a change. Need to get 6 girls into the nursery that will eventually be the plants for the big room.

If you read all that crap,

Thanks a lot, you guys rock. Good grow vibes coming your way.

FB

I hope to get to a point where i can experiment with these kinda results lol. I love peeking at your garden yo!
So far, what would you say has been your fav to grow? What about fav smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back