Indoor 2000w auto grow dwc think different, blue cheese

Cool man i'm a huge DP fan i will be subbin and wacthing, i personally never done a auto grow or hydro, but i got this little munchkin free with my pack of seeds
and i got a little hydrofarm bucket setup i have never used so i'm eager to try it out now ! :smoking:
and your ladies are looking real nice

20161126_105932.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks kori, hydro sure is fun. Energy is expensive where I'm at and it has given me my best bang for buck. The dinafem blue cheeses are large plants, one is huge and still growing, the tops would be 7 feet if I hadn't put a screen over it and tied a few down. I would rather it would stop growing so fast vertically, hopefully it buds out before hitting the light. My northern lights are just starting to bud, smaller bushy plants. These pics are right when lights shut off, plants are ready to sleep

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 104
Just hooked a active air 60 pint dehumidifier up to my controller, my humidity was around 70% and I was unable to to get it down with intake fans because of below0 condensation issues. It takes 2 gallons of water out of the air per day, booya! Plants are way happier now, looks like they are drinking more and breathing better

Edited because spellcheck

Goodness gracious my garden is experiencing growing pains. my canopy is very full. i missed a week of defoliating 2 weeks ago and i have been having to dig in and remove the large lower leaves before they die. it seems like my buds have a better flavor and smell if i remove the leaves w/ stems before the die while the buds are growing. and now that the buds are starting to put on weight the limbs are dropping to the floor. i thought i saw it coming on the first plant of two that it has happened to thus far, i's like " looks like them buds don't have the same spacing as earlier hmmm" next morning sure enough half the plant laid over. luckily the stalk didn't split, i tied it back up with stakes and string and she hasn't missed a beat. had to tie up the plant next to it today, same thing, both dinafem blue cheese. the northern lights [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] by bcsd have been slower to start budding but they have thick stalks right to the tops and look like they might put on some hearty weight. i have cut my c02 back from 1400 to 600 over the last 3 weeks. NL#5 has less trichomes than the blue cheese when B.C. was at the same stage. The blue cheese had trichs all over the stems before the buds showed up. my lights are almost all on the ceiling, and i am out of room to walk. i have an interesting week ahead of adding support to my NL#5s before they get heavy and succumb to gravity. next time i am supporting plants from the get go. i will take better pictures soon.
IMG_0139.jpg

the one against the door would be 9 feet tall if i weren't continually tying it back to the screen. its talk is like 3 inches wide. those two tall ones right there are blue cheese. that one plant could have used both of my 1000 watt lights…. i had to put a 600 over it and it could use 1 more… or 3… smh i don't even have room to maneuver them into place.

IMG_0135.jpg

off subject, here is a nirvana seeds shortryder that i just cut n dried, finished in 52 days from seed, just under 3 oz's bone dry

Goodness gracious my garden is experiencing growing pains. my canopy is very full. i missed a week of defoliating 2 weeks ago and i have been having to dig in and remove the large lower leaves before they die. it seems like my buds have a better flavor and smell if i remove the leaves w/ stems before the die while the buds are growing. and now that the buds are starting to put on weight the limbs are dropping to the floor. i thought i saw it coming on the first plant of two that it has happened to thus far, i's like " looks like them buds don't have the same spacing as earlier hmmm" next morning sure enough half the plant laid over. luckily the stalk didn't split, i tied it back up with stakes and string and she hasn't missed a beat. had to tie up the plant next to it today, same thing, both dinafem blue cheese. the northern lights [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] by bcsd have been slower to start budding but they have thick stalks right to the tops and look like they might put on some hearty weight. i have cut my c02 back from 1400 to 600 over the last 3 weeks. NL#5 has less trichomes than the blue cheese when B.C. was at the same stage. The blue cheese had trichs all over the stems before the buds showed up. my lights are almost all on the ceiling, and i am out of room to walk. i have an interesting week ahead of adding support to my NL#5s before they get heavy and succumb to gravity. next time i am supporting plants from the get go. i will take better pictures soon.
View attachment 676096
the one against the door would be 9 feet tall if i weren't continually tying it back to the screen. its talk is like 3 inches wide. those two tall ones right there are blue cheese. that one plant could have used both of my 1000 watt lights…. i had to put a 600 over it and it could use 1 more… or 3… smh i don't even have room to maneuver them into place.

View attachment 676118

off subject, here is a nirvana seeds shortryder that i just cut n dried, finished in 52 days from seed, just under 3 oz's bone dry
With photoperiods right as the stretch is coming to a halt we do a foliar spray for our final bug/fungus management.... At that point the whole plant gets soaked and the cracked will start to weigh heavy and kind droop. At that point you will see every branch that when it gets heavy with bud later will droop/possibly break, and you can stake those branches.... Maybe with your space that packed it wouldn't be harmful to around day 35-40 to do a half strength Spray of green cure (sodium bicarbonate, OMRI listed) on your girls, see which branches are going to end up drooping and stake then before your flowers set in. Bamboo is really cheap, if your running hydro just make your scrog two layers or do less plants and make them more wide on the scrog making more tops but Also good plant stability. I'm in soilless medium hand watering and have to stake my dinafem girls I currently have going, I can tell already.... Just trying to help you brainstorm for next time. Amazing garden and some real monsters man!!!

With photoperiods right as the stretch is coming to a halt we do a foliar spray for our final bug/fungus management.... At that point the whole plant gets soaked and the cracked will start to weigh heavy and kind droop. At that point you will see every branch that when it gets heavy with bud later will droop/possibly break, and you can stake those branches.... Maybe with your space that packed it wouldn't be harmful to around day 35-40 to do a half strength Spray of green cure (sodium bicarbonate, OMRI listed) on your girls, see which branches are going to end up drooping and stake then before your flowers set in. Bamboo is really cheap, if your running hydro just make your scrog two layers or do less plants and make them more wide on the scrog making more tops but Also good plant stability. I'm in soilless medium hand watering and have to stake my dinafem girls I currently have going, I can tell already.... Just trying to help you brainstorm for next time. Amazing garden and some real monsters man!!!

Hell yeah, thanks, i am going to try the spray down before flower for sure next time! yeah, that green cure looks like some pretty handy stuff alright, i wonder what the 15% of ingredients is they don't list though. i ended up finding some corner trim that have been using for stakes, i had to support a third one that was gettin low today. i am going to pull a small one out of the system and put it in a separate tent with its own light to finish off, she still has some growing to do and it is being drowned out as is. here is a pic tonight with lights on then off. i have one that grew into my parabolic reflector and i can't really get my light any higher, nor do i have a good idear of how to tie it down.
IMG_0144.JPG
IMG_0147.JPG

should you trim them lower branches at any point on auto's that just won't get to the light? these are all pretty well into their flowering period so i probably won't touch em on this grow. but if it mightn't shock them to pinch the shoots off when they are little and before the flower stretch is done then it would be nice not to have to deal with them. anybody have any experience with eliminating them little sucker shoots

should you trim them lower branches at any point on auto's that just won't get to the light? these are all pretty well into their flowering period so i probably won't touch em on this grow. but if it mightn't shock them to pinch the shoots off when they are little and before the flower stretch is done then it would be nice not to have to deal with them. anybody have any experience with eliminating them little sucker shoots
I don't take much off bud wiser, just big fan leaves to open up sites. Your having phenomenal results size wise. If I were you I'd start implementing some techniques to get that canopy spread out and even with all those lower shoots shooting up. May I ask what power light and what distance you were running the first 30-40 days of the grow?

If your confident in maintaining sizes like that every grow you could really do some damage per plant with the proper training. Those are huge I'm not going to lie!! Moving your light different distances, pinching tops and cleaning out the bottom 1/4-1/3 of girls that size before flower would be ideal. But do it over time. This is something you will learn of what branches are going to be something one day or not. Never defoliate note than 20% at a time and always allow a few days recovery.
I've been up all night so I'm sure I'm missing a million instructions so if you have any questions tag me and fire away.....
These girls love space and I learned "more" isn't always "more".....

Back