Photoperiod 2 from Garden of Green: Green Crack & Blue Dream

There is just way to much Bro-science out there on plant nutrition. Plants need a balance of ALL 17 elements ALL of the time to thrive. Too much or Too little at any time in the plants life will cause problems - period.

These are the elements we add besides Air and water. These are also the range they need to be presented.

View attachment 1349758

As you can see magnesium is required ALL of the time.
So, I'm ok to continue to use in flower? I will post a link to what I read. I saw some say to use once in a while and some used more. Let me look and see if I can find it.

Here it is it's from Herbies so I kinda just listened, but I should know better lol.

So, I'm ok to continue to use in flower? I will post a link to what I read. I saw some say to use once in a while and some used more. Let me look and see if I can find it.
The thing about Epsom salt is it is way stronger than people realize and it is easy to get too much 1g of epsom salt = ~56 PPM Mg. and ~75 PPM S. in one gallon of water. 1 gram = ~ 1/4 teaspoon.

I see people adding tablespoons at a time :shrug:

I just weighed out a tablespoon of epsom salt 14.33g

_DSC3972.JPG

That is 620 PPM Mg and 826 PPM S per gallon of water That is Bro-science IMPO! You add that to your pot and you will be locking shit out!

2021-01-23_16-05-01.jpg

I just weighed out a tablespoon of epsom salt 14.33g

View attachment 1349776

That is 620 PPM Mg and 826 PPM S per gallon of water That is Bro-science IMPO! You add that to your pot and you will be locking shit out!

View attachment 1349782
I saw folks say to use a tbsp and I thought that sound WAY to high. When I looked the conversation up it was what you said and I knew that wasnt right lol. I was using the .5g that you said to use and it helped immediately. Should I continue to use this amount, or adjust it?

I saw folks say to use a tbsp and I thought that sound WAY to high. When I looked the conversation up it was what you said and I knew that wasnt right lol. I was using the .5g that you said to use and it helped immediately. Should I continue to use this amount, or adjust it?
I don't know. I need to know all of the information:
Grow media, age of (stage of plant). nutrients being used. Starting water PPM and nutrients being used.

Time for an update!!! Thanks for stopping by we are coming up on 2 weeks into flower at day 11 today. The BD is getting large, I have the SP3000 up all the way and only have about 2" left to keep light at optimal distance. I started them on BE a few days ago and seem to be liking it. Here they are from about 1hr ago, they still need feed tonight.

20210808_201117.jpg
20210808_201102.jpg
20210808_201055.jpg
20210808_201128.jpg

The BD is just under 2'x2' and 18" tall as of last night. They are getting 1/2 gallon a day each now. That is 1 reason I think I'll be going back to 3gal. They cant hold much water so they need feed everyday, better with an autopot system for sure.

I found something strange last week. This 1 "branch", I guess its 1 is flat. I have never seen this before that I can recall. Perhaps i have and was smaller so I dont remember, but its like 2 or more branches in 1. Its .5" wide and like 3-5mm thick. Could this been a result of supercropping? Let me know what you think. Here are some pics of it.

20210801_225348.jpg
20210801_225546.jpg
20210801_225501.jpg
20210801_225534.jpg
20210801_225319.jpg
20210801_225255.jpg

It's odd right lol? Kinda cool it starts out round and is very leafy. Something to watch develope, a lot of stem to deliver nutrients! Stay lifted.

@Mizzo81 @bf80255 @Dabber @St. Tom @Green Hornet @pop22 @fauxnacho @WildBill @Ryno_nuggs @nizmoKush @Filthy_Casual @idiopathic neuropathy @Jpkindbud @verbalkent412 @Atulip @olbobcat @hope2grow @indicalla @baked in the bluegrass @Death The Cultivator @Mañ'O'Green @Les @HLG

Last edited:
I know that light can show colors off, but just checking on the girl on the left. She's not that light is she?

That's some odd structure ya have going there.

I know that light can show colors off, but just checking on the girl on the left. She's not that light is she?

That's some odd structure ya have going there.
Yes, she is lol. I have been slowly raising the MC, I went to quickly in the beginning getting use to a new version of MC. The GC was looking like she was good, and was trying not to make 2 different mixes. She is actually getting darker now lol. I will be increasing to bag recommendation tomorrow. I didnt want go to fast and mess up the GC. Yeah, she is a sight hahaha. She is to wide to continue to use the grommets plus no more room. I should have flipped sooner I guess and cut some more off underneath. I had planned on a scrog, but issues changed my course. She is about as big as I would like so the next week or so should be interesting. She was an odd ball was missing something from the beginning. When the GC had 4 leaves the BD had 3. That may be where the flat branch comes in??? Not sure if the 1st pics I posted were old enough to show her deformity. I will look tomorrow and see if I have any.

That girl really wants to produce! The girl on the left does look a little light green? That might just be her color because she looks healthy. If you have Earth Juice MicroBlast, I would do a foliar application on both plants now.

Back