Lighting 1st Timer grows Auto NL under 100w of DIY Citizen COB

I can confirm the driver gets warm but you can hold it for ages so not too hot.no idea about the heatsinks as mine is a 40cm length of heatsink with one 120mm fan ontop for cooling and at full blast 200w it never goes over 80f so not even warm really

Sent from my expensive phone i never use

Well, got my potentiometer installed, hopefully that sorts out the heat issue. think it was drawing max wattage,
anyhow lets hope for the best, tomorrow morning would hopefully be day 1 on the two little girls lives...
proud father to be... again :biggrin:

Well I can confirm, the potentiometer helped bucket loads and it is at an acceptable heat... I think :)
Now that the lighting issue is resolved, time to add another fan in the up coming week... and then I think all is good for a decent environment for a half decent plant

You may need a re think into your light set up. I've got same set up as you but in a 60X60 tent and I'm being slated for having far too much light in it. Could you use a 6k on one of your spare heat sinks and a far red cob on the other spare sink and only run 3 of them at a time depending on whether your in grow or bloom stage. I'm thinking of something like that for myself.

You may need a re think into your light set up. I've got same set up as you but in a 60X60 tent and I'm being slated for having far too much light in it. Could you use a 6k on one of your spare heat sinks and a far red cob on the other spare sink and only run 3 of them at a time depending on whether your in grow or bloom stage. I'm thinking of something like that for myself.

Light whore :biggrin:

I found a european source for the deep red cobs that timber use in their deep red system. I fancy that too.

Blimey I will have to go back through my web history mate. Not a very organised soul me.

To be honest I just emailed the guy at timber and he told me. In fact I live chatted him.

Back