Lighting 1st Timer grows Auto NL under 100w of DIY Citizen COB

@2Stoned2Care @BigSm0 @iampepe @wayward1

How hot are the passive heatsinks and driver suppose to get, ran mine for about an hour today and the heatsinks were freaken hot, the driver was pretty hot too, but not as hot as the heatsinks.

Could it be because, I am only running 2 COB on a 185h-1400b driver?

I should probably have my little girls popping their heads out the dirt tomorrow evening so yeah.

Do you have a wire from the driver to the positive on one cob out the negative into the positive of the second cob and then from the neg back to the driver? You have the B version driver, do you have potentiometer wired in? Mine get pretty warm, I can place my hand on the top of the pins but I wouldn't want to hold it there.

I hope that arent the sst105 heatsinks. Mine hit 140 degrees at 50w. Temps in your tent play a huge part as well. A temp gun is the best way to tell if they are running hot. If you have soft manacured hands like Pepe yes they will feel hot. Buuuut if you have real man hands like I do it's not a problem. :rofl:

Which brand and model heatsink? they do get hot, air movement is not necessary but highly recommended. My sinks to get very hot even through they are rated for 57w but the second I put a fan in the space it drops quick

I started, negative to negative (driver to COB) then postive / negative till the series closed up.
Sounds abt the same as mine then gets hot, as in I can keep my hand on it, without causing any burns, but after a while it will get unpleasant
Will Just add a fan to the box and hope that drops the temp a fraction

I started, negative to negative (driver to COB) then postive / negative till the series closed up.
Sounds abt the same as mine then gets hot, as in I can keep my hand on it, without causing any burns, but after a while it will get unpleasant
Will Just add a fan to the box and hope that drops the temp a fraction
I think you're all good with what you just said.

I hope that arent the sst105 heatsinks. Mine hit 140 degrees at 50w. Temps in your tent play a huge part as well. A temp gun is the best way to tell if they are running hot. If you have soft manacured hands like Pepe yes they will feel hot. Buuuut if you have real man hands like I do it's not a problem. :rofl:
LMAO I'm such a sissy...

Back