Lighting 1st Timer grows Auto NL under 100w of DIY Citizen COB

Well, got my first proper Deficiency by the looks of things. CalMg?
When does the plant start pulling the nutes from the leaves? In the last couple weeks no doubt so probably is a def?
Its only on this bud, which, is the most developed
All other budsites are still going strong.

20170416_161924.jpg
20170416_161941.jpg

Well, got my first proper Deficiency by the looks of things. CalMg?
When does the plant start pulling the nutes from the leaves? In the last couple weeks no doubt so probably is a def?
Its only on this bud, which, is the most developed
All other budsites are still going strong.

View attachment 734479 View attachment 734486
Lookin real good there! Theres a pretty good plant diagnosis on growweedeasy.com. Based on ur pics it looks like a calmag issue to me. Hope someone more experienced chimes in for you.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

@WalterW your plants look kick ass!!! IMO they are to lime green and i do see rust spots.. My quick answer would be to increase all nutes including cal+ mg
I am a Cob lamp user also and i have personally found that the COBs im playing with just suck it all out of my autos.. My "quick fix" for the same problem your having was to add more red . I did it using a mars box but in the very near future I will be adding some Chips on my lamp that do have a far red.. I understand lamp builders will say there is enough red in a COB but "OK"..

Lets have a look my what im doing with bridglux VR 29s plus just one mars box.

This is a Green Crack Fastbuds well over 37 inches and a solid camo green!! not one yellow leaf not one rust spot and i have lowered my nutes back down..
I love my COB lamp its a great investment so is yours just get some red on those ladies you will see!!! FYI they dont even need a full 18 hours of deep red. im just running 8 hours on the mars box for this "fix"
In the near future there will be some COBs that are dedicated to the far reds. I can also tell you from using COB/DIODE hybrid room I am growing much larger autos and just blowing my weight records!!

room20170415_090423[1].jpg

room20170415_091957[1].jpg

coccookie20170415_090247[1].jpg

So for now up your nutes!! :pass:

Last edited:
Walter its gets difficult at times to think it is your first. This plant is growing well and you have her well in hand. Elvis is right you can start really plying the nute program pretty heavy. You want to be measured in your use of N but by all means dont stop using it. She is just going to keep stacking and fattening.

If you have access to Fulvic acid this is a great thing to use in every container of fluid you add to the plant. It is the supreme Chealator. The effect is that the plant pics up it's metabolism due to the higher rate if uptake of nutrients.

You got this one well in hand. If I was to guess I would say you have about 3 weeks of hard flower followed by a 7 to 10 day finish. Gonna be nice.

Since you're in Coco you can drop the Grow and just use micro and bloom. Check out the Lucas Formula for Coco...I use 6ml Micro +9ml Bloom per Gallon of reverse osmosis water. There's enough N in the micro to feed your plants through harvest and it might help resolve some of the CaMg issues. Those crispys on your leaves might also be from hot spots from the lights, although they look more like a deficiency.

@WalterW your plants look kick ass!!! IMO they are to lime green and i do see rust spots.. My quick answer would be to increase all nutes including cal+ mg
I am a Cob lamp user also and i have personally found that the COBs im playing with just suck it all out of my autos.. My "quick fix" for the same problem your having was to add more red . I did it using a mars box but in the very near future I will be adding some Chips on my lamp that do have a far red.. I understand lamp builders will say there is enough red in a COB but "OK"..

Lets have a look my what im doing with bridglux VR 29s plus just one mars box.

This is a Green Crack Fastbuds well over 37 inches and a solid camo green!! not one yellow leaf not one rust spot and i have lowered my nutes back down..
I love my COB lamp its a great investment so is yours just get some red on those ladies you will see!!! FYI they dont even need a full 18 hours of deep red. im just running 8 hours on the mars box for this "fix"
In the near future there will be some COBs that are dedicated to the far reds. I can also tell you from using COB/DIODE hybrid room I am growing much larger autos and just blowing my weight records!!

View attachment 734507

View attachment 734508

View attachment 734548

So for now up your nutes!! :pass:
Thanks @The Elvis sound advise, I am running the 3000K spectrum, don't quite have the funds yet to add additional lighting, the power of the cob is amazing, but also quite costly. Maybe next month I will try research some more.
But upping the nutes I can definitely do and work with, I haven't added any additional CalMg other than what was in my Flora series so I knew that this was to happen sooner or later.
As for your girls, damn they be pretty AF.

Walter its gets difficult at times to think it is your first. This plant is growing well and you have her well in hand. Elvis is right you can start really plying the nute program pretty heavy. You want to be measured in your use of N but by all means dont stop using it. She is just going to keep stacking and fattening.

If you have access to Fulvic acid this is a great thing to use in every container of fluid you add to the plant. It is the supreme Chealator. The effect is that the plant pics up it's metabolism due to the higher rate if uptake of nutrients.

You got this one well in hand. If I was to guess I would say you have about 3 weeks of hard flower followed by a 7 to 10 day finish. Gonna be nice.

Hey Puddy, can always count on you to chime in unfortunately no Fulvic acid on hand.
Really think the next bit of coin I come into I need to has to be invested into additives and the like for the base nutes I use.
4 weeks left of the grow, would take her to 100 day plant, damn, hope I get 1g/day would be super stoked.
But think 3Oz would be realistic first plant, so to guess is kinda hard, the 7 main branches, the buds are getting rather fat and long so getting excited.

looking good,nice thick stalk on her.
the last few weeks can be a bit funny,when you see the plant everyday you think not much is happening.but look at a foto from a few days ago and the swell in the buds becomes apparent.
a lot of them lil white hairs should turn orange as it gets near to chop.
good luck.
:pighug:
She has been a good girl to me, hope she finishes like it too, I notice the frosting is getting more and more everyday, especially the last couple days the weather has been cooler, which I think put her in the zone.

Since you're in Coco you can drop the Grow and just use micro and bloom. Check out the Lucas Formula for Coco...I use 6ml Micro +9ml Bloom per Gallon of reverse osmosis water. There's enough N in the micro to feed your plants through harvest and it might help resolve some of the CaMg issues. Those crispys on your leaves might also be from hot spots from the lights, although they look more like a deficiency.

I have just recently dropped to 1ml/litre grow nute, so it is almost as good as dropped, will probably have to up the Micro and Bloom to accomm the drop in that grow nute. Hopefully this would be a fix to my issue
My light source is very close to tops, so it could be an issue, but I have not seen any bleaching / burning but perhaps it is start / minor factor.
Dialing the nute feed I think would been the first port of call to have the issue resolved, and investing in additives to the base feed

Thanks all for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Lookin real good there! Theres a pretty good plant diagnosis on growweedeasy.com. Based on ur pics it looks like a calmag issue to me. Hope someone more experienced chimes in for you.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Thanks for cementing that thought.
yeah, Habitual did post those def charts on here a while ago. but it is nice just having input from others just to reassure you that you on the right path.

Hi All

Day 50

Plant is look so much happier - upping the nutes definitely helped the girl, along with cranking up the cob wattage
The cobs are 3000k so took it out the cupboard in a few shots to see her color coming back to normal

Thanks all for helping out with her

Dont mind the finger in the one picture :face:
View attachment 719968 View attachment 719969
View attachment 719974 View attachment 719975 View attachment 719976 View attachment 719977 View attachment 719978 View attachment 719979
Think the root system is pretty much established lol - 3 gallon cloth pot, roots have grown straight through the cloth - stupid photo comes up upside down :nono:
View attachment 719980
Yeap there it is... lol

It is no secret that LED's and COB's require more cal/mag. I have added it regularly at every feeding since flipping the switch the very first time and it isn't an issue.

I'm wondering why the reluctance from the experts to just carve it in stone, post it at the front door for all noobs to see as a matter of fact and save them the well known cal/mag discussions and uncertaintees that we all went through with less predictable lighting? :2cents:
:pass:
Edit: WalterW See what 24% will do. I thought I was in Live Stoners until your like alert listed your thread. Had I realized it sooner I would not have just dropped a post without:

Good Morning WalterW

Last edited:
Back