1st grow - needing help

I know nothing about those nutes but at 14/15 days old I would be getting to a full feed schedule pretty quick. Your days of water only are over. And I’d start with slow fertigating those pots til runoff because they look super dry. Is the bottom of the pot dry because I don’t believe it should ever be dry but that’s just my limited experience over a couple grows. I was sick once and my coco went 48 hours without fertigating and the plants were pretty upset with me. I slow watered by waiting a few minutes between each light watering because I was afraid of water just pouring through some cracks straight to the bottom. I was paranoid so once my runoff finished I removed my risers and set the plants in the saucers and poured maybe a quarter gallon in there to see what they would soak up and they took most of it. I fed again about 10 hours later and the next night they looked fantastic. As stated before I can’t say what you’re “supposed“ to do, only what’s worked for me before. :pass:

Edit…whenever I said water I meant fertigate (water + nutes)

Not that I know maybe if you knew the full strength ppm you could figure how much to dilute (not very precise though)... Other then having meter I don't know how to check ppm/ec

Edit: if some here knows that nute brand that maybe able to get you in the ball park but I have never used BIO bizz only MC and FF

So i gonna get the stuff recommended on cocoforcannabis at the weekend. But. i ended up using 1/2 of the recommended dose for just 1 litre per 3 litres of water. hopefully it maybe watered down enough lol. i ran maybe about 2 litres through both got about 15-20% runoff. i'll keep it damp for now and switch on saturday to the new nutes, and with the EC meter fingers crossed i will be all good. Im expecting a few more autos to appear too. so i can at least start them in small tubs and make sure its all good from start

Thanks for the help its appreciated. Yeah, im sure that im probably gonna fuck at least a few more times on this grow. But, it'll be worth it in the end with trial and error. lights coming on in a bit so will adjust it up a bit and fingers crossed in day or 2 they will look better.
So long as it lives to harvest it's a win. I grew some autos in a closet in an unheated RV and harvested over the last few weeks. I could never get the temperature stable. I predictably stunted the lot, but in the end got a very potent 3 ounces for all that work.

Disappointing yield but highly gratifying smoke. If my relatives would stop asking me for free product that's probably all I would need anyway! :WTF:

Went and got new notes today and ec meter has appeared. Main stuff brand may look different but same company recommended on cocoforcanabis the silicon, calmag and pH had to go with different company as you can't get them here. Later when lights go on again I'm gonna put more through system hopefully what it needs this time? The fCt they have stunted and are on day 15/16 what sort of ppm should I aim for? Around 200pm still to start? Tested my water under 100 ppm. Truncheon doesn't go any lower on scale. To get it to register had to add about 1ml of calmag to a pint of water.

Edit:- just put 3 new seeds Royal queen watermelon seeds in to water pH'd to 7.0 so hopefully more success with these 1's. im still holding out for these other 2 to recover and get something out of them. I've made 1st batch with new nutes using the schedule (seedling stage) off cocoforcanabis and ppm in solution showing 350 ppm. i'll water with it when lights come on and the check run off. starting grow diary to keep track :)

Attachments

• 20221229_111236.jpg
    20221229_111236.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Ok so I can throw in a few things that might help you with coco. I'm no expert and as you've seen plenty of guys have their own approach that works well. If you have an EC meter and a pH meter you are in good shape for a successful run.

Always fertigate - water + nutrients. Never plain water.

Keep the pH of your fertigation between 5.8 and 6.2

As far as nutrient strength? Couple ways to do it.
1) Math. Figure out a percentage reduction of each bottle and mix your nutrients that way.
2) Mix a full strength batch and then dilute it down to the EC you want.

I like to keep seedlings at around 0.6-0.8 EC or 350-400ppm and increase from there based on the plant.

Once you are watering consistently to runoff, I collect mine to measure both volume and strength. You seem to know about the 20-30% runoff rule. So if I water in 1000ml I am looking for at least 200ml of runoff. I have a small kitchen scale and just go by weight. I also test the runoff for EC.

If my runoff EC is below input EC, increase the strength. If runoff EC is above input, thats fine as long as it is not more than 0.5EC difference. For example if my plants are liking 1.0 EC going in, then I want the runoff to stay below 1.6 or so. If it climbs higher, you can add more volume for more runoff to pull it down or decrease nutrient strength.

I think that's the best way to adjust strength based on what the plant wants. It is high maintenance but if you have new nutrients and are new to coco it gives you some guide rails. Hope that all makes sense and good luck!

PS using silica is a great idea. It will raise and hold pH nicely. If your nutrient line is acidic once mixed you can adjust the buffering with more or less silica. You do have to add it first so it will take some testing to find the right amount.

I just wanna put it out there that the ppms will differ from person to person. It all depends on what each person uses as their nutrient base and water source. Some nutrient bases contain higher volumes of certain npks than others. For example advanced nutrients recommend to use 1ml per litre for the first week, yet if I even use 1.5ml per litre on big plants they can show signs of over fertigating even with enough run off. They recommend to go all the way up to 4-5ml per litre. That would toast my plants haha. I usually feed anywhere from 300-500 ppms for my autos. 500 is usually pushing it for me though. So yeah, the ppms are only a guide line to go by. In my opinion it’s best to just keep experimenting with a few Grows on ur belt, and you will learn what to feed and how much strength etc. Good luck with ur grow brother

Last edited:
So i caved and gave them both half a litre of the mix.
(ml/gallon) Calmag - 4ml, Micro -1.25ml, Gro - 0.6ml, Bloom 0.6ml and diamond nectar 2.5ml i went with 1st 6 days mix as plants are stunted. ph was 6,2 350ppm

checking run off it was the same for both critical kush and strawberry cheesecake. ph 6.3 and 550ppm. Lights on again is in about 9 hrs would i best to run another half litre through then and test run off again or leave it for a day?

Last edited:
You put 500ml in, how much did you get as runoff? Volume and ppm are good to watch. pH of runoff is unreliable. Don't worry about runoff pH, just input in the correct range.

I'm not sure. but, it seemed like a lot. I'm going to measure how much run off in future. They've grown a little in last few days. 1 of them lost a leave and its grown back. They're still looking a bit yellow, I'm holding out for them to be all good.

Back