New Grower 1st Grow Journal - realNeat - AutoFem White Widow x3

How long do you think until I need to start pushing them toward flower? I think they go 3ish weeks, but I feel like I've read some conflicting comments about Autos and flowering. And do I want to target a size or a certain time/day in the grow to do that?

Last edited:
How long do you think until I need to start pushing them toward flower? I think they go 3ish weeks, but I feel like I've read some conflicting comments about Autos and flowering. And do I want to target a size or a certain time/day in the grow to do that?
I'm not exactly sure what the question is, if your talking abouts nutes then my belief is that you give them grow big till most of the stretching done (4 weeks) tiger bloom until a little bit after the stretching is done(2 weeks) then big bud while the buds really pack on the weight(2 weeks) then flush (1 week). So basically you give it grow big for half it's life then split the other half with the other nutes.

I'm not exactly sure what the question is, if your talking abouts nutes then my belief is that you give them grow big till most of the stretching done (4 weeks) tiger bloom until a little bit after the stretching is done(2 weeks) then big bud while the buds really pack on the weight(2 weeks) then flush (1 week). So basically you give it grow big for half it's life then split the other half with the other nutes.

Yeah, I wasn't real clear. The nutes schedule you showed there is helpful. I've got PPOF soil so I haven't done any additional nutes at all yet. But, I've seen other guys talk about cutting the light as if they're photos to help push into flowering too. I have no idea about the need or effectiveness of that tactic.

Yeah, I wasn't real clear. The nutes schedule you showed there is helpful. I've got PPOF soil so I haven't done any additional nutes at all yet. But, I've seen other guys talk about cutting the light as if they're photos to help push into flowering too. I have no idea about the need or effectiveness of that tactic.
I'm not sure if you can force a true auto to flower sooner. I'm sure the more unstable strains may benefit from more darkness but I would wait at least a month before I consider a plant as being unstable.
You just have to be patient. I know it's hard not to take a peak and constantly check on your plants. You just have to be patient, and strong willed because as the plants get closer to harvest your anticipation goes up and before you know it you will be wanting to check every 30 min to see if more hairs turn red or you end up harvesting too early. I have been there and done that lol. Fortunately it does get easier as the YEARS go by.

I've experimented with different nutrients schedules trying to push a plant into flower earlier or speed it along as some people talk about doing, but I really haven't had any luck doing that.

I haven't tried cutting the light schedule back simply because it's light that makes your buds dense and heavy and I want mine to be as dense as possible. Plants also grow better in a real stable environment so I keep my lights on 24 hours a day. That's just so I can keep my environment stable some people have their lights off during the day to keep their environment stable.

Day 16. Stalks and branches have massed up super quickly - seeming very strong. New growth on 2 of the plants has begun looking mottled, same as the older leaves. On the one plant those lower leaves have continued to worsen, but as people are saying in the infirmary, I shouldn't be worried and this is somewhat normal. From what I have Googled tonight, those bad leaves indicate a CalMag deficiency to me. I suspect it further because I noticed that is has gotten progressively worse as I moved from only 1 to 2 autocobs. Will water with a CalMag supplement until run-off in the morning.

new1.jpg
new2.jpg
new3.jpg

Day 16. Stalks and branches have massed up super quickly - seeming very strong. New growth on 2 of the plants has begun looking mottled, same as the older leaves. On the one plant those lower leaves have continued to worsen, but as people are saying in the infirmary, I shouldn't be worried and this is somewhat normal. From what I have Googled tonight, those bad leaves indicate a CalMag deficiency to me. I suspect it further because I noticed that is has gotten progressively worse as I moved from only 1 to 2 autocobs. Will water with a CalMag supplement until run-off in the morning.

View attachment 791250 View attachment 791248 View attachment 791249
I don't think it's cal mag but it's possible I suppose. I usually don't see cal mag problems till well into flower. I think she's fine...
Welcome to AFN, thanks for sharing and happy growing! :vibe:

It's now morning and the leaves of the most affected plant have gotten worse again as this discoloration and curling has moved up to a higher and larger set of fan leaves.

new5.jpg
new4.jpg

Last edited:
I just watered each of the three pots with 2/3 of a gallon of CalMag treated/pHed water. Perhaps it's not the problem, but the condition is worsening and I wanted to try it.

Do you recognize those slick spots on the leaves? It seems odd. Those areas are where the leaf begins to break down in color first. It looks as if something has been sprayed or splashed onto the leaves but that has not happened.

new6.jpg

Looks a lot like powdery mildew. Can you wipe that off with your thumb? If it is powdery mildew you need more air movement that is more air going in and out of your tent and more air across the plants. The mold spores can't settle on the plant if the air is constantly moving.

You can treat powdery mildew with very dilute plant oils if you have something like neem oil around. I really like a product called sm-90 I use it for all kinds of things in my grow room but it takes care of powdery mildew real quick.

You can get a magnifier application for your cell phone and get a real good up close look at that. If it's powdery mildew on close up you'll be able to see the white stuff growing on it.

It's also possible at this point that you might be overwatering.

Back