New Grower 1st Grow Journal - realNeat - AutoFem White Widow x3

Things continue to worsen IMO and now even my best looking plant all this time has started to get these spots that seem to be leading to discoloration and then curling. I still do not know the issue. With the first plant effected, it began on the lowest set of leaves and then jumped up to the next fan set. These spots are starting to show quickly on the other plants, on their fan sets, and not on the lowers first.

new9.jpg
new7.jpg
new8.jpg

Looks a lot like powdery mildew. Can you wipe that off with your thumb? If it is powdery mildew you need more air movement that is more air going in and out of your tent and more air across the plants. The mold spores can't settle on the plant if the air is constantly moving.

You can treat powdery mildew with very dilute plant oils if you have something like neem oil around. I really like a product called sm-90 I use it for all kinds of things in my grow room but it takes care of powdery mildew real quick.

You can get a magnifier application for your cell phone and get a real good up close look at that. If it's powdery mildew on close up you'll be able to see the white stuff growing on it.

It's also possible at this point that you might be overwatering.

Thanks. I'm willing to investigate any potential cause. I can say that the spotting doesn't have any white or powdery look to it, but looks more like an oil slick and clear. I'm sure this could look differently on a variety of plants. I'll read more about it and try treating for it.

Things continue to worsen IMO and now even my best looking plant all this time has started to get these spots that seem to be leading to discoloration and then curling. I still do not know the issue. With the first plant effected, it began on the lowest set of leaves and then jumped up to the next fan set. These spots are starting to show quickly on the other plants, on their fan sets, and not on the lowers first.

View attachment 791793 View attachment 791794 View attachment 791795
can you scrape it off?? is it fuzzy?

did you juice it recently? (fertilize)

natural pm killer = 1 gal water 1 cap full veg oil and a spoon of baking soda (I believe) I used it earlier and worked like a charm
spray bottle that and apply to leaves

judging from the look of it, you just fed it and the juice go on the leaves.. burned it
and maybe to wet??
ive noticed with some pk/floral booster the leaves will perspire white crystals.. weird but ive seen it .. why I like to wet leaves when I juice

Last edited:
can you scrape it off?? is it fuzzy?

did you juice it recently? (fertilize)

natural pm killer = 1 gal water 1 cap full veg oil and a spoon of baking soda (I believe) I used it earlier and worked like a charm
spray bottle that and apply to leaves

judging from the look of it, you just fed it and the juice go on the leaves.. burned it
and maybe to wet??
ive noticed with some pk/floral booster the leaves will perspire white crystals.. weird but ive seen it .. why I like to wet leaves when I juice

No, this started a few days ago and the plants have only been given straight water all their life so far (FFOF). These areas also are not fuzzy or white, and there doesn't seem to be anything "on top" of the leaves. It really seems like it's within the leaf itself. They begin to discolor into a light green/brown and then curl/twist. To the touch they seem dried, slightly crispy, and rough.

No, this started a few days ago and the plants have only been given straight water all their life so far (FFOF). These areas also are not fuzzy or white, and there doesn't seem to be anything "on top" of the leaves. It really seems like it's within the leaf itself. They begin to discolor into a light green/brown and then curl/twist. To the touch they seem dried, slightly crispy, and rough.
see if I can get the medical squad in here...
paging doctor @Waira doctor @Eekman
first question they'll ask is soil ph and stuff so prep your notes

fox farm.... hmmmm @FullDuplex this ever happen to you?

From everything that I've read, this really seems like nutrient burn. These are 17 day old plants in Ocean Forest after all... but what is throwing me off are those slick spots. It seems like some other affliction, but I suppose that could be part of the burn as like I said before, those areas seem to be changing within the leaf itself and don't appear to have an external source. *There has been no nutrient/water splash on these leaves.

The addition of the second light a few days ago seemed like a good way to power the plants through the burn - trying to get them to use up the soil nutes quicker and perhaps stabilize.

Another large part of the general color mottling on 2 of the 3 plants seems to be pH fluctuations and imbalance. As these plants are growing larger and spreading their roots I think they're getting into pockets with high fluctuating pH and/or nute concentrations... Just an idea. I really will not be using FFOF for the next grow.

Well bro, I hope when the experts get here they can give you their opinions. In the meantime I'm still voting for powdery mildew all the symptoms you're describing and the few pictures you have but those white spots are symptoms. I've noticed in the past that p.m. seems to like high nitrogen levels. As well as the poor air circulation and big temperature swings.

Day 18 now I believe. Leaves have continued to worsen on all plants. Have not watered for 2 days. Stems are now very thick and hardy and oscillating fan is now hitting the plants directly 24/7, instead of residual as before. 4" ventilation system has been 24/7 since about 3 days ago. Still 2 autocobs, still 32" from soil. Used the Zorb to study the affected leaves and see no evidence of a mildew or bugs. I believe I'm having hot nutrient and soil pH imbalance problems. Hoping to power through as grow continues.

Note: Bad phone pic. Plants are not actually yellow-green like they seem in the photo.

unnamed.jpg

So your plants are now big enough to water to run off when their ready. You'll want to do that to stabilize your root zone of your having pH fluctuations, wash out excess salts, just don't want them to drink that run off back up.

I once flushed some plants I was using ffof and trio and dumped my water under a tree. It killed the tree.

Sounds like you have good air movement now, if you have pm that should clear it up.

If you want to give your plants a general shot in the arm and perk them up sm-90 foliar feed would do wonders and would like any pm that may need present. Old school growers would use a little aspirin, plant oil and soap to accomplish the same thing.

The salicylic acid in the aspirin is a plant hormone from willows and it stimulates weed quite nice. It is also in sm-90.

Back