New Grower 1st Grow Journal - realNeat - AutoFem White Widow x3

Day 11. The model plant is 5" across the leaves; height has slowed, around 4-4.25"; still top-heavy and falling over on occasion.

I noticed something interesting this morning, and I am wondering what it means. Last night before bed, I lowered the COB to 32" from 36". This morning at first look, all of the plants were stretched super flat horizontally to the light. They were the widest and flattest I've ever seen them - they seemed to really be digging the light. As the day went on though, the two plants with mottled leaves began to fan slightly upward, tip first; looking somewhat like the shape of a "Y" instead of a "T" if looking from the side and dirt level. Any idea why they moved that way? Does it mean anything?

View attachment 789424
I believe what your describing is what some people call praying. The seedlings are thriving from the light it seems.

Day 11. The model plant is 5" across the leaves; height has slowed, around 4-4.25"; still top-heavy and falling over on occasion.

I noticed something interesting this morning, and I am wondering what it means. Last night before bed, I lowered the COB to 32" from 36". This morning at first look, all of the plants were stretched super flat horizontally to the light. They were the widest and flattest I've ever seen them - they seemed to really be digging the light. As the day went on though, the two plants with mottled leaves began to fan slightly upward, tip first; looking somewhat like the shape of a "Y" instead of a "T" if looking from the side and dirt level. Any idea why they moved that way? Does it mean anything?

View attachment 789424
The leaves reaching at that angle is referred to by some as praying, a natural thing. They seem to be thriving from the light.

Day 13. My tower fan keeps blowing them over so I've stopped the oscillation and pointed toward a corner.

20170808_230533.jpg
20170808_230602.jpg

Day 14. I was gone for much of the day and kept the tent open and the grow room door shut. When I got home after many hours and opened the door, it was Skunk City... Hurricane inline fan and Phresh filter now run 24/7, like the lighting. Today I watered about 1/3 gallon of neutral, distilled water per plant.

new5.jpg

Sending these photos to my thread in the infirmary... Didn't enjoy finding this first thing in the morning. The leaves on this one plant, the bottom most leaves, look like they have a rust color in them.

20170810_110412.jpg
20170810_110416.jpg
20170810_110422.jpg

I probably wouldn't worry too much about those first couple leaves. They tend to suffer a bit from The Young roots of the seedling being too young and tender to handle some of the nutrients that exist in the soil and as you go on they start to look worse the first. Plus we always seem to Splash a few nutrients on them which gives them kind of a funny look and can sometimes magnify the light and cause issues.

As long as your new growth is good and you don't see that continuing up the plant I wouldn't worry. I think it's too early to have any of the classic problems that you may have in a soil grow. Sometime in the future you're going to want to start watering to run off every time you water that'll keep you from getting lock out but I think it's a bit early to be worrying about that yet.

I probably wouldn't worry too much about those first couple leaves. They tend to suffer a bit from The Young roots of the seedling being too young and tender to handle some of the nutrients that exist in the soil and as you go on they start to look worse the first. Plus we always seem to Splash a few nutrients on them which gives them kind of a funny look and can sometimes magnify the light and cause issues.

As long as your new growth is good and you don't see that continuing up the plant I wouldn't worry. I think it's too early to have any of the classic problems that you may have in a soil grow. Sometime in the future you're going to want to start watering to run off every time you water that'll keep you from getting lock out but I think it's a bit early to be worrying about that yet.

Those 2 leaves on that one plant are even worse today. Should I just pull them off?

If you like, it can increase air flow to remove leaves. I normally don't bother anymore unless I'm taking contest photos or they have a fungus/bacteria on them.

I always remove the lower leaves eventually, just to keep the plants more hygienic. They sit down there and then get nutrients on them and they get Splash and they just look ugly and I take them out anyway.

Usually my plants grow large enough to where I remove several of the bottom branches by the time they get into flower.

Back