New Grower 1st Grow Journal - realNeat - AutoFem White Widow x3

Please take a look at this comparison. Leaves look different between plants. Is there an issue here? One looks normal and the other two look like the one on the right.

new1.jpg
new2.jpg

Please take a look at this comparison. Leaves look different between plants. Is there an issue here? One looks normal and the other two look like the one on the right.

View attachment 787865 View attachment 787866
Wow, allot of catching up for just a day or two.

Those leaves are puzzlers, the up curled leaf tips would be over heat or over transpiration (fan to strong or close) .

The mottled color I've seem with pH issues or bugs. I think it's too early to have pH issues, looking for bugs I would be very careful those look like young seedlings. To really look you'd need at least a 10x loop to see well. They'd be on the bottom of the leaves.

I really think correcting fan or heat issues and giving them a couple days will solve your problem. If not I'd get over to the infirmary for some advice.

Wow, allot of catching up for just a day or two.

Those leaves are puzzlers, the up curled leaf tips would be over heat or over transpiration (fan to strong or close) .

The mottled color I've seem with pH issues or bugs. I think it's too early to have pH issues, looking for bugs I would be very careful those look like young seedlings. To really look you'd need at least a 10x loop to see well. They'd be on the bottom of the leaves.

I really think correcting fan or heat issues and giving them a couple days will solve your problem. If not I'd get over to the infirmary for some advice.

They have all somewhat looked mottled like that since the beginning. One has really cleared up on its own. The clear one is closest to the small fan. Temps reach upper 70s at the most right now after going back to 1 autocob. I am going to invest in a good, oscillating tower fan today for a corner of the tent.

I've backed the 1 autocob with reflector to 36".

I am also ordering a Carson zOrb digital microscope to get those up-close looks for now and for harvest time.

Last edited:
i always start seedlings under a cfl i never have a issue since my 1st screw up putting them under my hps also im no pro but they have never needed a fan that young with me and they seem to look like there not growing at all as seedlings so dont stress pal at around 10 days to 14 days they start flying and will surprise ya

i always start seedlings under a cfl i never have a issue since my 1st screw up putting them under my hps also im no pro but they have never needed a fan that young with me and they seem to look like there not growing at all as seedlings so dont stress pal at around 10 days to 14 days they start flying and will surprise ya
You need air movement to for several reasons ,one being to help keep the stems strong.If you think about it the wind blows a lot outside.A gentle breeze all the time is a good thing.Peace Please

They have all somewhat looked mottled like that since the beginning. One has really cleared up on its own. The clear one is closest to the small fan. Temps reach upper 70s at the most right now after going back to 1 autocob. I am going to invest in a good, oscillating tower fan today for a corner of the tent.

I've backed the 1 autocob with reflector to 36".

I am also ordering a Carson zOrb digital microscope to get those up-close looks for now and for harvest time.
Yeah, I kind of thought that on the motteling. That's why I thought they'd clear up in a couple days. Sometimes the new Roots just can't handle mixed soils that may have little pockets of high nitrogen or other mineral content.

Yep, they've really been growing fine so far based upon naked eye each morning and the measurements at night - leaves have been getting much longer and wider. Today, I have really noticed the stem gaps between the first set and second set of true leaves. They just look a bit funny right now. Not overly worried unless they get worse.

Day 8. Thread submitted to infirmary about leaf discolorations and some up-curling; not overly concerned for now. Heights are 3.25", and 2x 3.5". Largest leaf spread, tip to tip, is 3.25". Leaf width is 5/8".

new3.jpg

Back