New Grower 1st Grow Journal - realNeat - AutoFem White Widow x3

So your plants are now big enough to water to run off when their ready. You'll want to do that to stabilize your root zone of your having pH fluctuations, wash out excess salts, just don't want them to drink that run off back up.

I once flushed some plants I was using ffof and trio and dumped my water under a tree. It killed the tree.

Sounds like you have good air movement now, if you have pm that should clear it up.

If you want to give your plants a general shot in the arm and perk them up sm-90 foliar feed would do wonders and would like any pm that may need present. Old school growers would use a little aspirin, plant oil and soap to accomplish the same thing.

The salicylic acid in the aspirin is a plant hormone from willows and it stimulates weed quite nice. It is also in sm-90.

The last time that I watered is the only time that I watered until run-off. So I should be dumping the excess? Did not know that. Oops, it soaked back up and/or evaporated some. I don't know anything about foliar applications, but I will look into it. Thank you for following along since the beginning @jingo and helping out.

I dont think that you are seeing any type of mildew or mold or anything spore related here.

The firs thing that you do not want to do is throw a bunch of random shit at the plant it'll make your problems worse.

Give her time, looking at the leaf curl, the soil or what your feeding it is hot, back off any type of liquid, powder, or what ever source of ferts you are using.

FFOF is HOT out of the bag, the stuff will burn up seedlings, period. Ive also seen that the pH of it has been all over the place recently which adds insult to injury. If you feel the need to use that soil, cut it. Use something that has a base of 0-0-0 and no more than .5-.5-.5

Remember you cant fix leaf damage you can only prevent it from happening on the new growth. Once the Damage is that visible the cell tissue is already dead and you cant do a damn thing about it.

I say use only water for the next few feedings, let her adjust to that soil. You wont see yellowing or anything like that, but if you do and its on the lowers dont panic its just the plant doing what its supposed to do. At that point 1/4 strength or less.

So your plants are now big enough to water to run off when their ready. You'll want to do that to stabilize your root zone of your having pH fluctuations, wash out excess salts, just don't want them to drink that run off back up.

I once flushed some plants I was using ffof and trio and dumped my water under a tree. It killed the tree.

Sounds like you have good air movement now, if you have pm that should clear it up.

If you want to give your plants a general shot in the arm and perk them up sm-90 foliar feed would do wonders and would like any pm that may need present. Old school growers would use a little aspirin, plant oil and soap to accomplish the same thing.

The salicylic acid in the aspirin is a plant hormone from willows and it stimulates weed quite nice. It is also in sm-90.

In Aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid, it's NOT the same as salicylic acid. Salicylic acid act likes plant hormone.

In Aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid, it's NOT the same as salicylic acid. Salicylic acid act likes plant hormone.
I guess we got a chemist who can't stand the shortening (salicitic acid) used everywhere on the net. But, it is a plant hormone all the same (aspirin) and will work in that form.

Notice the bit about yields? Jingo's pounds of yields start to make sense.

99230e9e61f6effc86e9312627c2d56e.jpg

Day 20. I figured as much, that it's nute burn and such. I just don't understand why this didn't happen much sooner than when it did. Tomorrow I will cut the worst leaves since now they're basically shade umbrellas...

new1.jpg
new2.jpg

Day 21. Cut a good amount of dead from the most affected. On the bushiest, I've done some tucking. Things are dry enough that I will be watering tomorrow, perhaps with CalMag. Does anyone have any advice on tucking/training? It feels like there's not much room to maneuver, but maybe I'm being too gentle.

new4.jpg
new3.jpg

Day 22. The plants are bigger and bushier than ever, but continuing the droop as the soil had become dry. I also noticed a few spots in a couple places on two of the three plants that I diagnosed as wind burn. I have redirected the tower fan into a corner of the tent for residual wind instead of direct. The fan had been made to directly hit the plants when it was thought that there could be a mildew problem, which decidedly wasn't the case. I also did quite a bit more leaf tucking on the bushiest plant - pulling some newer/longer growth underneath up above the much larger/older fan sets.

Each plant received just under half a gallon of water (achieving very slight run-off) with a level of 1 tsp/gal of Grow Big, 1 tsp/gal Big Bloom, and 1 tsp/gal CalMag. As I looked underneath each of these cloth Smart Pots, I noticed widespread root protrusion through the fabric. I feel that I have really hit the time frame in the grow where things get to be very trial & error.

Pics in the morning as I see the plant response from tonight's activity. I hope it's not a crime scene...

Can anyone tell me what these new spots are? Ailments/symptoms seem to be never ending.

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (2).jpg

Could be over transpiration, my plants usually are pretty ragged around the edges of their leaves by the time I finish a grow. As long as my humidity is up at a reasonable rate I don't mind blasting them.

Could be over transpiration, my plants usually are pretty ragged around the edges of their leaves by the time I finish a grow. As long as my humidity is up at a reasonable rate I don't mind blasting them.

2 lights considerably cut my RH into the low-mid 50s. I have a small, 35pt dehumidifier in the room, but it honestly doesn't do a whole lot overall.

Back