New Grower 1st grow - Dinafem Fruit Auto - harvested!

Lovely looking lady! Our girls are the same age :)

I would definately defoliate some of the larger fan leaves at the bottom to help air flow and uncover bid sites.

I would be concerned around RH. If it was me I would be getting a dehumidifier and some fans in the tent. The chance of grot is not worth the risk IMO.

In my experience RH will get worse as the plant grows bigger, more vegetation and more feeding.

Lovely looking lady! Our girls are the same age :)

I would definately defoliate some of the larger fan leaves at the bottom to help air flow and uncover bid sites.

I would be concerned around RH. If it was me I would be getting a dehumidifier and some fans in the tent. The chance of grot is not worth the risk IMO.

In my experience RH will get worse as the plant grows bigger, more vegetation and more feeding.
Thanks so much for dropping by and give me some advise. I will defoliate more but am a bit conservative as I dare not to cut too many leaves. I will get a dehumidifier and the RH in the last few days remain between 55% (light on) and 65% (light off). I have got a monkey fan on one side and a small one on the other size. Too many things to consider but all and all, it is good fun.

Day 43 - Am I being impatient or the buds don't seem to be fatten up? Did a little more defoliation and try to control the RH.

Ah...one idiot question, how do you add the photos as attachment like other members, so it shows the thumbnails but will show the larger size photo when you click on it and like a slide show?

Thanks so much for dropping by and give me some advise. I will defoliate more but am a bit conservative as I dare not to cut too many leaves. I will get a dehumidifier and the RH in the last few days remain between 55% (light on) and 65% (light off). I have got a monkey fan on one side and a small one on the other size. Too many things to consider but all and all, it is good fun.

I keep defoliating till I can see the base of the stem. Or up to 20% of leaves in a day. They are hardy if healthy!

I remove dead, dying, yellowing leaves or anything that covers a bud site. Then any leaf pointing into the centre. Trimming scissors are a god send and cheap from Amazon.

I reckon the lower fan leaves can still be removed to clear those bud sites.

Bud rot at this stage can be locked in - leading to much upset later :-(

Bud rot is prone in low air circulating and moist (50%) environments. In my tent 1.2 x 0.6 I have 6 fans!

From first signs of pre flower I drop RH to 50 then down to 35 over two weeks. So scared am I.

My climate is very moist >70% normally.

Patience! Buds pack on much weight in the last two to three weeks. That is when I hit them with overdrive. I start pk lightly from week five flower onwards. Rocket fuel so watch out. Less is more!

Patience! Buds pack on much weight in the last two to three weeks. That is when I hit them with overdrive. I start pk lightly from week five flower onwards. Rocket fuel so watch out. Less is more!

I am not a patient padawan,lol.

Thanks Jumper again:biggrin: Is there any leaves that I shouldn't touch or remove?

Now I have 2 fans and a mini air-con, last checked, the RH was 45%. I am into 7 weeks of my first grow and I find RH and temperature control is the hardest part, mainly I have a small tent.

Trimming section done.

For the cost the inkbird controllers are worth their weight in gold. However, a dehumidifier will have its own control - so go that way first. Get one that drains out - or you will be emptying often !!!

AFAIK an a/c will remove some humidity - but not ideal as it switches off when x temp is hit. Temp and humidity are not directly related ... keeping it simple ;-).

I also use a WiFi environment monitor - again pretty cheap off Amazon - saves opening and closing the tent and changing conditions. Alarms are vital to monitor the environment IMO.

We look after roots and environment - the girls do the rest. I see it like running a reef tank :)

For the cost the inkbird controllers are worth their weight in gold. However, a dehumidifier will have its own control - so go that way first. Get one that drains out - or you will be emptying often !!!

AFAIK an a/c will remove some humidity - but not ideal as it switches off when x temp is hit. Temp and humidity are not directly related ... keeping it simple ;-).

I also use a WiFi environment monitor - again pretty cheap off Amazon - saves opening and closing the tent and changing conditions. Alarms are vital to monitor the environment IMO.

We look after roots and environment - the girls do the rest. I see it like running a reef tank :)
It is getting more complicated now but will keep this in mind and see what I can do in the near future.

Day 44 - Impatient kicks in again:biggrin: At this stage, won't be a big different on the daily basics, unlike the week 3/4 it has the explosive growth. I see a lot of the pistils are orange, about half of them, is it normal? Waiting for the buds to pack:smoking:

How long do you reckon until harvest? As I need to time it to flush it.

Last edited:
Day 45 - Not much has changed, waiting waiting waiting........

full

Back