New Grower 1st grow - Dinafem Fruit Auto - harvested!

Lookin good! The buds pack on pretty quick at that stage.

I keep looking at others journals to compare with the development, I understand that different strains/grow conditions etc will affect the growth but I hope to notice any problems at the earliest stage so I don't ruin it. Deep and very interesting learning curve:smoking: I can't wait until the whole stem is full of fat buds:biggrin:

Day 39 - Compares to Day 36, today she looks healthier after I have up the nute and water in the last couple days. I am feeding her 1L per day. Watching her grows everyday makes me so excited and hope I can keep it up and will end up with a great harvest:smoking:

She does look a lot healthier!

At this stage they use up a lot of nutes I had the same thing happen my first grow and I am going to be upping my nutes again I was feeding every other water now I am going to do feed feed water.

They will get to the point where they just yellow if you let it get nice and ripe it's normal in later flower just not early flower and when they are packing on a lot of buds.

I would just keep up with the nutes for now unless you see burned leaf tips.

She does look a lot healthier!

At this stage they use up a lot of nutes I had the same thing happen my first grow and I am going to be upping my nutes again I was feeding every other water now I am going to do feed feed water.

They will get to the point where they just yellow if you let it get nice and ripe it's normal in later flower just not early flower and when they are packing on a lot of buds.

I would just keep up with the nutes for now unless you see burned leaf tips.

I feel very sorry that I starved my baby last week:crying: but she is growing well now, what a relief:biggrin: What do you think about the buds? Will I get more? Sorry for the bad quality photos.

I will keep up the nutes as advised, thanks again:smoking:

Oh yeah you still have a while to pack on buds, it will hit a certain point where it swells (The buds swell over the hairs) and that is when you get most of your bud weight also it depends on what kind of effect you want but if you let her get really ripe and wait for say 20 percent to half amber trichomes you will get more yield but it depends on what kind of effect you want, clear trichs produce a fast upbeat high that doesn't last long, mainly all cloudy with a little clear is a 50/50 head high and body stone, 20 percent amber and around 70 percent cloudy with 10 percent clear more narcotic and good for pain relief more body stone and half amber is couch lock with most indicas but depending on your tolerance even 20 percent amber can be couch lock.

Basically what you are doing with checking the trichomes is checking the rate that thc is converted to cbd threw oxidation, it basically converts thc into cbd the pain and medical stuff the more amber you go so you want to harvest when it is developed to your personal liking and uses. For instance more thc and low cbd for some people is not good like a war vet with ptsd he would freak out even more on a high thc and low to no cbd strain because it is the cbd that reduces and treats anxiety including the anxiety weed can cause especially sativa's and indica's harvested more cloudy so if you grow for people with anxiety or that have freaked out on weed it is better to stick with an indica harvested at 20 percent amber or so but if you want to work while smoking go for mainly all cloudy.

Thanks for the detail reply again, much appreciated:biggrin: I have read a lot about when to harvest and the effect etc. At the moment, one step at a time for me, as this is my first ever grow, I am a bit anxious about the whole process. But I know I should prepare myself as the harvest time is getting closer everyday:eyebrows: If she ends up with 2oz, oh my, I will be over the moon:vibe:

I think I will aim for 20% amber trichomes if I am patient enough to wait of course:smoking:

Is there a way to guess what the final yield will be?

Quick update on Day 40,she looks good and gets very bushy. However, the RH in the tent has gone to the roof in the last few days, the only thing I have changed to the plant / environment is that I increase the watering level. i did some search on the internet, and decided to defoliating her, with worrying as I afraid I would do some damage to her. After that, wait about 2 hours later and checked the tent, it has gone back to normal rh to around 55%,thanks god! So now the buds can get more light:clapper: I may do a little defoliation later but have to wait and see.

820103-273173a4786b4111a007c4bb4f9ca85f.jpg

After defoliation

Can't add any advice, just wanted to chime in and say keep at it and good luck! :toke:

Back