New Grower 1st grow… Banner and Girl Scout Cookies

Sure man, the first one has reallnice spacing. The second one, as she's way shorter I'd wanna open her up to ensure airflow. so I'd take off lower leaves and any crummy little branches.
Definitely better to remove too little than too much :smokeit:

I would say you've got quite a bit longer than just 4 weeks on the most mature one, she looks pretty early on yet.

I would say you've got quite a bit longer than just 4 weeks on the most mature one, she looks pretty early on yet.

Ok. Gonna trim up the little one over the weekend. This plant has been going for 56 days already. Do you think this is a feminized or 100+day strain?

Sure man, the first one has reallnice spacing. The second one, as she's way shorter I'd wanna open her up to ensure airflow. so I'd take off lower leaves and any crummy little branches.
Definitely better to remove too little than too much :smokeit:

Yes. I only removed maybe..maybe 15-20% on #1. Would it be worth supercropping the cola on #2 (like #1), to lower the canopy/light? Or too risky?

Ok. Gonna trim up the little one over the weekend. This plant has been going for 56 days already. Do you think this is a feminized or 100+day strain?
Those two aren't mutually exclusive. Fem only means that they were created with reversed pollen instead of pollen from a male. Afaik sativas tend to run longer in general. Here are two from my first grow at 56 days.
20210910_130356.jpg
20210910_131009 (1).jpg
20210910_130453.jpg
20210910_130516.jpg

And when I chopped them (earlier than I really should have, but it was my first grow) 5 weeks later.
20211009_211132.jpg
20211008_021811.jpg
20211009_211229.jpg
20211009_211251.jpg

Now, don't get me wrong, they still get me high. They just would have been better and would have given a higher yield had I let them mature longer and finish bulking out.

You have to remember, the timelines listed by breeders are for ideal conditions and treatment, and generally they refer to flowering time, not total lifespan.

20211127_205203.jpg

Generally, you'd start counting flowering time once they have crowns as above, not from the time when they first show sex.

Beautiful plants. @Suki813.
Oh yeah. I’m already pretty excited about #1. Im gonna let them go as long as they can. Should I continue to feed her nutes for another week?

Was just expecting the BB to be bigger than 18-20” tall by Day 56. It’s an sativa dominant I believe I read, but I’m just learning about strains too.

Beautiful plants. @Suki813.
Im gonna let them go as long as they can. Was just expecting the BB to be bigger than 18-20” tall by Day 56. It’s an sativa dominant I believe I read, but I’m just learning about strains too.
I would be willing to bet she will stretch a ton once she starts flowering!

Reactions: AMG
Yes. I only removed maybe..maybe 15-20% on #1. Would it be worth supercropping the cola on #2 (like #1), to lower the canopy/light? Or too risky?
I dont think supercropping is necessary here cos the top isn't loads higher than the other branches. Your light should get them all. I don't think she'll stretch a whole lot more cos she's pretty well into flower already :smokeit:

Back