New Grower 1st grow… Banner and Girl Scout Cookies

Hey guys.. nice thread. And your so correct and really robbed yourself of the best high by chopping ear, which hey, we've all done.
Was wondering what you all consider Supercropping. I was taught by Soma it was pinching the branch at a certain week in flower. ??

Reactions: AMG
Hey guys.. nice thread. And your so correct and really robbed yourself of the best high by chopping ear, which hey, we've all done.
Was wondering what you all consider Supercropping. I was taught by Soma it was pinching the branch at a certain week in flower. ??
Hi Eric nah supercropping is just pinching and bending over a stem at any time, whether that's in veg or early flower. Or even late flower, if the situation calls for it :smokeit:

@Cartman @fauxnacho
I have read and was under the impression that cropping the main cola (or other branches) does not affect the THC level, maybe even increases it slightly? I haven’t done this to #2, so we will see how it goes. One thing is for sure, by cropping and lowering the canopy by 8-12 inches, the undergrowth has (so far) done very well on #1.

Got my little $25 microscope (works pretty good!) and checked the trichomes on #1. Looks to my untrained eye that I’ve got a little ways to go? Mostly clear, a little milky, a few darker ones. What do you folks think? How quickly do these transition? Should I be looking nearly every day? Pistils are around 50ish%. Pics below.

Last edited:
C88E4F45-F018-4991-8324-1D5EEAC1BC2D.jpeg
AECF3C4A-7D2B-4307-8795-2E36AA92DE4F.jpeg
7C546740-A290-49A8-A983-E7A19DC555FE.jpeg

Reactions: AMG
You don't want to look at the leaves at all, they mature way faster. I agree, you've got a ways to go.

You don't want to look at the leaves at all, they mature way faster. I agree, you've got a ways to go.

I gave #1 its first good watering (to run off) a couple of days ago w/ only pHed H20. Starting to take in less water it seems.

Should I continue this or resume with nutes for a little while longer? The buds are fattening up nicely and there is still some growth.

Thanks for all the veteran info everyone!

I gave #1 its first good watering (to run off) a couple of days ago w/ only pHed H20. Starting to take in less water it seems.

Should I continue this or resume with nutes for a little while longer? The buds are fattening up nicely and there is still some growth.

Thanks for all the veteran info everyone!
@pop22 has a great writer up on the myth of flushing!

Back