New Grower 1st grow… Banner and Girl Scout Cookies

Thank you Beavens! Good looking tool/resource. I have read a bit about VPD on this forum and the importance of it.

Yw Sleepy! You can still do just fine with using ranges for temps/humidity (that's how my first 3 grows went and I didn't do terribly), but the plants are happiest when you make the conditions ideal. Happy plants = more productive plants! GL with your run, amigo.

Day 7- 3 of the plants are looking good. 1-2” tall with their first little set of leaves. :biggrin:

One of the BB doesn’t seem to be doing very well. It started looped down into the soil. I used a toothpick to try to whittle the top out, but no go. Now I have a little 1/8-1/4” stem poking out the top of the soil with no leaves. I’m afraid it might not make. Still watering and hopeful but it isn’t showing much sign of growth the last few days. Any ideas? Just let it go and see what happens? I was thinking of taking some small scissors and taking the tip off the top, but not sure if that would be a great idea either?

VPD is looking nice at 78F and 70%RH

Not gonna lie, I’m jealous whenever I open these first time grow journals.

I vividly recall using CFL’s & T5’s for my first grow. We didn’t even have fabric pots readily available back then! Technology in the horticulture space has come a long ways in the past 20 years.

Youre setup looks great OP.

Did it lose its leaves, or did the stem not completely unfold and the initial cotes are still under the soil? Pic?

I think so KDawg. It never had leaves.

1B7B9CCE-BA4E-465D-A902-BC21F961FFDB.jpeg

DF77C9F0-2E0A-4E2C-BA81-22F9A1671894.jpeg

D7E1ACE1-C377-4676-88FA-59BF755DBECF.jpeg

Yeah - I don't think there's any coming back from that :gassy1:

I say just pop another :lol:

Yeah - I don't think there's any coming back from that :gassy1:

I say just pop another :lol:

Unfortunately out of town for a few days again and w/out another on standby. A friend gifted me these and I haven’t got a good stash of seeds yet. A learning moment already!

Here we are at 14 days and things seem to be going pretty well. I lost one Of the BB, but despite the other and one of the GSC being a little slow going compared to the big Girl, everything seems to be coming alive.

Just gave the girls their 2nd dose of nutes, Grow Big and Big Bloom each at 1/4tsp/gallon, every 2-3 days. Water is at around 6-6.1pH at 180-200ppm.

With my cellphone PAR meter (I know probably not the most accurate) top of the plants are showing at around 550-600 PPFD w/lights at 100%. Temps are running in the low 80sF at around 60%RH. They do drop considerably to around 68-70F at the end of the dark cycle. RH doesn’t change much. Is this temp drop major cause for concern?

Things are coming alive! Anything I should change?

AA716459-2892-4D0D-B92F-2D69CA00B465.jpeg

Last edited:
Lookin' good! :thumbsup:

Temp/RH's seem reasonable. That day-night temp difference is about what mine is at.

Is that feed, or just plain water on the leaves? Feed tends to burn leaves if you get some on them.

Growth is exponential - the first 2-3 weeks are pretty slow, but they're about to start exploding soon! :pop:

Back