New Grower 1st grow; Amare SolarEclipse 450, Advanced Nutes, Coco

They all have some more time to go probably 2 weeks on most of them I think. What I look for before I even bother to use it Loop comma is the calyxes starting to swell up almost like they getting seeds in them. The same time that hears it gets shorter and darker actually the calyxes kind of swell up to Encompass the hairs and hairs kind of for back at the same time.

Current Diaries

Jingo grows zambeza white widow and supper silver haze

Jingo does Remo nutes, Dinafem white cheese and portal kracken.

Jingo grows Dinafem White Cheese, lumigrow pro 325, gh and remo nutes

Jingo'scontinuous cbd grow, lumigrow pro LED, GH nutrients in coco, with test results.

Thanks Jingo

Stand back folks, look what arrived today !!! AUTOPOTS - 4 pots and two reservoirs. I'll get these loaded up & germinated real soon, and then by the time they're ready to have the auto-valves turned on, hopefully the tent will be empty of the lovely ladies of my 1st grow.
IMG_3039.JPG

Ok man, now I'm hooked. I've now read about 10 articles on VPD -- how it affects plant growth, and how to monitor and manipulate it to optimize plant production. This answers a lot of questions and frustrations I've had during my first grow --- feeling that I was constantly chasing an RH number and/or a temperature number, but never realizing their relationship to each other and how that relationship needs to vary over the phases of the grow cycle. Thanks a bunch.
its addictive as fuck mate isnt it. i spend half my time at work reading up about all this. never really had any rh or heat issues yet thankfully but still got 5 weeks to go lol

Stand back folks, look what arrived today !!! AUTOPOTS - 4 pots and two reservoirs. I'll get these loaded up & germinated real soon, and then by the time they're ready to have the auto-valves turned on, hopefully the tent will be empty of the lovely ladies of my 1st grow.
View attachment 743095
i just had a wee look for these mate, i dont quite get it. is it a hybrid system? says you can use soil if you want and you dont need to plug anything in?? what sort of sourcery is this? is it like you start growing normally in the pot and the roots grow into a still water reseviour wich is filled from another res via gravity?

i just had a wee look for these mate, i dont quite get it. is it a hybrid system? says you can use soil if you want and you dont need to plug anything in?? what sort of sourcery is this? is it like you start growing normally in the pot and the roots grow into a still water reseviour wich is filled from another res via gravity?
Yeh, I'd say you got the gist of the AutoPot approach. It's a hybrid in that the plants are drinking water from the bottom supplied by a gravity from a reservoir, but you still use a soil-type medium, like coco. It's becoming so popular that there's a whole forum dedicated to AutoPots. It avoids many of the complications and expense of a true hydro. The big advantages to the normal top-watering grower is that your plants get exactly the amount of water/feed they need at exactly the time they need it. This eliminates some humor error, but more importantly, it saves time and allows the grower to be away (out of town) for several days without risk to the plant's nutritional needs. Seemed like a "no-brainer" to me, so I'm going to give it a go next.

Yeh, I'd say you got the gist of the AutoPot approach. It's a hybrid in that the plants are drinking water from the bottom supplied by a gravity from a reservoir, but you still use a soil-type medium, like coco. It's becoming so popular that there's a whole forum dedicated to AutoPots. It avoids many of the complications and expense of a true hydro. The big advantages to the normal top-watering grower is that your plants get exactly the amount of water/feed they need at exactly the time they need it. This eliminates some humor error, but more importantly, it saves time and allows the grower to be away (out of town) for several days without risk to the plant's nutritional needs. Seemed like a "no-brainer" to me, so I'm going to give it a go next.

Excellent choice, once you go autopot you don't look back.

They all have some more time to go probably 2 weeks on most of them I think. What I look for before I even bother to use it Loop comma is the calyxes starting to swell up almost like they getting seeds in them. The same time that hears it gets shorter and darker actually the calyxes kind of swell up to Encompass the hairs and hairs kind of for back at the same time.

Current Diaries

Jingo grows zambeza white widow and supper silver haze

Jingo does Remo nutes, Dinafem white cheese and portal kracken.

Jingo grows Dinafem White Cheese, lumigrow pro 325, gh and remo nutes

Jingo'scontinuous cbd grow, lumigrow pro LED, GH nutrients in coco, with test results.

Could not agree more, I find the trichs are not the best guide with autos, unlike with photos.

here mate, whats that floating sattelite dish looking thing at the left of your tent? just spotted it and havent got a clue lol

The one i have is 480w, but since they don't run all that long that won't matter much. I have Frigidaire 30pint, but like i said it's easy keep your environment dialed in and keep your VPD in green zone easily with dehumidifier/humidifier you know what VPD stands for and why it's important?
Vapor Pressure Deficit
oh wow. just had my morning banger then tried to read that. bad move lol. still a bit early for that i think, gave my grey matter a good kick start though. i already knew some of that so i think i get it. is it saying, basically its not just about what rh you keep the grow at different stages, youve got to keep it relative to the temperature to ensure equal enough air pressure to allow the plants to transpire appropriately? as the plants can only suck up what they can expel, if they cant sweat properly they wont grow properly. keeping it within the yellow section ensures for optimal conditions regarding.
is that about right? just had morning doob no2 so if it isnt ive got no chance till later on lol.

oh wow. just had my morning banger then tried to read that. bad move lol. still a bit early for that i think, gave my grey matter a good kick start though. i already knew some of that so i think i get it. is it saying, basically its not just about what rh you keep the grow at different stages, youve got to keep it relative to the temperature to ensure equal enough air pressure to allow the plants to transpire appropriately? as the plants can only suck up what they can expel, if they cant sweat properly they wont grow properly. keeping it within the yellow section ensures for optimal conditions regarding.
is that about right? just had morning doob no2 so if it isnt ive got no chance till later on lol.
Yeah that's close! except I try keep in the green so plant will transpire better. it fluctuates depending on temps & rh, but rather easy keep in check I think..

Back