New Grower 1st grow; Amare SolarEclipse 450, Advanced Nutes, Coco

Plants are looking real good, it's about now when I start to get worried about humidity too. It always happens once your plants getting nice and big they transpire more than they raise the humidity in your tent or room or whatever you have. I live in a climate where it's just starting to get really dry outside so thankful I'm not going to have a problem with that the rest of Summer.

Lots of guys successfully flower in 60% humidity, matter fact I think most of the guys in the UK probably grow that way at one time or another. It's just a matter of keeping that air movement like you're talking about and I would do some defoliation. Especially since you have those leafy style buds that collect a lot of sun on their own I would start removing some of those bigger fans and let things spread out of to get more air movement..

Hi there Jingo, great to have you check in again. I feel better hearing your comments -- the explanation of why RH would have jumped and the assurance that good air circulation will probably for avoid disaster. For the past week I've been defoliating at the rate of 8-15 leaves per day per plant. I'm not sure of what I'm doing actually, and may occasionally be choosing the wrong leaves to clip. But basically I'm trying to open up the interior and expose more of the lower buds to the light.
Thanks for your help.

they look great any chance you can get your hands on a dehumidifier? that will help so much keeping your humidity right where you want it.:pass:
Hi Unique. Welcome to my grow journal. I see that you're just starting a SweetSeeds Trainwreck. I'll sub-in and follow along. We have some similar grow environmentals.

Regarding dehumidifiers -- do you have any specific model or types to recommend. I have an old large compressor type machine -- big enough to treat a couple of thousand sq feet. But I don't want to use it ... its overkill and too big for the 4x4 tent, and would draw to much wattage. I have to watch my watts since I've got only two 15 Amp circuits which are shared across three rooms in the house.

So I went out and spent $50 on Amazon for the Ivation GDM36 Powerful Mid-Size Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier. Its a perfect size and a low power draw. When I first tried it out, my RH was between 40-50, and the darn unit did absolutely nothing, not even an oz or two. So I removed it. Now that the RH is up between 58-72, I've reinstalled it. We'll see if it does anything. If not, it goes back to Amazon.

t. I'm not sure of what I'm doing actually, and may occasionally be choosing the wrong leaves to clip. But basically I'm trying to open up the interior and expose more of the lower buds to the light.
sounds like your doing the right thing brotha....
and this is the dehumidifier i have coming... ill let you know how good it works:thumbsup: Amazon product

Floor lighting you say? never heard of that before. never even thought about it to be honest. im just relentlessly hacking off anything and everything in my way. (like well over a hundred leaves a week between 2 plants + about 12 colas all in) had never thought of trying to improve the lower plant. you could be onto a winner there mate im gonna have to look into that one. : )
Yeah these big CFLs I use could lay horizontal under the plant. Just use what ever watt but a red spectrum would be best for flowering obviously. You could lay them along the top of the pot an move them when watering or anything. Make a stand for them hand them put. Them on the floor haha as long as they don't get wet there getting light to the top and bottom flower sites. Off your main light and getting floor from underneath by big CFLs. They do well at close range. Bit like a shotgun lol Hope this helps pal!

sounds like your doing the right thing brotha....
and this is the dehumidifier i have coming... ill let you know how good it works:thumbsup: Amazon product

I read up on the one you've ordered. Same manufacturer (they really dominate this sector of the dehumidifier world) as mine, but looks to be more sophisticated and capable without boosting the physical size or wattage draw very much. So it could be a good choice.

I checked mine today, and its actually pulled out a couple of oz's of water, so I guess its useless to get the RH below 40+ but maybe OK getting the RH down from 60+. I've read a ton of reviews and Q&A on Amazon on these units, and it seems that virtually all of the thermo-electric (Peltier technology) devices have a very limited capability. I'll be interested to hear your results.

Hi Unique. Welcome to my grow journal. I see that you're just starting a SweetSeeds Trainwreck. I'll sub-in and follow along. We have some similar grow environmentals.

Regarding dehumidifiers -- do you have any specific model or types to recommend. I have an old large compressor type machine -- big enough to treat a couple of thousand sq feet. But I don't want to use it ... its overkill and too big for the 4x4 tent, and would draw to much wattage. I have to watch my watts since I've got only two 15 Amp circuits which are shared across three rooms in the house.

So I went out and spent $50 on Amazon for the Ivation GDM36 Powerful Mid-Size Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier. Its a perfect size and a low power draw. When I first tried it out, my RH was between 40-50, and the darn unit did absolutely nothing, not even an oz or two. So I removed it. Now that the RH is up between 58-72, I've reinstalled it. We'll see if it does anything. If not, it goes back to Amazon.
The one i have is 480w, but since they don't run all that long that won't matter much. I have Frigidaire 30pint, but like i said it's easy keep your environment dialed in and keep your VPD in green zone easily with dehumidifier/humidifier you know what VPD stands for and why it's important?
Vapor Pressure Deficit

I have a good flow chart for you that I have something similar on wall near my tent,so I can watch it closely.

http://arguscontrols.com/resources/VPD_Application_Note.pdf
OMG, VPD? I had no idea. Good thing that I'm a "systems" and technically orientated guy -- 'cause this stuff appeals to me. Thanks for the 13-page document describing it. I'll set aside some time to read it closely later today or tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

A couple of weeks ago @EvilScotsman gave me the term "Over Transpiration." Now I have "Vapor Pressure Deficit". Who wouldn't be impressed with my new found erudition ?

OMG, VPD? I had no idea. Good thing that I'm a "systems" and technically orientated guy -- 'cause this stuff appeals to me. Thanks for the 13-page document describing it. I'll set aside some time to read it closely later today or tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

A couple of weeks ago @EvilScotsman gave me the term "Over Transpiration." Now I have "Vapor Pressure Deficit". Who wouldn't be impressed with my new found erudition ?
Stop it with that shit, VPD. You're gonna cause me to have to get educated and I don't really want to have to do that.

Current Diaries

Jingo grows zambeza white widow and supper silver haze

Jingo does Remo nutes, Dinafem white cheese and portal kracken.

Jingo grows Dinafem White Cheese, lumigrow pro 325, gh and remo nutes

Jingo'scontinuous cbd grow, lumigrow pro LED, GH nutrients in coco, with test results.

Stop it with that shit, VPD. You're gonna cause me to have to get educated and I don't really want to have to do that.
Judging from your grows I'd say you don't need no stinkin' education, besides, God takes care of fools.
Me ? Well I'm always intrigued by the next 'bright shiny object', in fact, I'd even accept a shiny apple from a snake.
So no worries, @Unique and I will handle the VPDs --- which kinda sounds like a social disease, eh?

Back