New Grower 1st grow; Amare SolarEclipse 450, Advanced Nutes, Coco

OG's like to stretch! they get that from their chemdawg lineage
That's good to know, for future reference. I think there's lots to be said for a noob or novice to stick with just one (or two) strains per grow and thus minimize the differences and disparities in growth and nute requirements that each strain may exhibit. I thought doing 4 different stains for my 1st grow would increase my odds of success -- and maybe it has, but I don't like trying to "dial in" the right parameters under such variable conditions. Next grow I'm thinking of staying within a basic family group, like Sweet Tooth, Toof Decay and Toofless Alien -- I could call the grow, "1Sky Goes Dental".

And if Humboldt OG Kush stretches lots due to its chemdawg lineage, then wouldn't I expect my AutoSeeds Chemdog to be more than 20.75 inches? Its 37% shorter than the OG. But then, they're from different seed breeders, so who knows what stew is in the "pot".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. In fact, I'm thrilled with all four of my plants, and especially the OG and Chemdog. I'm wow'ed by their flower/bud development. Cheers, mate.

The AN nutes seem fine, but I have no basis for comparison -- being my 1st grow. Next month I hope to start a 2nd grow -- and am thinking of running a side-by-side grow of the same seeds, one with AN nutes and one with BioTabs. We'll see.

Your FB GSC is an inspiration, and almost twice the size of mine. Obviously you've done a great job with her. I don't understand exactly why mine is so much smaller -- except that I wasn't very attentive about watching pH during the grow phase. Almost, maybe she didn't like being topped once during her 4th week. Oh well, babe, get over it and bloom.
Yeah I get what you mean buddy, I'm also interested in trying new styles, I've only just heard about them biotabs from off here and even mephesto website highly recommend them saying that's all they use. And we've all seen what comes down from their mountain of joy haha!

Wow thanks, that's really kind words only1, you seem like an intelligent straight up honest dude who id love to have smoke with lol I mean its not a competition or anything but I'm sure you'll be kicked my ass in results sooner than later lol

All the best!

Today'd feeding: AN Sensi Coco Bloom 1.75 ml/L, AN BigBud 1 ml/L, AN Overdrive 1 ml/L, General Organics CaMg+ 2 ml/L.
No additional stretching today --- perhaps the vertical growth is finishing up.
55.tent c.JPG
55.tent d.JPG

i believe you answered your own question hahaalso light distance and environment play a big role also:pass:
Yep, I'm getting it, bit by bit. But you certainly gotta know -- based on whatever particular media & feeding style you've chosen --- what the critical variables are to watch, AND ... take nothing for granted. I have to say, I'm really having fun with all this, and so very much looking forward to a second grow next month.

. I have to say, I'm really having fun with all this, and so very much looking forward to a second grow next month.
thats all that matter man, as long as your having fun doing this you cant go wrong! it dont matter if your plant is 5inches in the end or 5 feet as long as it was fun and you learned something:pass:

thats all that matter man, as long as your having fun doing this you cant go wrong! it dont matter if your plant is 5inches in the end or 5 feet as long as it was fun and you learned something:pass:
@tripaholic88 Yeh, you're right, of course. In the end, its all about intention and attitude. But .... size matters I think. I rather have the 5 footer than the 5 incher. LOL.

Update: Day 60 for Humboldt's OG. Kush & FastBuds' GS Cookies /// Day 51for Sweet Seeds' Trainwreck & Auto Seeds' Chemdog

Today'd feeding:
Early morning: AN Sensi Coco Bloom 2 ml/L, AN BigBud 1 ml/L, AN Overdrive 1.75 ml/L, General Organics CaMg+ 2 ml/L.
Mid afternoon: 1 liter of ReCharge for each girl.

Stretching is basically finished --- the OG Kush is 36". The others are all much smaller: Chemdog is 21.5, GS Cookies is 18, and Trainwreck is 17.5

Temps and RH are relative stable. 24-hour low/high temp ranges from 68-78F, and RH from 38-62. I'm fairly successful keeping RH at or below 50 most of the time.

Here's a couple of bud shots; OG Kush then Chemdog.
58.OG bud.JPG
49.CD bud.JPG

sounds like your on track my friend! nice buds!

Back