New Grower 1st grow; Amare SolarEclipse 450, Advanced Nutes, Coco

Update: Day 62 for Humboldt's OG. Kush & FastBuds' GS Cookies /// Day 53 for Sweet Seeds' Trainwreck & Auto Seeds' Chemdog

Today'd feeding: AN Sensi Coco Bloom 2 ml/L, AN BigBud 1.5 ml/L, AN Overdrive 1.87 ml/L, General Organics CaMg+ 2 ml/L.
So, for the past week, I've keep the CalMg and Base nutes constant while slowing increasing the BigBud and Overdrive.

At this point I'm wondering (worrying)..."what should I be doing to optimize bud development?" I've started doing a little defoliating -- but don't know what I'm doing other than to try to remove some leaves that are blocking light to lower buds. I haven't yet removed lower growth (even some with less mature flowers), but wonder if I should. Can anyone point me to a link or thread that has a good discussion of the timing and strategies for defoliating, lollipopping or other invasion forms of plant discipline appropriate for this phase of development????

I've raised the GSC, Trainwreck and Chemdog up on boxes so that their canopy is more equal to the 37" OG Kush. Here are shots of the tent at this point:
61.tent b.JPG
61.tent c.JPG

OG Kush, at 62 days and 37" continues to be the monster of the group. There seems to be a lot of bud sites on her. Here she is:

62.OG a.JPG
62.OG b.JPG
62.OG c.JPG
62.OG d.JPG

Sharing the same birthday is the 18" Girl Scout Cookie from Fastbuds:

62.GS a.JPG
62.GS b.JPG
62.GS c.JPG
62.GS e.JPG

AutoSeeds' Chemdog is from my younger group -- now at 53 days and just 22". But she has been a strong and healthy plant, and will probably come in 2nd as regards production. Take a look:

53.CD b.JPG
53.CD c.JPG
53.CD d.JPG

And finally, Sweet Seeds' Trainwreck. Barely 18" and with less bushiness than the older but same height GS Cookie, the Trainwreck has been my little laggard. But there's some good bud development, so I'm happy with the showing:

53.TW b.JPG
53.TW d.JPG

Thanks for everyone's help so far. This has been a fun journey.

I like the fact you raised the other plants ;) plus they all look REAL health mate! Just take a few leaves a day until your happy! Mabey just leave the bottom. Your amare should penetrate to the lower sites. Mabey open the space in between the plants by moving the pots??? Get some floor lighting? Then there would be no need for lollipopping. Plus more devolped buds down below. Just my thoughts buddy.

All the best!
PS loving the OG kush!!

I like the fact you raised the other plants ;) plus they all look REAL health mate! Just take a few leaves a day until your happy! Mabey just leave the bottom. Your amare should penetrate to the lower sites. Mabey open the space in between the plants by moving the pots??? Get some floor lighting? Then there would be no need for lollipopping. Plus more devolped buds down below. Just my thoughts buddy.

All the best!
PS loving the OG kush!!
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, Kief. Much appreciated.

All the best!
PS loving the OG kush!!
Floor lighting you say? never heard of that before. never even thought about it to be honest. im just relentlessly hacking off anything and everything in my way. (like well over a hundred leaves a week between 2 plants + about 12 colas all in) had never thought of trying to improve the lower plant. you could be onto a winner there mate im gonna have to look into that one. : )

Update: Day 65 for Humboldt's OG. Kush & FastBuds' GS Cookies /// Day 56 for Sweet Seeds' Trainwreck & Auto Seeds' Chemdog

Yesterday fed everyone nutes at 2 ml/L each of AN Sensi Coco Bloom , AN BigBud, AN Overdrive, & General Organics CaMg+. Fed to run-off, approx. 12 liters total.
Today everyone got just over a liter of ReCharge and Mammouth-P.

This is my first application of Mammouth-P. I'll probably use it daily for the rest of the grow.

At the moment I'm very concerned about too much humidity and risk of PM or bud rot. For a while I was getting about RH at about 50%, but suddenly in the past 3 days it's jumped up closer to 60%. I've tried multiple adjustments, but so far, to no avail. First I increased the velocity of both my intact and extract fans - from low to medium. No change. Then I turned off the intact fan and opened some ports -- basically to get a strong negative pressure in the tent. No change in RH. Today I put back a small dehumidifier - its Peltier technology. It did nothing when I bought it a couple of weeks ago, but the RH was more around 45% at that time. Maybe it will do something now. Today I also boosted my tower circulating fan from lowest to highest velocity --- if I can't lower the RH then at least I can create enough interior turbulence to hopefully discourage any naughty growth.

QUESTIONS: is a jump in RH to be expected at this stage of the cycle? Any other suggestions for getting this lower?

Here's a view of the family:
65.Tent a.JPG
65.Tent b.JPG

As for bud development. As best I can tell, all trichomes are still clear. Pistils on the Chemdog and GS Cookie are a bit amber. From youngest to oldest, here's a quick view of everyone's development:

56.CD bud a.JPG
56.CD bud b.JPG

56.TW bud a.JPG
56.TW bud b.JPG

65.GS bud a.JPG
65.GS bud b.JPG

65.OG bud a.JPG
65.OG bud b.JPG

I'm getting a macro lens for my iPhone - supposed to arrive tomorrow. So soon I hope to post better pictures of the buds.

Cheers... and happy growing to all.

Plants are looking real good, it's about now when I start to get worried about humidity too. It always happens once your plants getting nice and big they transpire more than they raise the humidity in your tent or room or whatever you have. I live in a climate where it's just starting to get really dry outside so thankful I'm not going to have a problem with that the rest of Summer.

Lots of guys successfully flower in 60% humidity, matter fact I think most of the guys in the UK probably grow that way at one time or another. It's just a matter of keeping that air movement like you're talking about and I would do some defoliation. Especially since you have those leafy style buds that collect a lot of sun on their own I would start removing some of those bigger fans and let things spread out of to get more air movement.

Current Diaries

Jingo grows zambeza white widow and supper silver haze

Jingo does Remo nutes, Dinafem white cheese and portal kracken.

Jingo grows Dinafem White Cheese, lumigrow pro 325, gh and remo nutes

Jingo'scontinuous cbd grow, lumigrow pro LED, GH nutrients in coco, with test results.

Update: Day 65 for Humboldt's OG. Kush & FastBuds' GS Cookies /// Day 56 for Sweet Seeds' Trainwreck & Auto Seeds' Chemdog

Yesterday fed everyone nutes at 2 ml/L each of AN Sensi Coco Bloom , AN BigBud, AN Overdrive, & General Organics CaMg+. Fed to run-off, approx. 12 liters total.
Today everyone got just over a liter of ReCharge and Mammouth-P.

This is my first application of Mammouth-P. I'll probably use it daily for the rest of the grow.

At the moment I'm very concerned about too much humidity and risk of PM or bud rot. For a while I was getting about RH at about 50%, but suddenly in the past 3 days it's jumped up closer to 60%. I've tried multiple adjustments, but so far, to no avail. First I increased the velocity of both my intact and extract fans - from low to medium. No change. Then I turned off the intact fan and opened some ports -- basically to get a strong negative pressure in the tent. No change in RH. Today I put back a small dehumidifier - its Peltier technology. It did nothing when I bought it a couple of weeks ago, but the RH was more around 45% at that time. Maybe it will do something now. Today I also boosted my tower circulating fan from lowest to highest velocity --- if I can't lower the RH then at least I can create enough interior turbulence to hopefully discourage any naughty growth.

QUESTIONS: is a jump in RH to be expected at this stage of the cycle? Any other suggestions for getting this lower?

Here's a view of the family:
View attachment 742001 View attachment 742002

As for bud development. As best I can tell, all trichomes are still clear. Pistils on the Chemdog and GS Cookie are a bit amber. From youngest to oldest, here's a quick view of everyone's development:

View attachment 742008 View attachment 742009

View attachment 742010 View attachment 742011

View attachment 742012 View attachment 742013

View attachment 742014 View attachment 742015

I'm getting a macro lens for my iPhone - supposed to arrive tomorrow. So soon I hope to post better pictures of the buds.

Cheers... and happy growing to all.
they look great any chance you can get your hands on a dehumidifier? that will help so much keeping your humidity right where you want it.:pass:

Back