New Grower 1st grow; Amare SolarEclipse 450, Advanced Nutes, Coco

t
Update: Day 42 for Sweet Seeds' Trainwreck
GSC Trainwreck was always been a sickly girl relative to nutrient balance. She seems more sensitive than the others. She is the smallest at 17 inches, but continues to add about a half inch every couple of days.
View attachment 734357 View attachment 734358 View attachment 734359 View attachment 734360

Comments & Suggestions always welcomed. Cheers all.
those rust spots look like over transpiration to me mate. ive had a few issues with it. when my lights get too close or i forget to raise the fan. i found keeping lights slightly higher than recommended and having a side fan 6 or so inches above the canopy, facing slightly upwards so that its not blowing on the leaves stops it. blowing it right onto the canopy causes similar issues with burns. your calmag dose sounds massive aswell. is 3ml/L what it says on the bottle? cal/mag def can appear similar appearence but would also have yellow leaves with green veins and be more focused on the fresh growth.

Hi @EvilScotsman , thanks for the input -- these could all be factors. "Over transpiration" -- OMG, hadn't heard that one before. If it isn't one thing, its another; Its always something. Yes, I have a 90 degree left-right oscillating tower fan that gently caresses the groom. The tower covers a height from about 10- 35" above the floor -- so that pretty much hits everything.

I have to keep raising my lights a few clicks each day. Keeping it at 24" above the tallest point of the tallest plant --- which means that the light is a good 30-35 inches above the smaller plants.

And as for the calmag, yeh I know that's a pretty high dosage. But I've only just recently raised it to that level in response to other AFNers citing deficiency in this area. I've actually been getting these spots for many weeks and have been slowly working on pH and calmag adjustments. The light (Amare SolarEclipse 450) is real kick-ass, and known to increase calmag requirements.

I'll keep an eye on all these factors -- and expect to continue making adjustments in response to the plants' behavior and suggestions from all of you. Cheers, mate.

Hi @EvilScotsman , thanks for the input -- these could all be factors. "Over transpiration" -- OMG, hadn't heard that one before. If it isn't one thing, its another; Its always something. Yes, I have a 90 degree left-right oscillating tower fan that gently caresses the groom. The tower covers a height from about 10- 35" above the floor -- so that pretty much hits everything.

I have to keep raising my lights a few clicks each day. Keeping it at 24" above the tallest point of the tallest plant --- which means that the light is a good 30-35 inches above the smaller plants.

And as for the calmag, yeh I know that's a pretty high dosage. But I've only just recently raised it to that level in response to other AFNers citing deficiency in this area. I've actually been getting these spots for many weeks and have been slowly working on pH and calmag adjustments. The light (Amare SolarEclipse 450) is real kick-ass, and known to increase calmag requirements.

I'll keep an eye on all these factors -- and expect to continue making adjustments in response to the plants' behavior and suggestions from all of you. Cheers, mate.
im at work and very tired so cant tell if that was sarcasm lol. thats a beast of a light youve got tho mate. spent a lot of time looking and got my eyes on one for in a few months time. id love to just be able to raise mine a few clicks. ive gotta bear grills it with cable ties twice a week lol. ive had just about everything that can go wrong, go wrong. its frustrating trying to figure it all out but theres only one way to learn eh. keep it green amigo : )

Hey @EvilScotsman, no sarcasm intended. As a noob on his 1st grow, to me everything is a mystery, a variable, or a roll of the dice. And I am rarely sure if my actions or interventions are helping or hurting. But like you say, if you don't get engaged you don't learn. Sorry to hear that you've had such trials and tribulations yourself. We'll persevere, eh.

I don't know where I've been, your plants is really come along great. Looks like you're going to have yourself a nice Harvest.

Yeah I never heard over transpiration either. I always just said the wind was blowing too hard. Then somebody would ask me what do you mean by the wind I say the fan is blowing too hard on the plant.

Current Diaries
Jingo grows zambeza white widow and supper silver haze
Jingo does Remo nutes, Dinafem white cheese and portal kracken.
Jingo grows Dinafem White Cheese, lumigrow pro 325, gh and remo nutes

Jingo's continuous cbd grow, lumigrow pro LED, GH nutrients in coco, with test results.

I don't know where I've been, your plants is really come along great. Looks like you're going to have yourself a nice Harvest.

Yeah I never heard over transpiration either. I always just said the wind was blowing too hard. Then somebody would ask me what do you mean by the wind I say the fan is blowing too hard on the plant..

No worries man, you've been around. Gave me nute advice early last week, It just that it's been a while since I've posted pictures, and in the meantime I've been evolving the groom and playing with the nute and supplement mixes. And getting lots of use from my BlueLabs pH pen, lol.

Yes, I do think that there may be some harvesting in the near future. So I'm curious, but not too worried about some leaf discoloration -- except that I'd like to learn to recognize what its telling me. I look at the various photo threads for identifying and diagnosing excess & deficiency -- and, to be honest, many look VERY VERY similar to me. I feel like the hypochondriac who learns of a symptom and immediately is sure he has that disease.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this bloom phase and watching buds develop.

Yeah I never heard over transpiration either. I always just said the wind was blowing too hard. Then somebody would ask me what do you mean by the wind I say the fan is blowing too hard on the plant.

Current Diaries
Jingo grows zambeza white widow and supper silver haze
Jingo does Remo nutes, Dinafem white cheese and portal kracken.
Jingo grows Dinafem White Cheese, lumigrow pro 325, gh and remo nutes

Jingo's continuous cbd grow, lumigrow pro LED, GH nutrients in coco, with test results.
yeah ive seen it being called a few things. wind burn or light burn mostly . couldnt decide who to listen to so spent hours one night on google. without the boring shit its basically just heat, light and/or wind making the plant overly sweaty. as far as i can tell anyway.

@Waira may be able to more accurately diagnose the cal mag issue .lets see what he thinks:doc3::doc:
Update: Day 51 for Fastbud's Girl Scout Cookie
GSC has not been a fast grower (only 17.5 inches) but remains fairly bushy with lots of bud sites. I've been more gentle with the LST after breaking one of her main tops early on in life. Notice the leaf spotting that continues to appear. CalMag deficiency?? Any opinions ??
View attachment 734342 View attachment 734343 View attachment 734344 View attachment 734345 View attachment 734346 View attachment 734347

Update: Day 42 for Sweet Seeds' Trainwreck
GSC Trainwreck was always been a sickly girl relative to nutrient balance. She seems more sensitive than the others. She is the smallest at 17 inches, but continues to add about a half inch every couple of days.
View attachment 734357 View attachment 734358 View attachment 734359 View attachment 734360

Comments & Suggestions always welcomed. Cheers all.
Update: Day 42 for AutoSeeds' Chemdog
I think Chemdog is my favorite of the grow. Although in the younger group (42 days) she is the third tallest at 20". Her bud development is plentiful and robust. But of course there is some leaf spotting still going on towards the bottom. View attachment 734376
View attachment 734367 View attachment 734368 View attachment 734369 View attachment 734370

Absolutely amazing man, you have come a long way!! It can only go up from here!!

Update: Day 51 for Humboldt's OG. Kush & FastBuds' GS Cookies /// Day 42 for Sweet Seeds' Trainwreck & Auto Seeds' Chemdog

It's been a little over a week since the last full update, so first some general comments about changes in the groom and feeding schedules. Then separate posts with photos and comments specific to each of the 4 plants.

Using a heat bulb on temp controller and fans, I've got temperatures and RH in pretty good check. Temps 72-78F (22-26C) consistently. RH 45-60. As the plants are now solidly in bloom phase, I want to keep RH below 50 and ensure lots of air circulation and exchanges --- hoping to avoid any mold or rot.

So, I got a matching 2nd Max Pro Can fan which is pumping in fresh air; previously I had no intake fan, just passive intake. Intake and exhaust fans are now running full time, 24/7. There's also a pretty noticeable smell beginning to pervade the house. Since the exhaust fan pushes its air outside thru a window, I'm hoping that the 24/7 will largely solve the odor. If not, then I'll probably add a carbon filter and maybe an ozone device for the room that the tent is in.

Yesterday I added a small dehumidifier in the groom. That's my strategy for keeping RH in better check.

Last week I got some ReCharge. I've been feeding 1 liter to each plant on the off-days when they're not being fed nutrients. I tell myself that it helps, but hell if I know.

I've been transitioning my AN nutes from Groom to Bloom, and checking pH each time. Generally, using baking soda, I have to raise the pH a couple of tenths. Its typically 5.3-5.6 before adjustment, typically 6.0 after I get done adjusting. I'm always feeding until noticeable run-off, then a few minutes later vacuuming up the run-off.

I've also been increasing the calmag, and am currently mixing at the ratio of 3 ml per liter. It took a while, but I finally found a bottle of General Organics CaMg+ with the old formulation of 0-0-0. (Beware, those of you who care, CaMG+ has been reformulated, probably around the end of last year, and is now shipping with 1-0-0. Unfortunately almost ALL of the websites where you can order CaMg+ are still showing pictures/descriptions saying that its 0-0-0. To find old inventory you have to locate a retail outlet that still has some in stock. At least that's the situation in USA, I don't know about elsewhere.)

Here is the mix that was delivered yesterday:
3 ml/L GO CaMg+
.75 ml/L AN Sensi Coco Bloom A&B
.25 ml/L AN Sensi Coco Grow A&B
.625 ml/L AN B52
.5 ml/L AB BidBud

On the next feeding I will ween out the Grow nutes completely and begin increasing the Bloom nutes until I think I see some leaf tip burn.
Now for some picture posts.
I don't know bout CaMg+ ..but 3ml/liter seemd really high bro.. I'm using calimagic - 1-0-0 and I do 0.5ml/liter all throughtout so far

Back