New Grower 1st grow; Amare SolarEclipse 450, Advanced Nutes, Coco

No just LED but coco and cal/mag are essential! Glad your back on track in moving forward mate! All the best!
Thanks, man. Yeh, I'm getting pretty excited now that flowers are starting to show on everyone.

Hi Mini, thanks for sharing your approach. No question that CalMag is critical, especially for LED users. It's just getting it dialed in right that has been a bit tricky for me.

I think ultimately my problem was not checking the pH of my solution -- which for a while was 5.3. Now that I do check, and adjust it closer to 6, I think I seem to be doing better.
No problem bruv..us guys gotta look out 4 each other :pass: Cheers..:chimp:

it takes some time for the def to cease...:pass:
thats some amount of calmag mate. ive been using 0.5ml/L all the way so far had no issues you sure thats what your problem is? yellow spots can be a couple of things. heres a good trouble shooter i found. covers pretty much everything
http://www.growell.co.uk/blog/2011/04/talking-to-your-plants-part-1-body-language. subbed up aswell man. im only on my second grow and doing hydro so wont be too much use to you. but ill help along any way i can : ) looking good tho man keep it up.

Update: Day 51 for Humboldt's OG. Kush & FastBuds' GS Cookies /// Day 42 for Sweet Seeds' Trainwreck & Auto Seeds' Chemdog

It's been a little over a week since the last full update, so first some general comments about changes in the groom and feeding schedules. Then separate posts with photos and comments specific to each of the 4 plants.

Using a heat bulb on temp controller and fans, I've got temperatures and RH in pretty good check. Temps 72-78F (22-26C) consistently. RH 45-60. As the plants are now solidly in bloom phase, I want to keep RH below 50 and ensure lots of air circulation and exchanges --- hoping to avoid any mold or rot.

So, I got a matching 2nd Max Pro Can fan which is pumping in fresh air; previously I had no intake fan, just passive intake. Intake and exhaust fans are now running full time, 24/7. There's also a pretty noticeable smell beginning to pervade the house. Since the exhaust fan pushes its air outside thru a window, I'm hoping that the 24/7 will largely solve the odor. If not, then I'll probably add a carbon filter and maybe an ozone device for the room that the tent is in.

Yesterday I added a small dehumidifier in the groom. That's my strategy for keeping RH in better check.

Last week I got some ReCharge. I've been feeding 1 liter to each plant on the off-days when they're not being fed nutrients. I tell myself that it helps, but hell if I know.

I've been transitioning my AN nutes from Groom to Bloom, and checking pH each time. Generally, using baking soda, I have to raise the pH a couple of tenths. Its typically 5.3-5.6 before adjustment, typically 6.0 after I get done adjusting. I'm always feeding until noticeable run-off, then a few minutes later vacuuming up the run-off.

I've also been increasing the calmag, and am currently mixing at the ratio of 3 ml per liter. It took a while, but I finally found a bottle of General Organics CaMg+ with the old formulation of 0-0-0. (Beware, those of you who care, CaMG+ has been reformulated, probably around the end of last year, and is now shipping with 1-0-0. Unfortunately almost ALL of the websites where you can order CaMg+ are still showing pictures/descriptions saying that its 0-0-0. To find old inventory you have to locate a retail outlet that still has some in stock. At least that's the situation in USA, I don't know about elsewhere.)

Here is the mix that was delivered yesterday:
3 ml/L GO CaMg+
.75 ml/L AN Sensi Coco Bloom A&B
.25 ml/L AN Sensi Coco Grow A&B
.625 ml/L AN B52
.5 ml/L AB BidBud

On the next feeding I will ween out the Grow nutes completely and begin increasing the Bloom nutes until I think I see some leaf tip burn.
Now for some picture posts.

Update: Day 51 for Humboldt's OG. Kush
This girl has been a real surprise. She started life quite deformed -- my little ugly ducking. But she's become the monster in the tent. She's 28 inches, 8" taller than any of the others, and continuing to add about 1.5 inches per day. I did a lot of aggressive LST, which I think helped give her a better shape. She's got a couple of dozen bud sites developing. Lately, I've stopped the LST to get a better idea of what her real growth rate is, and when she'll stop stretching. The leaves look great except for a couple of older ones on the bottom -- see photo.
51.OG a.JPG
51.OG b.JPG
51.OG c.JPG
51.OG d.JPG
51.OG g.JPG
51.OG h.JPG

Update: Day 51 for Fastbud's Girl Scout Cookie
GSC has not been a fast grower (only 17.5 inches) but remains fairly bushy with lots of bud sites. I've been more gentle with the LST after breaking one of her main tops early on in life. Notice the leaf spotting that continues to appear. CalMag deficiency?? Any opinions ??
51.GS b.JPG
51.GS c.JPG
51.GS d.JPG
51.GS e.JPG
51.GS f.JPG
51.GS g.JPG

Update: Day 42 for Sweet Seeds' Trainwreck
GSC Trainwreck was always been a sickly girl relative to nutrient balance. She seems more sensitive than the others. She is the smallest at 17 inches, but continues to add about a half inch every couple of days.
42.TW a.JPG
42.TW b.JPG
42.TW c.JPG
42.TW d.JPG

Comments & Suggestions always welcomed. Cheers all.

Update: Day 42 for AutoSeeds' Chemdog
I think Chemdog is my favorite of the grow. Although in the younger group (42 days) she is the third tallest at 20". Her bud development is plentiful and robust. But of course there is some leaf spotting still going on towards the bottom.
42.CD f.jpg

42.CD a.JPG
42.CD b.JPG
42.CD c.JPG
42.CD d.JPG

Back