Bill's Fungi Fun

Getting bigger but still the only ones on this block.
IMG20240119095234.jpg

Looking like a side growth on the other though nothing up top
IMG20240119095246.jpg

Thanks @JP1
Kinda like I'm Gona do it lol.
Did you keep them in the bags during colonization and open them up to fruit.
The reason I'm Gona do it in a tub is because I'm not in the most sterile environment and figured be best to keep them in the bags in the the tub,
Mix up the mycelium when there plenty.
Then cut slits when pins start appearing, and eventually cut the bags just above substrate level.

I'm worried about air exchange cos the substrate will be in 2 containers and don't think the holes in the tub with polytape would be enough,
should I attach a pc fan on a timer or an air pump. Lol

Thanks @JP1
Kinda like I'm Gona do it lol.
Did you keep them in the bags during colonization and open them up to fruit.
The reason I'm Gona do it in a tub is because I'm not in the most sterile environment and figured be best to keep them in the bags in the the tub,
Mix up the mycelium when there plenty.
Then cut slits when pins start appearing, and eventually cut the bags just above substrate level.

I'm worried about air exchange cos the substrate will be in 2 containers and don't think the holes in the tub with polytape would be enough,
should I attach a pc fan on a timer or an air pump. Lol
Stayed in bags till fully colonized, then I made the tubs, cut just above the substrate all the way around and misted in the morning when needed. I popped the top and fanned the tub morning, afternoon and evening. After first flush done on the topside, I removed the rubber bands and gently turned the blocks over in the bags then put rubber bands back on. Noticed this morning I got them growing below the rubber bands on one bag so thinking I'm just gonna un bag them and let em sit in there.....So far all white with no signs on contamination.

Stayed in bags till fully colonized, then I made the tubs, cut just above the substrate all the way around and misted in the morning when needed. I popped the top and fanned the tub morning, afternoon and evening. After first flush done on the topside, I removed the rubber bands and gently turned the blocks over in the bags then put rubber bands back on. Noticed this morning I got them growing below the rubber bands on one bag so thinking I'm just gonna un bag them and let em sit in there.....So far all white with no signs on contamination.
Nice thread @Bill.de.Cat
Will definitely help me on my next adventure
Im getting my stuff together and Gona get started soon, orded this stuff so far.
Is there anything else that I may need.
Screenshot_20240209_224026.jpg
Screenshot_20240209_224559.jpg
Screenshot_20240209_224426.jpg

Back