Bill's Fungi Fun

Bill.de.Cat

Retired to watch the Buds Fatten up.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Yes
So, started ordering stuff, finally got it all pulled together. Had a few small problems but it's done. Injected 3 all in one bags after innoculating an agar plate on the 19th. Nothing showing in the bags yet but we got white fuzzies and no mean greenies in the plate.
IMG20231123165753.jpg

So this is Ecuadoran Cubensis. Got B+ and Golden Teachers to do at the end of the month and will post updates as they happen.

And we have the bags starting to spread.
IMG20231128091801.jpg

And more spread in the agar plate.
IMG20231128091931.jpg
IMG20231128091855.jpg

One pic from bottom then the top because it had some condensation. So far no contams showing so should be good to go on starting LC from the agar.
Got a couple more days before I check the other bags for contamination, then we can do the B+ and the Teachers.

So...on further urging from the wife. I ordered up a few table top grow kits. Blue and Pink oysters, Lions Mane and Shiitake. Good deal, cause I got the Shiitake for free with free shipping, so 90 bucks in all. Wife's happy and I can do cloning on them for plates for buckets in the spring.

Had nice patches of mycelium in 2 of the bags so did a little push and spread on them to try to speed up colonization. Not an actual break n shake yet. The 3rd bag that I got from that company I had trouble with is showing absolutely nothing. No mycelium or contamination so if it still looks OK after I get batches of LC made up in a month or two I'll probably try innoculating it again.

Contamination
One of the agar plates showed some baddies feeding on the nutrients. Still factory sealed, so pulled another out to warm up last night.
IMG20231202080457.jpg

Gonna put me a little behind on starting the next batch but better safe than sorry.
Pretty lil flower pattern though.

So instead of waiting any longer I decided to go ahead. Did 2 plates and 1 bag of each since I'm working with spore mix. Bit over 10cc per bag so hopefully we'll get fast colonisation.
IMG20231202120406.jpg

Doesn't take much to create as sterile of an environment as you can. Working in a small bathroom I can just spray the hell out of with 70% alcohol after closing the door and set up a small still air box on a stool in the shower pan. Everything get sprayed like crazy.

Back