I used to jar mine early thinking that the extra moisture (it was still pretty dry roughly 65%) would help retain the smell.

But since I got the heads up from pop22 via wile, I always dry to 55-58% and then jar em up.

They seem over dry and lose all scent, but within 1-2 weeks they really start getting that sweet/sour pungent whiff back.

I find growing to be the easy part, getting decent smoke used to be an epic.

But you lot have been doing it far longer than I, so I'm sure you've all got the methods nailed down.

Fucking heartbreaking my first few harvests, grew perfectly but my local dealers gear was far nicer smell/smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha my first real harvest got 4+ zips off a auto mazar tasted like crap... Smhhhh a few grows later things are getting better still trying to dial things in as far as drying and curing to get the best smell and taste possible... Worst feeling is to have a bunch of top quality should be bud but taste and smell like hay[emoji44] [emoji44] [emoji44]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I used to jar mine early thinking that the extra moisture (it was still pretty dry roughly 65%) would help retain the smell.

But since I got the heads up from pop22 via wile, I always dry to 55-58% and then jar em up.

They seem over dry and lose all scent, but within 1-2 weeks they really start getting that sweet/sour pungent whiff back.

I find growing to be the easy part, getting decent smoke used to be an epic.

But you lot have been doing it far longer than I, so I'm sure you've all got the methods nailed down.

Fucking heartbreaking my first few harvests, grew perfectly but my local dealers gear was far nicer smell/smoke.

I think that's how sang dries his the only other thing I do is when the buds get to around 58% I put it all in a 5 gallon bucket (smell proof) just to even out the moisture then after a day or two into jars remember my first harvest tasted of hay still smoked the fecker though [emoji106]

Amused ourselves to death

I think that's how sang dries his the only other thing I do is when the buds get to around 58% I put it all in a 5 gallon bucket (smell proof) just to even out the moisture then after a day or two into jars remember my first harvest tasted of hay still smoked the fecker though [emoji106]

Ahh might have been Sang who gave me a clue then.

You've both helped me so much, I forget these things.

Yeah of course all my stuff still gets burnt, I just prefer if somethings taken me 3 months of effort to cultivate, that I get premium tasting draw out of it at the end.

Good to know trip gonna order tonight after work and get them Germed end of the week or beginning of next [emoji106]

you will like it, she likes her nutes and ran flawlessly... if i remember correctly mine was about 130 grams and i was only growing for 2 months when i grew her out! so in your hands im sure they will be beasts!

only took the one nug shot I'm leaving more leaves on this time see if I can get the cure better :shrug:(almost sounds like I know what I'm doin)
RmVVL0A.jpg
nice bud wile! and i think letting some sugar leaf on the buds helps protect the trichs and terps!

Smoked that shit lik it was nobody's business lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Ok so I haven't popped in for a couple of weeks and I had to catch up on 20+ pages. Sorry for the like bombs lads. The purp buds looked like some buds that I put in a coffee tin and buried out in the yard for about 6 months. After I dug it up the buds looked black just like the purp buds. Smelled and tasted like shit though. The buzz wasn't too bad if you could get past the smell and taste. I ended up giving it away - it was just too nasty. Hope the purps are doing you right. Many thanks for the tip on the rh meter, I've got about 20 that I need to test. Know what you mean about never enough beans. I've at least 50 and have a Mephisto cart loaded up and working a DinaFem cart now.

Ok so I haven't popped in for a couple of weeks and I had to catch up on 20+ pages. Sorry for the like bombs lads. The purp buds looked like some buds that I put in a coffee tin and buried out in the yard for about 6 months. After I dug it up the buds looked black just like the purp buds. Smelled and tasted like shit though. The buzz wasn't too bad if you could get past the smell and taste. I ended up giving it away - it was just too nasty. Hope the purps are doing you right. Many thanks for the tip on the rh meter, I've got about 20 that I need to test. Know what you mean about never enough beans. I've at least 50 and have a Mephisto cart loaded up and working a DinaFem cart now.
The purps is nice enough smoke gets better with age (don't we all) but it won't be soon before I'm out of purps and hogging the Critical Jack [emoji23] my orders going in tonight got baked last night and forgot don't forget ducks pm dinafem mark for your 10% off [emoji106]

Back