Fast Buds Who can give me a few tips on getting Fastbuds seeds to germinate

It's possible that you got duds, but if I were in your shoes I would try some of the remaining seeds at >80F. This strain may just be unusually fussy about temperature.
24 more hours with seeds in paper towels between plates with a seedling pad underneath. So far nothing. Never had to soak seeds more than three days to get them to pop. These Skunk seeds are doing nothing at all. Been five days total.

24 more hours with seeds in paper towels between plates with a seedling pad underneath. So far nothing. Never had to soak seeds more than three days to get them to pop. These Skunk seeds are doing nothing at all. Been five days total.
Well, if none of them pop even on a heat pad, they are duds. Sorry to hear that.

Perhaps you got stuck with old stock or stuff that was stored incorrectly by the vendor. Do growers who order direct from the breeder (if that is possible) also have excessive germination failures? If not, I would just stay away from the vendor completely in future. If so, stay away from the breeder. In any case, these things are ridiculously expensive, so I feel for you having paid for that many duds.

Well, if none of them pop even on a heat pad, they are duds. Sorry to hear that.

Perhaps you got stuck with old stock or stuff that was stored incorrectly by the vendor. Do growers who order direct from the breeder (if that is possible) also have excessive germination failures? If not, I would just stay away from the vendor completely in future. If so, stay away from the breeder. In any case, these things are ridiculously expensive, so I feel for you having paid for that many duds.
As far as I know, Fastbuds does not do direct sales to consumers in the US. I'm in a legal state, bought through a dispensary Seed Cellar in the state. Received by purchasing online since they only do online sales during the state lockdown. I assume this is new stock since it is in Fastbuds new packaging with the scratch off verification numbers.

Never had an issue with six previous Fastbuds seeds bought from HDSC but they are out of all Fastbuds seeds.

As far as I know, Fastbuds does not do direct sales to consumers in the US. I'm in a legal state, bought through a dispensary Seed Cellar in the state. Received by purchasing online since they only do online sales during the state lockdown. I assume this is new stock since it is in Fastbuds new packaging with the scratch off verification numbers.

Never had an issue with six previous Fastbuds seeds bought from HDSC but they are out of all Fastbuds seeds.
Well, absolute bugger that. I seems certain that you were dealing with duds, so either the vendor or wholesale shipper did something to kill them, or the breeder screwed up. Too bad no one is willing to take responsibility and replace the seeds. Not a great recommendation for either the vendor or the breeder.

If they were the correct seeds then they can’t be “old stock” as this strain is a new release.

Last edited:
If they were the correct seeds then they can’t be “old stock” as this strain is a new release.
Yeah, the recent Original line release. I also bought the Original White Widow strain. Only tried germinating one seed from that five pack and currently have that seedling growing.

I have four other Fastbud's strain breeder packs from last year that I grew plants from and six other Fastbud's breeder packs that are unopened. All the ones from last year sprouted fine and I was sold on them but if I decide to buy more seeds I will likely pick another breeder.

I have five photo plants growing outside straight in the ground currently after transplanting a couple weeks ago. Those plants are so hardy they thrive even with low nighttime temperatures. The other night I had temperatures down to 32 degrees. I threw a white sheet over one, plastic sheeting over three and hung a tarp over the fifth and all are doing fine.

I might just move on to using nothing but regular photo seeds instead of feminized auto seeds. Being in a legal state where I am allowed to grow 12 plants it makes more sense to grow a single large plant that yields about a pound and seeds are inexpensive. Local seed bank sells photo strain seeds where a breeder has photo seeds for less than two bucks each when factoring in all the free seeds they included with an order. Every seed I tried germinated and grew vigorously from one of their breeder packs.

Is there a hormone available to increase chances of germination? I thought I read about one somewhere. Possibly a growth accelerator used in cloning?

Well, if you were really unhappy with Fast buds, you can always send those other six unopened breeders packs to me? :biggrin:
Yeah, the recent Original line release. I also bought the Original White Widow strain. Only tried germinating one seed from that five pack and currently have that seedling growing.

I have four other Fastbud's strain breeder packs from last year that I grew plants from and six other Fastbud's breeder packs that are unopened. All the ones from last year sprouted fine and I was sold on them but if I decide to buy more seeds I will likely pick another breeder.

I have five photo plants growing outside straight in the ground currently after transplanting a couple weeks ago. Those plants are so hardy they thrive even with low nighttime temperatures. The other night I had temperatures down to 32 degrees. I threw a white sheet over one, plastic sheeting over three and hung a tarp over the fifth and all are doing fine.

I might just move on to using nothing but regular photo seeds instead of feminized auto seeds. Being in a legal state where I am allowed to grow 12 plants it makes more sense to grow a single large plant that yields about a pound and seeds are inexpensive. Local seed bank sells photo strain seeds where a breeder has photo seeds for less than two bucks each when factoring in all the free seeds they included with an order. Every seed I tried germinated and grew vigorously from one of their breeder packs.

I always plant auto seeds directly in their final medium, and seldom have any seeds not germ. Just use light mix soil, plant an inch below ground and water and keep moist the soil where it was planted. I leave them in a sunny location, and the sun warms the soil and the seeds sprout the most natural way. Putting them in water and so on, didn’t work as well for me. As far as Fastbuds seeds, this year got 11 seeds from Fastbuds, and all germed very quickly (2 and a half days) except Mexican Airlines. One MA seed did not germ at all and the other took like five or six days. An advantage of buying from Fastbuds is their top notch customer service. Talk with sister Heather and she will help you out.

I always plant auto seeds directly in their final medium, and seldom have any seeds not germ. Just use light mix soil, plant an inch below ground and water and keep moist the soil where it was planted. I leave them in a sunny location, and the sun warms the soil and the seeds sprout the most natural way. Putting them in water and so on, didn’t work as well for me. As far as Fastbuds seeds, this year got 11 seeds from Fastbuds, and all germed very quickly (2 and a half days) except Mexican Airlines. One MA seed did not germ at all and the other took like five or six days. An advantage of buying from Fastbuds is their top notch customer service. Talk with sister Heather and she will help you out.
Are you in the US? As far as I know it is not possible to buy direct from Fastbuds in the US.

Back