Hey @budelee question for you boss. Tried my hand at an iso extraction. Have you ever scraped the glass and it come up like a powder? Is it just because it was a thinner coat? One side I got up was sticking together, and the thinner side came up like a powder. I've got pics if need be.

Hey @budelee question for you boss. Tried my hand at an iso extraction. Have you ever scraped the glass and it come up like a powder? Is it just because it was a thinner coat? One side I got up was sticking together, and the thinner side came up like a powder. I've got pics if need be.
Hi bro... Yes, thats exactly what i think happened, when the pan gets an uneven layer, some will dry/purge more, causing the dry and oily patches.. It will still smoke good, i have documented that very thing somewhere in this thread, it can always be re-ran to try and get a consistent oil or shatter.. If you need any help/tips im always around

Hi bro... Yes, thats exactly what i think happened, when the pan gets an uneven layer, some will dry/purge more, causing the dry and oily patches.. It will still smoke good, i have documented that very thing somewhere in this thread, it can always be re-ran to try and get a consistent oil or shatter.. If you need any help/tips im always around
Thanks. Here's a pic anyways. Lol
IMG_20170722_201148.jpg

Thanks. Here's a pic anyways. LolView attachment 783461
How does it smoke ??? What you might try next time is a smaller pyrex, this will keep the layer of oil a bit thicker which will prevent the dry spots.. Did you see the tip about adding a few drops of water before the alcohol evaps, this will allow the alcohol to purge more thoroughly... Were you able to track temperatures??? The water should be around 110-120 F ( double boil right) and this will also keep the oil from drying out too much while keeping an awesome terp profile..

its fine as is if you can scrape it up with it going flying.same thing happens my iso and bho if i let sit for to long,it happens though we cant sit and watch paint dry.
the knack is to catch it just before it dries up.add 2 or 3 drops of water that helps the last lil bit of iso evap away avoiding a dry end product.but no big deal at the end of the day.
we smoke buds,dust and goey stuff,the form it takes dont really matter.it it gets you high or takes away aches its a win,if it tastes and smells nice then its win win imho.
nice job,keep er lit.
:pighug:

Back