The edible wax is done and is sitting under a pyrex, in the sun for a final purge,this oil is nice amber/golden clear, i'll try and get a better shotView attachment 769415View attachment 769414 the longer and hotter it is purged, the more it will turn to shatter. Shatter can be a pain to work with sometimes, so i shoot for a thick wax just before the shatter stage
I think you may have inspired my inner shatter monster. Something about extracts in the Sun. Great stuff

Ohhh nice.. Once you have a setup, a pull takes about 90 minutes, longer if you want shatter.. This is low cost, low tech, safety is the big thing, alcohol will evaporate naturally, it just takes longer, and the settling fumes/explosion is where the dangers of home extracting are..
So with this method am I less likely to burn down the neighborhood?

I think you may have inspired my inner shatter monster. Something about extracts in the Sun. Great stuff
piece of cake,low tech low dollar

Once I'll have that setup i'll do, promised!
Go back to page 1 and 2, i cover all the materials, most you probably already have
So with this method am I less likely to burn down the neighborhood?
its less likely but still possible,, safety is always first priority....

Of course the day i wanna sun purge, it clouds up and rains.. I brought my pans in and finished them on the stovetop, just enough heat( think 48.9C or 120F) to lay it down nice and even... My party is about to start
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
The pan to the left is live extract.. Right is the edible( still smokable) stuff.. The bottom is the QWISO and it dont look to bad( surprisingly)!!!

piece of cake,low tech low dollar

Go back to page 1 and 2, i cover all the materials, most you probably already have
its less likely but still possible,, safety is always first priority....

Of course the day i wanna sun purge, it clouds up and rains.. I brought my pans in and finished them on the stovetop, just enough heat( think 48.9C or 120F) to lay it down nice and even... My party is about to startView attachment 769502 View attachment 769503
View attachment 769504The pan to the left is live extract.. Right is the edible( still smokable) stuff.. The bottom is the QWISO and it font look to bad( surprisingly)!!!
This is some fine looking extracts , what kinda yields are you pulling from this method 10% or more ?

Does it leave an alcoholic type scent or taste when smoked or eaten ?

This is some fine looking extracts , what kinda yields are you pulling from this method 10% or more ?

Does it leave an alcoholic type scent or taste when smoked or eaten ?
Thank You.. I never weigh anything anymore.. I can get a weight on the finals tho.. Hol on... If its not purged all the way it can smell/taste a bit like alcohol. Once its in the final silicon, hitting it with a bit more purge is a piece of cake.. During the process, the last of the liquid alcohol can visibly be seen "flashin" off the pan, then you will smell the pure oil scent, at this point itcan be left to purge to a shatter or scraped into a smaller dish, or even smoked/eaten.. I choose to scrape it as a thick oil/paste because when i take it to shatter and scrape it with the razor, it shoots everywhere, and i do mean everywhere..

Thank You.. I never weigh anything anymore.. I can get a weight on the finals tho.. Hol on... If its not purged all the way it can smell/taste a bit like alcohol. Once its in the final silicon, hitting it with a bit more purge is a piece of cake.. During the process, the last of the liquid alcohol can visibly be seen "flashin" off the pan, then you will smell the pure oil scent, at this point itcan be left to purge to a shatter or scraped into a smaller dish, or even smoked/eaten.. I choose to scrape it as a thick oil/paste because when i take it to shatter and scrape it with the razor, it shoots everywhere, and i do mean everywhere..
My trick.
I wash my bho when I feel like it auto buttered and got the tane lock.

I know. Purge a solvent wax with another solvent. Sounds toxic.

What I like to do. Cuz I'm impatient as fuck. Unless I be fishing or gardening.

Oven.
Lowest possible temp. "150-170" °f
15-20 tops. Checking often.

Whip it a bit before it cools to add a little air.
And scrape it warm.
Helps keep from full shatter. Can even whip it back to butter. Or the dry clay like substance. Which still kinda sucks to dab with A dabber stick.

Anyway. To get the shatter up easy. Warm n scrape. Long story short lol.

Back