Hey @Ash-a-Ton .. I got to thinking about what u said about the iso supply in your area. We have had that discussiin earlier in this thread and a few places ti check for some 99% are, construction supply marts like White Cap.. Some electronics specialty stores have some 99%. I also mention the tip/trick of purifying iso further using salt, @archie gemmill shared that info and a really good video that shows just how easy it is to purify to a higher%..you are right tho, the flavor of iso is different than other extract methods...

ask behind the counter of a chemists/pharmacy.i got some in a chemists when i was about 12.a good excuse...its to clean my scallextrix track/clean the interconnects on a hi end hi-fi system.
buying local is great and all that,but when you drive round for 2 hours calling into 10 shops and still come home empty handed.ebay has everything,if you in no rush get it sent to your door.
can get 70% iso in hardwear stores but thats only fit for steeping dried up paintbrushes.
if i remember 1L of 99% iso £9 or 5L for £20
i cant get a tin of gas to fill a lighter local no more,was a time every single petrol station in the country had a tin of gas.thats another thing im forced to use ebay for.
good luck.
:pighug:

Ahhh yes another great point, everything nowadays is available online, and with just a bit of wait time you can get the best iso you can afford, its pretty cheap in the US anyway, a gallon/approx 4 litres is only about 32$US.. Comparatively speaking, i pay about 40$ for 1/2 gallon for Everclear

Time for another update... The other week, i had an edible that put me into the next day.. It was 2.5 grams decarbed then eaten with coconut oil and lecithin, i chased it with ice cream for the fat content.. I wanna get that high again!!!! this time i have an edible and a smokeable extract.. Lets get into it
image.jpeg
the bag to the right has been decarbed and will be the edible.. The other two are fresh cut, flash frozen for a "live extract", this stuff is terpy!!!
image.jpeg
the decarbed liquid
image.jpeg
the "live extract" liquid.. I did run the alcohol twice.. This allowed me to wash more bud with the same amount of 190, i never run bud twice, but today as a refresher, i am going to second wash the bud with 91% iso just to show whats still in the material, it can be pushed a 3rd time and there will still be oil in it, but the more it is worked, the lower the quality...
image.jpeg
half of the material was loaded into the quart, rinsed and filtered, its now waiting its turn on the hotplate, it is on the picnic table for now ..... @Ash-a-Ton @wwwillie @Micron Creek @iWumbo @Green75 @archie gemmill @Dudeski @Starbreaker @mohawk warrior @Frankthetank

The edible wax is done and is sitting under a pyrex, in the sun for a final purge,this oil is nice amber/golden clear, i'll try and get a better shot
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
the longer and hotter it is purged, the more it will turn to shatter. Shatter can be a pain to work with sometimes, so i shoot for a thick wax just before the shatter stage

how long was the wash,and do you shake much ?
when you say 2.5g edible was that starting material/bud or the wax ?
:pighug:
Woot woot.. On the edible.. It was 2.5 finished.. It was an eth wax rolled in kief. I didnt smoke it so i rewashed it, decarbed it, then ate it... On the stuff im working today, i soaker and washed immediately, the shake is for about one minute but i went real aggressive, i dont mind losing some, sometimes..all this time off work has really killed my tolerance!!

Back