When to use mosquito dunks?

Thanks so much to everyone for replying, can only post on my mobile at mo so only just checked my notifications. And yes regarding the neem, I didn't think I could use it in flower so sooooo glad I checked here first. You're all the best :worship: when I was starting my second photo grow last year I decided to re-use the soil from the first just completed and got such a serious infestation of gnats I had to abandon the whole lot, nothing would shift them so I use fresh each time now, doesn't go with my world view but I gotta keep the girls safe and well. I've found some bti stuff on amazon but I'll look for the nematodes now ( thanks Mr cultivator) . And some stickies. And some spinosad (thanks Frank) and go from there I'll put some of the DE on in the morning to tide me over till then. I'll let you know how it goes and what I get so hopefully it will be of help to someone else in this thread. Good strong suggestion by Dale, I can't do links properly yet but I'll get there so apologies till then. Thanks again you fabulous people :thanks: and hippy hoppy happy growing :cools:

If you do nematodes every few months you could reuse the soil. If your soil is wet the DE will soak it up and it will be rendered ineffective, two inch layer of fish tank pebbles will keep the adults off with a fan circulating above the soil to discourage them from landing. Layering stone at the bottom keeps pockets of moisture from forming underneath so pots won't sit in drainage.

If you do nematodes every few months you could reuse the soil. If your soil is wet the DE will soak it up and it will be rendered ineffective, two inch layer of fish tank pebbles will keep the adults off with a fan circulating above the soil to discourage them from landing. Layering stone at the bottom keeps pockets of moisture from forming underneath so pots won't sit in drainage.
If I do the DE in the morning the soil should be quite dry as didn't water today so fingers crossed with that, thanks for letting me know. I'm definitely going for the nematodes for this grow and will sort out the gravel for the next one,got an extra fan so that's good to go. Thanks for the great advice, once again every day's a school day :stir:

Thanks again for all the help, ordered nematodes and stickies, should be here by Thursday. Didn't use the DE this morning as they girls needed a proper water first thing but will do tomorrow morning before watering tomorrow evening so it can be as effective as possible. Spotted a few of the tiny gnats around the pots so fingers crossed they'll be no more v v v soon :shooty:

Thanks again for all the help, ordered nematodes and stickies, should be here by Thursday. Didn't use the DE this morning as they girls needed a proper water first thing but will do tomorrow morning before watering tomorrow evening so it can be as effective as possible. Spotted a few of the tiny gnats around the pots so fingers crossed they'll be no more v v v soon :shooty:

You'll want to keep the soil moist once you water the nematodes in.

You can just break the dunks into bits with a hammer…. Sometimes bits are hard to find.
Frank I have been waiting to see you so I could apologize I had no intention of calling you a neanderthal it is not what my stoned brain was thinking at all............ I like and respect you and I am truly sorry for hurting your feelings. Pleas accept my apology

:worship:

We have all missed you!

Frank I have been waiting to see you so I could apologize I had no intention of calling you a neanderthal it is not what my stoned brain was thinking at all............ I like and respect you and I am truly sorry for hurting your feelings. Pleas accept my apology

:worship:

We have all missed you!

Sorry to get your hopes up MOG but that was a old quote of his and unfortunately he still hasn't been seen since 2/5:sad: @Frank the Dank Don't know where I'd be without you:d5::worship: :karmacloud::vibes:

Back