Dinafem When to harvest the CBD strains?

All very good questions which I'll try my best to answer :thumbsup:

1- should you harvest when you first see Amber trichomes?

A- When the trichomes start to degrade this is when they turn Amber and this is when we see the CBD % fall. You want to try and harvest with as many cloudy heads as possible. Your trichomes will still turn Amber just like a traditional high THC strain as their is still THC presence and pure CBD trichomes also degrade(turn amber)

2-Any other variable you should consider?

A- Yes, you want to flush your plants very well before harvest, you want those buds to grow as much as possible to maximise end yield but I think you want to know the best way to harvest for optimal CBD %?

I have found that 48 hours total darkness before harvest will help those clear trichomes start to turn milky and stop the trichome degradation :pass:

3- How important is curing.

A- Just as important as with Any other strain. CBD, THC, CBG will all change as the flowers cure. This you will have to test.

Try some at say 3 weeks dry
Then let it cure a week and try more
Repeat this. This way you will find what works best for you :pass:

I hope that helps mate?

All the best

Mark..
:thumbsup::d5:

Here is a picture of a Dinamed CBD photoperiod bud 7 weeks since the flip to 12/12:

DinamedCBDweek7smallfile.jpg

Here is the whole plant:

w72.jpg

Is that a ladybird my friend?

Buds are filling out a treat :pass:

Finish line is close mate. Another 10 days will be perfect. Would you agree?

All the best

Mark..
Yes it is a ladybug - Lady Bird! My cat jumped into my grow space and left me a present - Whiteflies. The army of Ladybugs are keeping them in check. I will need to treat my room with a HotShot pest strip after these plants are harvested to completely rid it of these critters. In the meantime the ladybugs and yellow-sticky traps are keeping the invasion well below threat levels.

Yes it is a ladybug - Lady Bird! My cat jumped into my grow space and left me a present - Whiteflies. The army of Ladybugs are keeping them in check. I will need to treat my room with a HotShot pest strip after these plants are harvested to completely rid it of these critters. In the meantime the ladybugs and yellow-sticky traps are keeping the invasion well below threat levels.

Natural predators. The only way to go ::pass:

Get this crop in mate and nuke the room. Then :pass: you'll be good to go after :bong:

I'm seeing a lot of mite invasion issues this year, especially stateside with "russet mites". Running rampant and so hard to detect.

Keep up the good fight against the "borg" :thumbsup:

All the best

Mark..

Back