Dinafem When to harvest the CBD strains?

@trailanimal Have you grown many more high CBD autos mate?..

That's a big IPAuto CBD and dripping with CBD goodness :pass:

Thanks for sharing buddy :pass:

All the best

Mark..
In the spring window this season grew Auto CBD Star/Ministry of cannabis. Plant grew well, but was a disappointment effect wise compared to IPCBD. CBD Star is 1:1

MY CBD buds do not weigh as much as high THC strains. I have 3 - half gallon jars full and they weigh a little over 200g whereas 3 - half gallon jars of Wild Thailand weigh over 300g This is just an FYI and my personal outcome.

MY CBD buds do not weigh as much as high THC strains. I have 3 - half gallon jars full and they weigh a little over 200g whereas 3 - half gallon jars of Wild Thailand weigh over 300g This is just an FYI and my personal outcome.

All input is welcome mate :pass:

I too have found that high CBD strain tend to have more of a sativa structure and the end product are not densely structured like an indica. Definitely more sativa leaning flower structure :pass:

All the best

Mark..

Sorry to bump an older thread, but did we ever get an answer to the original question of when to harvest for optimal CBD content? (I didn't read through the entire thread as it's loooong). I'm growing Industrial Plant Auto CBD & trying to determine when would be the best time to chop for peak CBD content. Don't really care about THC.

There sho' are some pretty plants in this thread! Mine's in Week 4 & just started blooming. Super stoked to see what she produces. Would be so cool if I achieved the 10%+ CBD mark. :headbang:

Thanks, everyone! So it sounds like they should be harvested about when a regular THC plant would be: with mostly cloudy trichs. Think I can manage that! :thumbsup:

I always use the overall look of the plant (pistils, trichome coverage, texture, color, etc) to determine when to harvest. Trichome color is secondary & I can't see it all that well with my crummy magnifying glass anyway. But the estimated harvest date is 70 days so I'll probably stick pretty closely to that & hope for the best. I did a pretty good guesstimation with my first grow, though it wasn't a CBD-heavy strain.

Thanks, everyone! So it sounds like they should be harvested about when a regular THC plant would be: with mostly cloudy trichs. Think I can manage that! :thumbsup:

I always use the overall look of the plant (pistils, trichome coverage, texture, color, etc) to determine when to harvest. Trichome color is secondary & I can't see it all that well with my crummy magnifying glass anyway. But the estimated harvest date is 70 days so I'll probably stick pretty closely to that & hope for the best. I did a pretty good guesstimation with my first grow, though it wasn't a CBD-heavy strain.

That's what testing has shown on out and my friend.

When the trichomes start to Amber this is when we see the CBD % drop and more CBN and CBG is found :pass:

Please let us know how you get on mate and when you harvest :bong:

I did a small test this year and tested the flowers from our DinaMed Auto CBD.

Day 56 the CBD % was 11%

Day 63 the CBD % was 12.5%

Day 70 the CBD % was 13.3%(harvested 90% of the plant left 10%)

Day 77 the CBD % fell to 12.7%

And 1 final week to

Day 84 the CBD % fell to just 10.3% (This was 30-40% Amber)

Hope that helps a little?

All the best

Mark..

Back