Lighting What's the best lighting cycle for autos - 24/0, 20/4 or 18/6

What is the best lighting cycle for autos?

• Total voters
I've noticed my NL are droopy after about 15-17 hours in. I was running the 450 led for 21/3. I pumped the light down to 4 hrs. off now 5 hrs. off. Going to work toward 18/6. Does anyone know if this NL strain is know for this? My heat, ,nutes, light, ph, all good. They are on week 7. Lots of bud sites. Check out photo.View attachment 966946 View attachment 966946

My Northern Lights does seem to be rather sensitive to very light training and defoliation, whereas all of my other strains seem to not be affected at all by it. So I have had to pretty much leave my northern lights alone and let her do her thing on her own.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

I think it matters with some strains and not with others. I grew my autos under 20/4 a pretty long time, but noticed that they seem to flourish more when they have a little bit more of a dark cycle so I went back to 18 and six

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

I run 20 on 4 off the 4 hours off is for root development and all around plant health. To each their own on this fine question their honestly are too many factors to have a definitive answer as to what light scedule is the best.

Hi guys! I’ve tried 20/4 for a long time, 24/0 a few grows, and 18/6 now...I don’t see much of a difference in yield, but think they need some rest, I saw some light stress when gone full 24 hs.

As some have stated, a lot of factors to consider, like space, climate, strain...you can grow photos at the same time with 18/6 periods, etc. but my own experience with autos is that they need some rest, so 20/4 or 18/6 works fine to me.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

I do 18/6. "I think all things need sleep" that's just me. I work a 12 shift (6am-6pm) mon- weds.i get off play with the plants, some video games and then sleep. Guess what?? That's 18/6:headbang:

I was just sayin in another thread try first 5 day 24 on,then drop it to 22on 2 hours off,ur rite they do like a small break,and that 2 hours ur trnp shouldn’t drop which helps reduce stretch
Davo lad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I run my plants at 24/0 and get great results usually no less than 4+ ounces a plant, this is my current auto think big topped and now 2-3 weeks
IMG_20190913_085402887.jpg
into flower

I run my plants at 24/0 and get great results usually no less than 4+ ounces a plant, this is my current auto think big topped and now 2-3 weeksView attachment 1103298 into flower
Right on. 24/7 is always my preference, though with the Autocobs, I'm usually 19/5 or 20/4. Enjoy the rest of the grow and the harvest.

Right on. 24/7 is always my preference, though with the Autocobs, I'm usually 19/5 or 20/4. Enjoy the rest of the grow and the harvest.

I tried 24-0, but the plants didn't seem to like strong light for that many hours.
Same with 20-4, so I've reluctantly settled on 18-6.

For me the choice seems to be weaker light for more hours , or stronger light for fewer hours.
But this depends greatly on grow style.
Mine is DWC, strong LEDs, while using un-altered VPD chart from start to budrot-daring finish.

16/8 with my COBs and QBs

And I get 6-8 in DWC

Basement room that doesn’t need heat for the most part. I get heat from dehumidifier in flower if needed.

:chimp:

Back