Indoor Welcome to The Savage Garden

im 51 deg North at 100 metres elevation so i will try her outside in the 1st week of May.
I'm 66.5 N, mostly greenhouse, which is like outdoor almost everywhere else,hehe. I do run some out in the wilds. This year ina raised very well prepared garden bed, we'll see what happens. We have and outdoor auto comp here, for SEEDS!

oh yeah!, good one, pull a leaf off, no big deal

here is a better pic of how i tie

admittedly the strangled leaf looks a bit wrinkly but its only in there a few days then i move the string along.

You cant get the branch as flat if you attach to the stem without flattenning and damaging bud sites.

My string is nowhere near the bud sites.

20180328_162954.jpg

That last tip is spot on lad. Never occurred to me to tie to the leaves instead of the stem. There's no danger of strangling nutrient flow within the stem this way too I suppose. I've tied string too tight in the past ya see. I'm gonna rob this idea, nice one [emoji41][emoji106][emoji14]

[emoji41]

Awesome techniques dude. Thread too, informative and with pictures and words lmao no really. Awesome work.

That last tip is spot on lad. Never occurred to me to tie to the leaves instead of the stem. There's no danger of strangling nutrient flow within the stem this way too I suppose. I've tied string too tight in the past ya see. I'm gonna rob this idea, nice one [emoji41][emoji106][emoji14]

[emoji41]

Cheers Guys I will try to update regularly,i have got some interesting ones on the go and coming up too

Critical Jack

20180213_073821.jpg

I've tied string too tigh

upload_2018-4-1_23-48-26.jpeg

1 Make a loop,
2 Thread the long end through the loop
3. Lassoo the top of the leaf....where the fingers join the leaf stem
4 Tighten the string and attach to the pot

The fingers grip well so it is remarkably gentle.......as the fingers widen the friction increases and the grip gets tighter. A simple tug releases the string.

It works with very small leaves too.

Last edited:
View attachment 885974

1 Make a loop,
2 Thread the long end through the loop
3. Lassoo the top of the leaf....where the fingers join the leaf stem
5 Tighten the string and attach to the pot

The fingers grip well so it is remarkably gentle.......as the fingers widen the friction increases and the grip gets tighter. A simple tug releases the string.

It works with very small leaves too.
Is number 4 missing or is that a typo? I don't get how this works

[emoji41]
EDIT: Lemme explain....

Make a loop.... do I tie the loop so it stays then put the long bit through the loop making another loop, then put this loop around the leaf?

Is number 4 missing or is that a typo? I don't get how this works

[emoji41]
EDIT: Lemme explain....

Make a loop.... do I tie the loop so it stays then put the long bit through the loop making another loop, then put this loop around the leaf?

sorry..of course it should be a 4..................Doh !!!!!!!!!!!!1

Absolutely correct with the loop thing though.

Back