Grow Mediums Welcome to the Autopot Forum!

@pop22 yeah thats kinda what I thought. Looking good by the way. No need for the 6.6 gallon unless u wanted to do some huge autos or photos. My space ain't big enough to handle that.

A tip for washing coco, fresh or recycled. Get 5 gallon paint straining bags. A three pack is like $4.00. They stretch and fit over a 5 gallon bucket. run water into the coco till the bucket is full and lift out the bag and let it drain. I recover coco by putting a rootball in a bag and washing it. don't worry about root fragments, don't hurt a thing. I usually recycle my coco twice, then add it to my gardens to compost.

They refuse to even discuss cannabis. I even tried to see if they wanted to advertise here.
I was afraid of that. I run into so many businesses with biases against cannabis. Shame because they are missing a golden opportunity now and in the near future.

I was afraid of that. I run into so many businesses with biases against cannabis. Shame because they are missing a golden opportunity now and in the near future.

I have indeed read this on other sites. People have had AP customer service hang up on them when cannabis was mentioned. On this note, I was seriously hoping my two air domes would have arrived today. Cannot get a response from Ricardo Perez. My last two orders from autopots-usa I have asked to waive the mandatory signature on delivery requirement as I work m-f. I've noticed both orders, no emails after order confirmation and no tracking or shipping notification whatsoever. I questioned Mr. Perez two weeks ago after he stated he had emailed me shipping notice. I checked all folders and kindly informed him I had no emails for autopot after the order confirmation. Now same same this order. Anyway, really hope they come tomorrow as I am new, did not sow seedlings into autopots and my two ladies are about to split their solo cups.

I have indeed read this on other sites. People have had AP customer service hang up on them when cannabis was mentioned. On this note, I was seriously hoping my two air domes would have arrived today. Cannot get a response from Ricardo Perez. My last two orders from autopots-usa I have asked to waive the mandatory signature on delivery requirement as I work m-f. I've noticed both orders, no emails after order confirmation and no tracking or shipping notification whatsoever. I questioned Mr. Perez two weeks ago after he stated he had emailed me shipping notice. I checked all folders and kindly informed him I had no emails for autopot after the order confirmation. Now same same this order. Anyway, really hope they come tomorrow as I am new, did not sow seedlings into autopots and my two ladies are about to split their solo cups.
I've had several orders and communications are not their strong point but the stuff always arrives and I love their systems. Plus once in a pinch for a part Ricardo came thru for me and got it to me super quick.

I've had several orders and communications are not their strong point but the stuff always arrives and I love their systems. Plus once in a pinch for a part Ricardo came thru for me and got it to me super quick.

Mr. Perez apologized and took the hit for forgetting to email me the tracking info. Overall, very satisfied with Autopots-usa. My two air domes arrived yesterday, my two girls are in their final resting spots now it's just a number of days before I turn on the res.

here's one: don't put pumps and or heaters in the res.... we have one person right now regretting it..
Auto pots and organic growing were made for each other! A lazy man's dream...lol! Plant, fill the res....wait...!
Make a spare set of 1/4" hose connection, a complete harness. Swap the harness out every 2-3 weeks if your running nutrients, no plugging up this way. Use a 30ml syringe to flush the lines with, works like a charm, especially if there's a clog!

Hi @pop22

I respect your knowledge wit these systems. I read through a number of grows, yours, Hans, etc and I purchased a pump recommended by Hans for the res. One that will run dry for 30 days if by chance that happens. I am not ready to turn on the res for a week or 3 but, did I miss something? I thought the philosophy was to keep the res circulating to keep surface tension alive and to keep nutes well mixed. Thanks for any insight/tips.

I guess thats the reasoning. I've seen no need for it. I've gotten pretty good at judging how much the plants consume at each stage and I fill my res to last 5-7 days.

I flush the lines every couple weeks using a 30ml syringe and don't have problems with clogged lines. I just figure the system is designed to be simple and reliable, I like keeping it that way.

Hi @pop22

I respect your knowledge wit these systems. I read through a number of grows, yours, Hans, etc and I purchased a pump recommended by Hans for the res. One that will run dry for 30 days if by chance that happens. I am not ready to turn on the res for a week or 3 but, did I miss something? I thought the philosophy was to keep the res circulating to keep surface tension alive and to keep nutes well mixed. Thanks for any insight/tips.

I guess thats the reasoning. I've seen no need for it. I've gotten pretty good at judging how much the plants consume at each stage and I fill my res to last 5-7 days.

I flush the lines every couple weeks using a 30ml syringe and don't have problems with clogged lines. I just figure the system is designed to be simple and reliable, I like keeping it that way.

I agree and I am incorporating all of your suggestions and tips. I just received the necessary fittings to make a second harness, ordered some blunt tip 30ml syringes and I am using the advice of all of you to plan ahead and try to anticipate problems. Just have to remember I am growing photo's currently and not all things cross-over when talking about auto's. As for autopots, I take all of your experience to heart. Thanks.

photos in auto pots:

QB tent pic2 -5-6-2017.jpg

I agree and I am incorporating all of your suggestions and tips. I just received the necessary fittings to make a second harness, ordered some blunt tip 30ml syringes and I am using the advice of all of you to plan ahead and try to anticipate problems. Just have to remember I am growing photo's currently and not all things cross-over when talking about auto's. As for autopots, I take all of your experience to heart. Thanks.

Back