Pudden I wish you could read back to a year ago when I first came here. I was warned numerous times, yelled at, warned again, put down over and over again. It is soooo nice to see the community coming around, doing things like you and pop are and helping the cause. Not just my lights but the example pop mentioned above. It's real and there is no arguing it.

I for one am very thankful for the help I have received from the gang here. Allowing me to gain knowledge here and share it with others has been nothing short of a wonderful experience. Listening to you guys has saved me big $$ and the disappointment of poor growing habits. When newbies come on board I see a great group of people wanting to help. If they see a poor product or choice by the newbie I think it is prudent to let them know your opinion. Not all vendors sell good products. Not all vendors give good service after the sale. Sharing your experiences with others builds a strong community and trust among the members of the community. Trust is not purchased it is earned. DIY cobs has earned my trust.

Last edited:
COB tech be it totally a DIY build, or something as slick as Big Sm0's autocobs, the results is all the same, top quality LIGHT provided as efficiently as current tech can be! I'm running a single auto cob in a small cabinet and the plants in there are amazing! I'm hoping, if I can get the grow figured out, that my current grows will be the best I've ever had. I suspect they will even if I run into problems!

These cobs are so powerful and effective that I quit arguing with people over whether it was a good investment for new growers. To be honest I really can't help chuckling under my breath watching as people defend their lighting choices. I was myuch the same but I came around to the truth by observation. So I can understand other kindred spirits needing to see it for their self. I did. Now it is lots of cobs spread out for even light and the resultant growth is simply stunning.

Somebody with too much time on my hands (that excludes pop22 and smo) should set all these different systems up side by side and do a mapped chart reading. They do these all the time already but no one seems willing to believe science.

I don't have Autocobs, but my DIY's are similar in scope and even with my lesser systems I can tell you these things grow STRONG plants. buy em build em or watch from the sidelines. You can do the same with many other lights, but good luck doing it at this price point.

Those are interesting. I am just unsure how they perform next to a citizen. The efficiency/ performance is what really makes cobs so good. Like horsepower, not all v8's have the same dyno results. With other cobs on the market that perform terribly I will always be a bit skepticle.

You know, I do think it is important to emphasize that if starting growers are not following best cultural practices and focusing on getting their environment and water right good lights will do little to help. And in many situations may well hinder. If you are getting things wrong under a good cob you will be informed rapidly and hideously by the plants. It simply amplifies the growing experience. So its important that you emphasize that all of these great advancements build on a bedrock of basic skulls that are going to make these lights shine.

Damn me and my puns.

You know, I do think it is important to emphasize that if starting growers are not following best cultural practices and focusing on getting their environment and water right good lights will do little to help. And in many situations may well hinder. If you are getting things wrong under a good cob you will be informed rapidly and hideously by the plants. It simply amplifies the growing experience. So its important that you emphasize that all of these great advancements build on a bedrock of basic skulls that are going to make these lights shine.

Damn me and my puns.
If you don't listen to what he said. You might be an idiot!!

This is a great post.:thumbsup:

Back