20160916_204818_HDR.jpg
it didnt post the pic for some reason lol

Last edited:
@BigSm0 is that a mars 300w or 600w ?
It's a 600w. Beauty in the build was it had 6 drivers and I only needed 3 so the other 3 drivers I made into a 7 foot long 80/20 extrusion bar with 6 more cobs. No par tests but the eyenomometer says it's about twice as bright and 40w less.

Thank you for the welcome @Son of Hobbes Come January I will start and build my own lights. I am looking forward to it. There is a plethora of info in the DIY section now. I am going with the citizen cobs

Just dropping a line to see if i can get some help, or directed to the right thread..

My driver.. Meanwell HLG 240 1050B running x6 citi 1212 undimmed. i only noticed after a re set up that the driver is too hot to touch for longer than 5 seconds or so. 49-50c / 121f according to my temp gun... Is that too hot or normal? can the heat go down by dimming? is it necessary?

Any input appreciated guys, thanks.

Just dropping a line to see if i can get some help, or directed to the right thread..

My driver.. Meanwell HLG 240 1050B running x6 citi 1212 undimmed. i only noticed after a re set up that the driver is too hot to touch for longer than 5 seconds or so. 49-50c / 121f according to my temp gun... Is that too hot or normal? can the heat go down by dimming? is it necessary?

my hlg 185h 1400 running 4 1212's get damn hot as well bro its totally normal i think.some hps ballasts get even hotter so its not a problem bro @BigSm0 will let you know more

@2Stoned2Care @BigSm0 @Son of Hobbes ...hi guys, I am thinking of a diy cob.. I was wondering what you guys think of driverless cobs - like the ones you find on aliexpress..are they any good - would u recommend them? Cheers :baked:

the driver do get hot That's why I like mounting mine remote.

Driverless cobs? sounds like more Chinese crap to me, don't waste your money

@2Stoned2Care @BigSm0 @Son of Hobbes ...hi guys, I am thinking of a diy cob.. I was wondering what you guys think of driverless cobs - like the ones you find on aliexpress..are they any good - would u recommend them? Cheers :baked:

Back