Live Stoners WE ARE NOT ALONE!

Grown men too..... :biggrin: ..I would have Laughed...but @sniper was pokemon daft.....:biggrin:...driving and scrolling all over Looking for them.....:crying:

Good Luck with the Meph babies......:bighug:
Nice read

@MR magoo, I thought that you of all people would find this interesting. Here I am on a cold pre-winter night looking at the night sky on Stellarium and I see what looks like a lot like John Lennon's face with Saturn and Jupiter where his eyes might be. Considering that there are a lot of crafty people associated with Stellarium, it's most likely some sort of stunt to honor the 40th anniversary of his passing. Anyway, this is what I see on my screen from my location not too far from you.
lennon-in-the-sky-12-08-20.JPG

I know about it @OttoCBD :toke: thanks for the tip. on Dec 21 Saturn and Jupiter will be within 1/2 a degree of each other, the last time this happened was almost 400 years ago. they will both be visible in the same high power eyepiece. :woohoo1: a once in a lifetime event!
i will set up scope, but with my luck it will be cloudy. you say your close? come over if it's clear of coarse Covid protocol in place.
i had to sell my BIG scope, but had enough to buy smaller telescope, and with it's longer focal length. F15. it performs on planets, planetary Nebula, as well as the big one. just not as good on extended Gaseous nebula. I hope i don't miss this one.:yoinks:
DSC_0236.JPG
DSC_0237.JPG

Last edited:
I know about it @OttoCBD :toke: thanks for the tip. on Dec 21 Saturn and Jupiter will be within 1/2 a degree of each other, the last time this happened was almost 400 years ago. they will both be visible in the same high power eyepiece. :woohoo1: a once in a lifetime event!
i will set up scope, but with my luck it will be cloudy. you say your close? come over if it's clear of coarse Covid protocol in place.
i had to sell my BIG scope, but had enough to buy smaller telescope, and with it's longer focal length. F15. it performs on planets, planetary Nebula, as well as the big one. just not as good on extended Gaseous nebula. I hope i don't miss this one.:yoinks:
I'm close but not close enough to make a trek out your way but thanks a lot for the offer. I use a little Celestron Cosmos First Scope with two very basic eyepieces and a red dot finder that needs a battery. I'm not very well versed in any of this stuff but I did hang around the Cloudy Nights forums long enough to come to the conclusion that I'll never be able to understand astronomy, astrology etc. Which is fine with me because I enjoy the wonderment of it all ..even if I can't understand the explanation(s). I stopped looking at Stellarium a few years ago and recently downloaded it again and I'm amazed on how much information has either been added or just slipped by me during my last use of it. Which brings me to my original point regarding the John Lennon face being able to be seen. You said that you already know about it so where did you hear about it and what is it?

It has to do with the first quarter moon making a smile in conjunction with Saturn and Jupiter. i for get when it happens? soon. the 21'st is the big event. :bighug:

It has to do with the first quarter moon making a smile in conjunction with Saturn and Jupiter. i for get when it happens? soon. the 21'st is the big event. :bighug:
I understand that but it still doesn't answer my question as to why the atmospheric view on Stellarium shows a resemblance to John Lennon's face. If this is some kind of 'bluebeamish' stunt that's been pointed out elsewhere please feel free to let me know. Otherwise, it seems like there's only two of us that see it and we're both very skeptical.

@MR magoo, I thought that you of all people would find this interesting. Here I am on a cold pre-winter night looking at the night sky on Stellarium and I see what looks like a lot like John Lennon's face with Saturn and Jupiter where his eyes might be. Considering that there are a lot of crafty people associated with Stellarium, it's most likely some sort of stunt to honor the 40th anniversary of his passing. Anyway, this is what I see on my screen from my location not too far from you.
View attachment 1263069

Here's the same image that I posted above but I brought the level of 'highlight' all the way up using iPiccy. I don't know if it'll have an effect on your ability to see it or not but the image couldn't be seen while looking at it on an ipad. While trying to see it on a computer screen you need to kind of jostle your neck around to see until it shows up which is a whole lot easier than trying to view one of those 'three dimensional' pieces of art that were all the rage back in the 90's.
lennon-in-the-sky-12-08-20 highlighted.jpg

Last edited:
It appears to be someone's fancy. an interpretation of what someone saw, looks like a smile, but how Lennon got in to this is beyond me.
no i never have heard anything called Lennon's smile. :shrug::smokeout:

Back