Mephisto Genetics Water Farm Dabbles In Dirt

Forgotten Strawberries coming down smelling very VERY nice !! Super fruity and sweet like glazed Strawberry bananas with a decent level of background OG funk that is missing from Strawberry Nuggets

fs_69_1.jpg
fs_69_2.jpg
fs_69_3.jpg
fs_69_4.jpg
fs_69_5.jpg
fs_69_6.jpg
fs_69_7.jpg
fs_69_8.jpg
fs_69_9.jpg
fs_69_10.jpg

Forgotten Strawberries coming down smelling very VERY nice !! Super fruity and sweet like glazed Strawberry bananas with a decent level of background OG funk that is missing from Strawberry Nuggets

View attachment 997266 View attachment 997267 View attachment 997268 View attachment 997269 View attachment 997270 View attachment 997271 View attachment 997272 View attachment 997273 View attachment 997274 View attachment 997275
Sounds great. Love your grows man, always top quality. You smoke A+

hey there @Zipz55 I would not call these CDLC X Sour Stomper buds airy... although maybe they ended up overall somewhat smaller than some of the other strains... The airiest buds that I ended up with are the Grapey Walter for whatever reason...
Ok thanks for the response

I think it was the fan blowing directly on mine that them airy

Since I’ve moved the fan a couple days ago the buds have started to swell and get a little dense

Looks like it was my fault and not the genetics

How do you guys get plants to change colors like this?

Does it just happen during flush or do you have to drop the temperature or something

I have a CDLC x SS wrapping up and the buds are nice and dense but there aren't foot long colas or anything like that. It will definitely fatten up towards the end, at least mine has.

Also, NICE JOB Water Farm!! They look great!

Great run. What a variety of Mephisto genetics grown so damn well.

cheers @lunarman your garden also looks damn amazing I am salivating over your Orange Diesels in particular !!

Sounds great. Love your grows man, always top quality. You smoke A+

right back at you @Seabass !! what is up next for you ?? here is what I am thinking at the moment
up_next.JPG

Also, NICE JOB Water Farm!! They look great!

cheers @Phreakoftheweek your tent is looking like straight :fire::fire::fire: mate congrats !!

cheers @lunarman your garden also looks damn amazing I am salivating over your Orange Diesels in particular !!

right back at you @Seabass !! what is up next for you ?? here is what I am thinking at the moment
View attachment 997919

cheers @Phreakoftheweek your tent is looking like straight :fire::fire::fire: mate congrats !!

Got a question for you. Since you seem pretty (freakishly amazingly) good at growing a mix of Mephisto genetics at one time. For the next grow which I'll start in a couple of weeks to a month I'm going to do 10 Mephisto plants and I have about 28 different strains to choose from. I was thinking of doing 8 strains total so a couple of strains will get 2 plants each. And this is grown in autopots with two different reservoirs, so my nute mixing will not be done on a per plant basis. medium is coco. synthetic nutes. all plants in one 8x8 tent. Lighting is done on a per plant basis with autocobs.

If you were in my shoes, would you take any care to select strains that have things in common to make the grow simpler/easy to manage? Like would you look some sort of commonality with plant sizes or cycle times or even approx. what day the strains transition to flower? Or would you just select whatever you want to grow and don't worry about strain differences? Or would you reduce the number of different strains down to maybe 5 total and 2 plants per strain?

How do you guys get plants to change colors like this?

Does it just happen during flush or do you have to drop the temperature or something

that is a good question @Zipz55 and one with dynamic answers but yeah I will say 1) it is a lot to do with genetics -- so as far as that goes with Mephisto strains I have experienced it with Strawberry Nuggets, Cosmic Queen, CDLC and her crosses, SODK and her crosses, and Grape Crinkle and her crosses. I am 100% sure that there are many more in the Mephisto stable -- I just haven't had the pleasure... yet !! :pass: I would not expect it with with say Fantasmo Expresss or Walter White, in my experience.

which brings us to 2) it is a lot to do with environment -- so far as that goes I have experienced success with lowering temperatures and having a lights OFF period... I mean lowering temperatures in the ballpark of 10 degrees C.... even if it is just for a week at the end or a few days while you are flushing right before the chop.... the colour changes can happen very quickly like within a few days definitely less than a week is possible... I have read where people use ice etc... to get the roots colder but I have never tried that myself. Another thing is limiting feed or even reducing to just water for a few days at the end before you chop because the plant will draw stored nutrients from the leaves and that brings the colour changes

This particular run was completed with lights ON 24/7 and the temperature variance was very small like only 3-5 degrees C. This was also an organic Mephisto Super Soil grow so there was no change in feed or flushing. Still the genetics of the Grape Crinkle brought the colourations observed on the Grapey Walter

View attachment 997919

Well that’s a lovely looking lineup. I need to snag some GWK beans...or anything with Skywalker in it. The Terps and effects really blew me away!
Up next, hmmmm perhaps something new and exciting. We’ll see. :smoking:

Back