Waira's 2024 Auto + Photo Mash Up grow gig

If someone was going to start an organic soil grow, would you point them towards BaS or KIS? I can get a bag of Roots Organic Original or Lush at the local dirt store. I was thinking of that with the KIS nutrient pack. 25 gallon fabric pot/bag.
Both are excellent from what I've seen, but I've only tried KIS so far... Go with what you know, plus dialing in takes some tinkering over several grows... There are BAS experienced folks here too!

Since you're working with good bag soil, the KIS dosing needs reducing vs. what from-scratch will call for...
I use about 1pt/15gal for photo's, cut that by about 25% or so for auto's... that is the more tricky part, and no one "recipe" will work for all because of their highly variable appetites, tolerances, etc... Every run, some are happier than others with the richness levels.
Keep in mind I'm going for near-water only inputs, at least for primary nutes... light PK boosting if needed... always Si, kelp, humic fulvic, inoculants(!), micronute and Ca supp's (I use amino based stuff from BioAg) as infrequent boosts...

~~~<<< update time >>>~~~​

:toke:
Most the photo's are transplanted now, and some training done today (pics are from yesterday)... It's panning out to be a bit of a weird looking plant season this year with what-all's happened -
confused.png
LOL
...got a couple unexpected runts, a couple semi-auto's that switched over sooner than expected,...all have a wonky build due to that apical dominance hiccup... :doh:
Best guess, it may have been made with ripe coconuts vs. younger ones, so potentially the auxin levels were high, and cytokinins low, which could make for this sort of outcome...
hmmm.gif

-(Some pics came out with a strange tint to them, even with flash)

>>> Aunt of Farouk/SensiStar x CBD Haze XL - on the small side, but then again she was a pretty late start...
ashz1.jpg

>>> Burmese Pure - even after topping, very slow to get those upper nodes busy...also got burned some which doesn't help! At least she's filling out better...
bp1.jpg
bp2.jpg

>>> Collins Ave - very enticing aroma from buds I've had and other's reports.... fruity-dairy-funk...fab' high too!
ca1.jpg
ca2.jpg

>>> FireMoBA5T x C99a - very sexy girl, I'd love to see this pheno grown in-ground or large pots!
fma5tx1.jpg
fma5tx2.jpg
fma5tx4.jpg
fma5tx3.jpg

>>> GhostMaverick x 3BearsOG - one runt nugg-cicle, this other a bit better thankfully :smokeit: ... this was a dice roll cultivar for behavior, as Maverick is something of an oddball semi-auto itself. Selections for non-auto'ing pheno's were made making it, so speed and easy triggering were the goal apparently. Crossed with an auto, but with GhostTrainHaze in the mix, she was a probable "auto" at my Lat and conditions, but not certain according to the breeder... he was right! Good object lesson in her about such auto/photo crosses...
these went into bloom pretty soon after going outside, the wee one I'd say was straight-up auto'ing....

ghmv1.jpg
gm3b1.jpg

>>> Lavender/Mixed purps x C99a - showing hair trigger blooming switch, another object lesson on the variability in auto/photo crosses!
lvp99a.jpg
lvp99b.jpg

>>> Melon Madness x StrawDawg - @Jean-O ... she's showing sex now, so the race to fill out is on! She's trying... :smokeit:
mmsd1.jpg
mmsd2.jpg

>>> NevLimeWhite - runted on me, no good reason just bad luck/bad pheno... 1st one is a turd, into the bin that one will go... Others from this same seed batch had no such issues, so there's my usual freak pheno magnet in action for ya! ...bummed, nothing but glowing reports on this custom cross...
nvlw1.jpg
nvlw2.jpg

>>> NYSD x HeadBangerOG - think she'll be the color show this season!
nyhb1.jpg
nyhb2.jpg

grp1.jpg
grp2.jpg

Auto tent has Straw-nana Daddy, Cream Chz. and Lecter well under way, with a 2nd Lil'Stick started... two others are late gambles, Lemon Drizzle Fast... We'll see what happens with them! :goodluck::eek1::goodluck: -- LOL

tent.jpg

They seem to be looking a little better now.
In terms of the branching.
Still not your usual perfect little xmas trees.
But not branchless hemp sticks, either.

They seem to be looking a little better now.:rofl::rofl:
In terms of the branching.
Still not your usual perfect little xmas trees.
But not branchless hemp sticks, either.
We'll see what a couple-few weeks does :goodluck: ... Most the straight photo's aren't showing sex yet, so that's a plus!
..it'll be a late-er season anyway, so what's a couple more weeks or so? ...only weather conditions at the finish will be the big Unknown...

Looking excellent my friend :d5: :headbang: Sounds like some interesting genetics, also :woohoo1::pass::vibes:
Thanks Frankie, hope your Bud Machine is churning out the usual heaps! I'm overdue for a visit....
...yeah, the custom crosses from private breeders is a super nice boon- :woohoo1:

Not bad mate , but the garden is not so great . :crying:
:crying:...never was a garden here! Just a fine selection of local weeds and crabgrass :rofl:- I just weed-wack and keep it decently clean...

Last edited:
Back