Outdoor Vas’ Audacious Auto Attempt, Organic, 40 autos ,5 strains !!!

Cheers man, yeah well I have called it an audacious attempt cause it is lol, it's my second auto grow, new soil mix that needs to build, this is a highly experimental grow and i make the statement "Kids don't try this at home" lol. I have a couple of tricks I want to experiment with if I find the soil life lacking early on, might be a epic fail, might go good, either way I'll learn heaps, and sometimes fortune favors the brave and/or foolish lol. In the past I reverted an "organic" attempt back to chemical cause i really has no idea of soil life, plant biology, etc. I will not be doing that ever again, if a plant or grow fails, I will look at correcting whats wrong with the soil for long term health & benefit rather than a chemical quick fix that will do damage to any existing soil life.

Cheers man, yeah well I have called it an audacious attempt cause it is lol, it's my second auto grow, new soil mix that needs to build, this is a highly experimental grow and i make the statement "Kids don't try this at home" lol. I have a couple of tricks I want to experiment with if I find the soil life lacking early on, might be a epic fail, might go good, either way I'll learn heaps, and sometimes fortune favors the brave and/or foolish lol. In the past I reverted an "organic" attempt back to chemical cause i really has no idea of soil life, plant biology, etc. I will not be doing that ever again, if a plant or grow fails, I will look at correcting whats wrong with the soil for long term health & benefit rather than a chemical quick fix that will do damage to any existing soil life.
Well said and it's a learning experience for everyone even the vets of growing are learning new things and that's the beautiful part about it, you'll never get anywhere unless you fail and learn how to correct what you did wrong!

I’m over mixing soil lol. So far in the last month or so I’ve mixed over 1400 Litres (>350 Gallons) of soil by hand in wheelbarrow for both photos & autos. No wonder by back is aching.
:stir:

Calculating I still have about 600 L still to do and Spring rapidly approaching, I decided to hunt down a cement mixer by hook or by crook to get this finished. With little cash, over budget and behind schedule, I borrowed one from a neighbor and oh yeah, thats the shit, thats what I’m talkin bout !! I’ll never mix soil on a big scale without one again...do much easier to mix it up, dampen with compost tea..done and dusted.....
:smoking:

The drawback on using the cement mixer was some worm carnage and breaking up of most aggregates. I like to keep some small aggregates from established soil in the mixes as these are large bacterial colonies usually with worms and it is quite aerated. I picked out any I saw before mixing. I'm gonna add some more worms to each pot this weekend.

Ok the hard works done, thank Shiva for that. It’s all potted up. I treated the soil with an AACTs which included fungal mycelia I cultivated with compost, oatmeal & yoghurt. I used a few things to try and get as much diversity as possible...compost, vermicompost from our worm farm, established soil from garden beds, and some soil from a local sub-tropical forest and some molasses. brewed it for 48 hours. foamed up well and a nice colour.
:chef:

The beans are on their way from dope-seeds.com. should be here early next week , plan to sow the beans 20-22nd Aug... new moon planting.
:greenthumb:

The last few bags about to be mulched, glad to be closing the soil station for a while...

IMG_0951.JPG

So easy to mix and dampen...moistening with compost tea....
IMG_0950.JPG

My tea brewer....

IMG_0947.JPG

The mix, based on the bagged compost & soil..came up well
IMG_0952.JPG

peace out
Vas
:baked:

:baked:Thanks 912, me too... the beans should have been sown yesterday or today but thanks to a fkn "Royal" Mail backlog, they took a week to leave Europe. Hopefully be here early next week..what a piss off, but thats what I get for leaving it so fkn late to order. The beans will be down as soon as the envelope arrives lol....I'm ready to rock.....here is the "garden".....
IMG_0957.JPG

Some pots are super stealth, some not... at the moment anyway, all that growth around them will take off with the warm weather and I'll trim when needed. it will be a bit if a snake pit with long growth over summer. I am setting up a timer sprinkler system as soon as I can afford next couple of weeks, it will run in the wee hours of the morning and will switch off before first light so no one will notice a sprinkler in a "weird" location, and I'm gonna get a pump too so I can run compost teas through it, then i wont have to tramp through there too often, and when I do it will be gumboots, snake gaiters and machete in hand lol ... I don't fancy spending xmas in hospital. Come on mr postman....
:baked:

Its often so easy to forget everyone is in completely different parts of the world, and the many different challenges that come with such varied climates. Though we do have rattlesnakes and black bears there isn't much wildlife out to get you...certainly nothing like australia!!
Good luck again bud.

Its often so easy to forget everyone is in completely different parts of the world, and the many different challenges that come with such varied climates. Though we do have rattlesnakes and black bears there isn't much wildlife out to get you...certainly nothing like australia!!
Good luck again bud.

Yeah but snakes wont to rip you to pieces if they're starving like bears & cougars & shit lol ! and you pretty much gotta tread on snakes or actively attack them to get bitten. Alot of people who go at them and try and kill em with a shovel or fork get bit..they're fast..fkn fast, faster than primates lol.

Back