Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Currently Smoking
Hot.
Hello everyone and Welcome to my Mills thread....I won a starter pack of theirs on IG and I have decided to begin a new thread with it...my first lucky ladies to taste these new nutes are 2 Dragonfruit Auto by @DragonSeeds ....I should mention that the very first feed these ladies was from a different nute company, but everything from here is DNA Mills.
If you are new to my threads, I grow with a CMH 315w in a SunSystems remote reflector with a vertical lamp position....the bulb(atm!)is a cheap Hyperlux (?) for now, as I am saving for a Philips Argo bulb. I grow in Ecothrive Coco/perlite mix....I start in 1litre plastic pots and transplant into 3.8 litre root pouches at about week 3....but tbh I am gonna go back to starting them in their final pots....
IMG_20211013_113057510.jpg

Keep your eyes peeled for updates everyone, more very soon...

Last edited:
Hello everyone and Welcome to my Mills thread....I won a starter pack of theirs on IG and I have decided to begin a new thread with it...my first lucky ladies to taste these new nutes are 2 Dragonfruit Auto by @DragonSeeds ....I should mention that the very first feed these ladies was from a different nute company, but everything from here is DNA Mills.
If you are new to my threads, I grow with a CMH 315w in a SunSystems remote reflector with a vertical lamp position....the bulb(atm!)is a cheap Hyperlux (?) for now, as I am saving for a Philips Argo bulb. I grow in Ecothrive Coco/perlite mix....I start in 1litre plastic pots and transplant into 3.8 litre root pouches at about week 3....but tbh I am gonna go back to starting them in their final pots....View attachment 1377344

Nice start brother :thumbsup: I'll tag along for this one.. im gonna start in final pots from now on as well.. makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are new to my threads, I grow with a CMH 315w in a SunSystems remote reflector with a vertical lamp position....the bulb(atm!)is a cheap Hyperlux (?) for now, as I am saving for a Philips Argo bulb. I grow in Ecothrive Coco/perlite mix....I start in 1litre plastic pots and transplant into 3.8 litre root pouches at about week 3....but tbh I am gonna go back to starting them in their final pots....View attachment 1377344

Nice one Vapo .. I see you're rekindling your passion ^_^ , It's kinda sad to hear that he pushed Boon to the side, but great great to hear that he's striking out with some banging cannabis genetics now!!

1634125977496.png

:gary:

(yes yes .. totally hilarious!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure do dude, all the way...:d5:

Excellent, this is a first for me so I have a couple of things you may be able to dispel for me - myth busting etc.

1. I have always read that although you can veg & flower with an MH, that the light penetration of the HPS is better & therefore produces bigger buds. With you growing under MH only, I assume this is myth or at least that is not how you have found it?

2. Is there any reason why you have chosen MH all the way, rather than go HPS for flower - or LED? Does it bring anything different when grown this way?

3. I have a MH bulb that I sometimes use for veg. I like the blue light, but it is very blue. Do you supplement at all with any red spec lights?

4. I run my HPS light 20/4 on my autos from seed to bud, and have never had issue with it. I used to use my MH bulb for the first 3 weeks, but found it did not make any noticeable difference to the plants (maybe if my plants were bigger it would be more noticeable). Would you recommend moving to MH permanently & why?

Thanks in advance man :pass:

Excellent, this is a first for me so I have a couple of things you may be able to dispel for me - myth busting etc.

1. I have always read that although you can veg & flower with an MH, that the light penetration of the HPS is better & therefore produces bigger buds. With you growing under MH only, I assume this is myth or at least that is not how you have found it?

2. Is there any reason why you have chosen MH all the way, rather than go HPS for flower - or LED? Does it bring anything different when grown this way?

3. I have a MH bulb that I sometimes use for veg. I like the blue light, but it is very blue. Do you supplement at all with any red spec lights?

4. I run my HPS light 20/4 on my autos from seed to bud, and have never had issue with it. I used to use my MH bulb for the first 3 weeks, but found it did not make any noticeable difference to the plants (maybe if my plants were bigger it would be more noticeable). Would you recommend moving to MH permanently & why?

Thanks in advance man :pass:
I use a CMH lamp dude which is different to a MH that you can use on a HPS ballast, CMH 315w use a lower frequency square wave technology, which won't run on a HPS ballast, this is why I don't switch lights, I use a 3100k bulb, seed to bud....I don't use any other light to supplement as it's a flowering spectrum bulb and as far as light penetration goes dude, I have never used a HPS light lol...so idk about that hehe...and I would wholeheartedly recommend moving to a CMH 315w light dude....best on the market imho dude, hope this answers your questions... :woohoo:

I use a CMH lamp dude which is different to a MH that you can use on a HPS ballast, CMH 315w use a lower frequency square wave technology, which won't run on a HPS ballast, this is why I don't switch lights, I use a 3100k bulb, seed to bud....I don't use any other light to supplement as it's a flowering spectrum bulb and as far as light penetration goes dude, I have never used a HPS light lol...so idk about that hehe...and I would wholeheartedly recommend moving to a CMH 315w light dude....best on the market imho dude, hope this answers your questions... :woohoo:

Cheers man, looks like I need to read up a little on my lighting tech.

I've been looking at these type light. True wattage and the 3100k says it all,they are pricey imo..good luck!:pass::smoking::headbang:

I've been looking at these type light. True wattage and the 3100k says it all,they are pricey imo..good luck!:pass::smoking::headbang:
Well yes....but no haha....when I first started with them about 4-5 years ago, but there are some good starting products out there now....I reckon you could start a CMH light for £100-£120 now dude...:d5::pass:

Last edited:
Back