So the Rhino single speed fan I had that was being controlled by an SMS Temp speed controller refuses to wind up past a set speed rendering it practically useless.

I had a spare Mars 4" fan which I swapped in, only to find my speed controller will not take charge of the unit. I'm now using the manual speed controller which again is virtually useless and this unit makes a racket. I guess my controller will only work with old AC type fans not ones with their own controllers.

I can make do for a week or so but manually adjusting the fan speed is total guess work.

Ok this is my question to my fellow growers, I need recommendations on 4" fans that are quite and possibly controllers that will regulate speed and maybe humidity. I have an Inkbird running the RH sides of things but it would be nice to combine everything. Or do I go proven and get an System Air RVK for £80 which is bomb proof and will work with my existing controller.

ATB

Deano,

Last edited:
So the Rhino single speed fan I had that was being controlled by an SMS Temp speed controller refuses to wind up past a set speed rendering it practically useless.

I had a spare Mars 4" fan which I swapped in, only to find my speed controller will not take charge of the unit. I'm now using the manual speed controller which again is virtually useless and this unit makes a racket. I guess my controller will only work with old AC type fans not ones with their own controllers.

I can make do for a week or so but manually adjusting the fan speed is total guess work.

Ok this is my question to my fellow growers, I need recommendations on 4" fans that are quite and possibly controllers that will regulate speed and maybe humidity. I have an Inkbird running the RH sides of things but it would be nice to combine everything. Or do I go proven and get an System Air RVK for £80 which is bomb proof and will work with my existing controller.

ATB

Deano,

I'd go with the system air, will work out cheaper than getting an AC infinity 4 fan and controller, don't know how good the mars system is, but again that's more than £80. They all come with manual controller for cheaper, but the high tech option is more money.

I'd go with the system air, will work out cheaper than getting an AC infinity 4 fan and controller, don't know how good the mars system is, but again that's more than £80. They all come with manual controller for cheaper, but the high tech option is more money.
Like you say the RVK is cheaper and proven, I could even add a silencer on top for good measure and still be quids in on an Infinity or similar. Something to think about for sure :toke:

ATB

Deano,

So I literally got an AC infinity 6' Extractor fan and 69 PRO controller shipped from Amazon US this week. It was $234 to my door. £192 which is double your budget. (1 Oz of weed...) I had an RVK but my speed controller died and I wanted something with better control as I always seem to be chasing my VPD. I have to say, once I worked out the programming and fine-tuned the settings, this thing is a game changer for me. I've set a minimum fan speed so it's always ticking over no matter what, then set a temperature I want to hold that works for my VPD with the dehumidifier running. Control temp and humidity then you have VPD under control and your plants will love it. I can control it by iPhone app over wifi from anywhere too. I've been FANtasizing about this kit for a few years and I'm so glad I have it now!

So I literally got an AC infinity 6' Extractor fan and 69 PRO controller shipped from Amazon US this week. It was $234 to my door. £192 which is double your budget. (1 Oz of weed...) I had an RVK but my speed controller died and I wanted something with better control as I always seem to be chasing my VPD. I have to say, once I worked out the programming and fine-tuned the settings, this thing is a game changer for me. I've set a minimum fan speed so it's always ticking over no matter what, then set a temperature I want to hold that works for my VPD with the dehumidifier running. Control temp and humidity then you have VPD under control and your plants will love it. I can control it by iPhone app over wifi from anywhere too. I've been FANtasizing about this kit for a few years and I'm so glad I have it now!
I was seriously contemplating one, however after a little research and speaking to AC direct it turns out you can't buy Controller plugs in the UK yet. How have you connected your humidifier/dehumidifier to it as that was one of the main reasons I wanted the controller to reduce clutter and kit.

I still haven't bought anything but will probably go for a Rhino Ultra EC and then use a GAS controller to plug everything else into.

I don’t have anything else plugged into the controller, my dehumidifier just runs constantly with its own humidistat controlling it. How’s this for a coincidence, I’m out on town with mates and I can see my humidity has been at 70% for the last 10 hours! Apparently it’s shat itself. So after my brag about nailing VPD, it’s fucked!
Can anyone recommend a brilliant dehumidifier that’s got WiFi control? Happy to pay.

I don’t have anything else plugged into the controller, my dehumidifier just runs constantly with its own humidistat controlling it. How’s this for a coincidence, I’m out on town with mates and I can see my humidity has been at 70% for the last 10 hours! Apparently it’s shat itself. So after my brag about nailing VPD, it’s fucked!
Can anyone recommend a brilliant dehumidifier that’s got WiFi control? Happy to pay.
This is the "Gucci" kit controller you need ;)

This is the "Gucci" kit controller you need ;)

Looks amazing but a bit pricey for a 2x4 tent!

Back