Is it a no brand light mate it sounds like a deathtrap and in the wrong hands it could of caused a fire so glad you spotted it and made people aware what to look out for
Hello st yea just some cheap light no name total deathtrap just think how many have been sold like it tho thats the bad thing no fuse, live heatsink, not waterproof a recipe for disater in the grow room for some one

Tried to figure out a way to better fit my carbon filter last night and I knocked the growlight off its hook and it fell and sliced my wrist and hand,
I was lucky I got my hand up in time other wise I probably would of got the slice on the face, any deeper and it would of been a squiter of a cut and a trip to A&E
Lucky I was able to get it wrapped up quick so the slice could fuse together again

Them plants I tried to fuse to other night got thier karma it seems lol

View attachment 1559845View attachment 1559846
Today​
View attachment 1559847
@Born slippy Man I hope your recovery is good, your so fortunate that was a shallow slice, having worked a few yers in A&E I have seen some people succumb to deep wrist trauma.
Older people are especially prone to cuts and falling in gardens or (bunkers) :biggrin:in the winter, problems become serious when it’s cold, they have no phone on them and the cold sets in Really quick. All the best.

Hello st yea just some cheap light no name total deathtrap just think how many have been sold like it tho thats the bad thing no fuse, live heatsink, not waterproof a recipe for disater in the grow room for some one
Thanks for the rep St :thumbsup:

that has made me so angry, lucky it was you found the issue as you know what you are doing enough to notice that something was not right. If that was someone who has no idea, and went out of the box, plug and play....dread to think.

Hello Rusty yea they will give me a refund but i have gone to trading standard about it as it is a death trap it is ment to be ip65 is it bollocks when i took the driver off its got ip25 on the bottom of it. I usually would have just binned it but some one might burn there house down or shock the life out off them self so thought it best to report it better safe then sorry. I was going to put it in my green house to get some early plants started for the garden i would not trust cheap lights in my growdrobe fck that only tried and tested for in doors for me got smoke alarms and fire extinguisher in growroom :thumbsup:
mate thats crazy atleast they're offering the refund though its the least they can do.. Good on u goin to trading standards its dangerous on so many levels

mate thats crazy atleast they're offering the refund though its the least they can do.. Good on u goin to trading standards its dangerous on so many levels
Hello i have binned it as they would probly just put it back up for sale which dont sit well with me and for the sake of £30 its not worth the risk of them doing it :thumbsup:

Hello i have binned it as they would probly just put it back up for sale which dont sit well with me and for the sake of £30 its not worth the risk of them doing it :thumbsup:
it's shocking quality control (no pun intended) hahaha

Day 7

They're a week old today. Most seem to be growing well. I reckon a couple might not make it as they're pretty small but i'll leave them in and see how they do.

SOS

Compress_20230202_205244_4049.jpg

Compress_20230202_205244_4332.jpg

Condemned

Compress_20230202_205243_3817.jpg

Qb

And I thought some of these companies had come away from stuff like that! Glad u noticed before anything bad happened!

Back