Lighting Twin SE450s & Purple-Phenos

The reason I ask is, I was using 1 tablespoon per gallon of Promix and getting deficiency every time. A-train said he was adding 3 tbls per gal.and doesn't even measure CalMg anymore...just dumps it in! This was right before my, unrelated, "tent meltdown". I got grief for following A-trains lead, (only using 2 tbls/g) suspecting this was the issue, because "promix has enough lime".
Long story short, I mixed my next run without lime and its worse than ever!!
I don't think our diagnosers have grasped the cob/deficiency relation quite yet. I will, without a doubt, be adding 3 tbls/g next time.
Also, dolomite lime takes a month to act so, I don't think you'll be getting any benefit from that top dress yet.
These are my thoughts. Take it for what it's worth

Yeah, these COBs are in another world of their own! Still adjusting to these lights and probably will be for a few more grows.. do you recommend a different lime (fast acting lime)? my next grow I will certainly be using more lime from the start. 3tblspn/gal is definitely what I will be doing!!!

Always great having you chime in brother ! It's' much appreciated -- you been helping me since I introduced myself here at AFN! It doesn't go unnoticed!
Thanks again man!

Yeah, these COBs are in another world of their own! Still adjusting to these lights and probably will be for a few more grows.. do you recommend a different lime (fast acting lime)? my next grow I will certainly be using more lime from the start. 3tblspn/gal is definitely what I will be doing!!!

Always great having you chime in brother ! It's' much appreciated -- you been helping me since I introduced myself here at AFN! It doesn't go unnoticed!
Thanks again man!
I don't think fast acting lime is what you want. I could be mistaken but if I remember correctly it's a no. I believe the brand I use is Growmore Dolomite Lime. The granules were a little coarser than I'd like so I grind it up in a coffee grinder. I'm sure there are plenty of decent choices. I think of it like all my culinary seeds (chef thought) freshly ground is best.

UPDATE:

Day 37

It's been a hectic ride for sure with these girls. Learning the power of COBs in fun and frustrating at the same time. Lol.
Frisian Dew got a flush the other day of pH'd h20 w/ CaMg. She seems to be doing a bit better but still to early to tell. Plus her Calyx look really weird -- they look like pushed in, they're not swoll. (Check the pics)

One of the black creams is starting to develop phosphorus defc as well. I'm almost positive my soil pH is to high. So on my next feeds I'm thinking about not even pHing my feeds... you guys think that's a good idea? Feed is usually around 5.2-5.3 before I pH it up to 5.8-5.9 .. I just want the girls to make it to harvest. I swear The other black cream is on the verge of a defc for sure, lmao. But she is constantly praying to the light. The Purp Mazar and LSD seem to be very happy girls, the LSD is a little glossy and 'Leathery" but she seems to be okay. And the young LSD and young FD are loving life. I'm hoping not to encounter the same problems I am with the older girls with the two young ones. I'm actually thinking about alternating feeds with the young ones, just to try and see if maybe that will help?

Also think I have beat the gnats, I was also checking under leaves for eggs or other infestion of sorts but couldn't find anything. As precaution I used some Azamax as a soil drench, each plant got about a liter, just enough to get down a couple inches into soil, I then covered the top of the mediums with gnat-nix.

Regardless, all girls buds are certainly growing daily. And the smells are really starting to come through :eyebrows: :biggrin:

549D263C-E226-46EF-A937-F9859BACCF91.JPG

Black cream w/ phosphorus defc:

0D699D06-A03C-4357-9E65-2E82DA06F2D3.JPG
9263715D-3689-4435-8420-7CBF4522D7A0.JPG

LSD
C08304EB-2C44-4702-ABB6-867E5521DCF5.JPG

Purp Mazar's are beauts.
47502707-B0DD-4932-9DD6-3708619AE944.JPG

Frisian Dew
EF653CD2-5696-4B57-8FA1-73B772C4A536.JPG

This black cream constantly prays to the light.
51A8C956-B32E-4F4E-BD77-C91F3D6E730C.JPG

ECDE24BE-6437-4EFE-9D77-49871F2DC60A.JPG

Check out Frisian Dew's Calyx they look deformed/squished..
3AB9DC0A-34FD-4486-8F6D-142AE2CA3B70.JPG
3867945F-08C0-4C25-9FDB-8C8BA4191A43.JPG

The reason I ask is, I was using 1 tablespoon per gallon of Promix and getting deficiency every time. A-train said he was adding 3 tbls per gal.and doesn't even measure CalMg anymore...just dumps it in! This was right before my, unrelated, "tent meltdown". I got grief for following A-trains lead, (only using 2 tbls/g) suspecting this was the issue, because "promix has enough lime".
Long story short, I mixed my next run without lime and its worse than ever!!
I don't think our diagnosers have grasped the cob/deficiency relation quite yet. I will, without a doubt, be adding 3 tbls/g next time.
Also, dolomite lime takes a month to act so, I don't think you'll be getting any benefit from that top dress yet.
These are my thoughts. Take it for what it's worth
...it's risky to mimic him Yeats, I didn't agree with his strategy, and his nute regime is entirely different,... I'm see the other side of too much Ca-Mg showing up these days, difficult to be sure, but without a doubt too much Ca-Mg can jam up even it's own uptake,... run-off ppm can help keep an eye on build-up too,... As for Burrn' here, I asked at Sick Bay how much and what type lime you added? Overkill with that will certainly drive pH up and keep it there despite acidic inputs, and P can lock-up significantly near 8.0,...

...it's risky to mimic him Yeats, I didn't agree with his strategy, and his nute regime is entirely different,... I'm see the other side of too much Ca-Mg showing up these days, difficult to be sure, but without a doubt too much Ca-Mg can jam up even it's own uptake,... run-off ppm can help keep an eye on build-up too,... As for Burrn' here, I asked at Sick Bay how much and what type lime you added? Overkill with that will certainly drive pH up and keep it there despite acidic inputs, and P can lock-up significantly near 8.0,...

I added dolomite about 2 tblspoons for each pot.. yeah the soil is reading 7.5-8.0

even after the flush? I was afraid of that,... was it near powder-fine dolomite? Even with it's different chemistry, combined with the acidic inputs (read: dissolving Ca-MgCO3, releasing even more free carbonates which are what buffers pH, not Ca++ itself), it's fighting back strongly,.. did you post new pics of leaves at Sick Bay yet?

I respectfully think we have much to learn. With many tests. Are you using cobs? If so, I'd like to know which ones and what info you have.

UPDATE:

Day 37

It's been a hectic ride for sure with these girls. Learning the power of COBs in fun and frustrating at the same time. Lol.
Frisian Dew got a flush the other day of pH'd h20 w/ CaMg. She seems to be doing a bit better but still to early to tell. Plus her Calyx look really weird -- they look like pushed in, they're not swoll. (Check the pics)

One of the black creams is starting to develop phosphorus defc as well. I'm almost positive my soil pH is to high. So on my next feeds I'm thinking about not even pHing my feeds... you guys think that's a good idea? Feed is usually around 5.2-5.3 before I pH it up to 5.8-5.9 .. I just want the girls to make it to harvest. I swear The other black cream is on the verge of a defc for sure, lmao. But she is constantly praying to the light. The Purp Mazar and LSD seem to be very happy girls, the LSD is a little glossy and 'Leathery" but she seems to be okay. And the young LSD and young FD are loving life. I'm hoping not to encounter the same problems I am with the older girls with the two young ones. I'm actually thinking about alternating feeds with the young ones, just to try and see if maybe that will help?

Also think I have beat the gnats, I was also checking under leaves for eggs or other infestion of sorts but couldn't find anything. As precaution I used some Azamax as a soil drench, each plant got about a liter, just enough to get down a couple inches into soil, I then covered the top of the mediums with gnat-nix.

Regardless, all girls buds are certainly growing daily. And the smells are really starting to come through :eyebrows: :biggrin:

View attachment 738800

Black cream w/ phosphorus defc:

View attachment 738801 View attachment 738802

LSD
View attachment 738803

Purp Mazar's are beauts.
View attachment 738804

Frisian Dew
View attachment 738806

This black cream constantly prays to the light.
View attachment 738807

View attachment 738808

Check out Frisian Dew's Calyx they look deformed/squished..
View attachment 738810 View attachment 738811

i have the same calyxs on my auto blue mazar maybe its a dutch passion thing

even after the flush? I was afraid of that,... was it near powder-fine dolomite? Even with it's different chemistry, combined with the acidic inputs (read: dissolving Ca-MgCO3, releasing even more free carbonates which are what buffers pH, not Ca++ itself), it's fighting back strongly,.. did you post new pics of leaves at Sick Bay yet?

Oh yeah, definitely powder-fine dolomite. I did not post new pics of her in sick bay, but I think she's slowly making a come back, I'm going to see how she responds to her next feed. I'm going to back of the nutes a bit too.

I respectfully think we have much to learn. With many tests. Are you using cobs? If so, I'd like to know which ones and what info you have.

COBs are no joke. Lol!! I'm wondering if PK boosters should be incorporated ..

Back