Lighting Twin SE450s & Purple-Phenos

Scroll back and take a peek at how they looked last week vs now. Then this will be tough but try not to think to much about plant size till next week when you compare another picture. It's almost overnight that the plants jump up and grow inches to feet in a weeks time. I Have said this a dozen times, if your not happy with your plants size just wait a week. It's just about that simple. Let me tell you I had a grow that started terribly, I did everything wrong, almost chopped them down to start over and it ended up being my biggest crop to date. 6 1/2 foot tall autos that all yielded over 1/2-3/4 lb each. I still have pictures of it to show auto haters lol.

With my amares I let the plants get 8-10 inches tall under the monos and I keep them around 30 inches from the tops. Then I switch the cobs and try to keep it 24-30 depending on how the plants react. I try to pour in calmag at the first sign of a deficiency and if that's not helping and the leaves continue I raise it to the high side which is 30 inches.

I have used the lenses quite a bit and don't think they are worth it with autos at all. The plants can't handle the intensity unless you raise the light sky high. In doing so you lose all benefits of the less powerful monos. That's critical. 5w leds multiple feet away are not doing much more than wasting electricity. Like step said you are in a new light. Probably the most powerful one you will ever run and it's not a toy anymore like ones you have probably run in the past. Keep the light higher than you think and see how things go. You can always lower it if you need to.

Scroll back and take a peek at how they looked last week vs now. Then this will be tough but try not to think to much about plant size till next week when you compare another picture. It's almost overnight that the plants jump up and grow inches to feet in a weeks time. I Have said this a dozen times, if your not happy with your plants size just wait a week. It's just about that simple. Let me tell you I had a grow that started terribly, I did everything wrong, almost chopped them down to start over and it ended up being my biggest crop to date. 6 1/2 foot tall autos that all yielded over 1/2-3/4 lb each. I still have pictures of it to show auto haters lol.

With my amares I let the plants get 8-10 inches tall under the monos and I keep them around 30 inches from the tops. Then I switch the cobs and try to keep it 24-30 depending on how the plants react. I try to pour in calmag at the first sign of a deficiency and if that's not helping and the leaves continue I raise it to the high side which is 30 inches.

I have used the lenses quite a bit and don't think they are worth it with autos at all. The plants can't handle the intensity unless you raise the light sky high. In doing so you lose all benefits of the less powerful monos. That's critical. 5w leds multiple feet away are not doing much more than wasting electricity. Like step said you are in a new light. Probably the most powerful one you will ever run and it's not a toy anymore like ones you have probably run in the past. Keep the light higher than you think and see how things go. You can always lower it if you need to.

This is what I love about AFN and the people here. The help is endless. I don't know anywhere else on the web where you can get sincere help.
Thank you @BigSm0. Actually ever since I raised the lights and got the pH in check I have noticed a world of difference. So when I was to lower lights I will do so with caution. They are at 36" from top of largest plant so anywhere between 30-36" from the rest. Every few days I click the lights up a little bit more..should I continue to do that to keep light about 36" from canopy or just let plants grow into light?

You are a wealth of knowledge brother! Thanks again for the help!!

Any time burr_nit.

I would keep them around 36 for awhile longer. Let them mature and show you they are happy before making any changes. Once they are happy and showing it you could drop them.

I have an Amare 450 and I put the lenses on it and moved it to the top of my tent and just let the plants grow .. I have a few monsters growing

Hey rip, the lenses absorb light which actually takes away from the total amount of photons the light provides. It's a trade off as it increases intensity by focusing the light. Lower ppf but higher ppfd. If your countering this by raising the light it defeats the purpose of the lenses. Also the cobs are big and powerful as we all know. The surrounding leds are not as powerful. By raising the light higher you lose most of the intensity of the surrounding leds. Light diminishes rapidly at distance. The lower the wattage the less effective it is. So keeping the lenses off allows the light to be closer which also allows the leds to be closer which is beneficial in the complete lights performance. I'm sure @AMARE-TECH-Vic will have some advice as well on this.

Hey rip, the lenses absorb light which actually takes away from the total amount of photons the light provides. It's a trade off as it increases intensity by focusing the light. Lower ppf but higher ppfd. If your countering this by raising the light it defeats the purpose of the lenses. Also the cobs are big and powerful as we all know. The surrounding leds are not as powerful. By raising the light higher you lose most of the intensity of the surrounding leds. Light diminishes rapidly at distance. The lower the wattage the less effective it is. So keeping the lenses off allows the light to be closer which also allows the leds to be closer which is beneficial in the complete lights performance. I'm sure @AMARE-TECH-Vic will have some advice as well on this.
Dude my plants are rocking pretty good right now.. and this is what Vic told me to do

Any time burr_nit.

I would keep them around 36 for awhile longer. Let them mature and show you they are happy before making any changes. Once they are happy and showing it you could drop them.

No doubt! Will do!
:d5:

Yeh, I've got my Amare Cobs going, and am having a time getting the Cal-Mag dialed in without getting Nitro-tox. And what seems to work on some of plants, doesn't work on all. As a Noob on his 1st grow, running 4 different strains was probably a fool's errand.

And wow are the girls starting to drink and perspire. No more humidifier running, now I'm thinking about how to lower humidity.

"It's like my father always said to me, he said to me, he said, Roseanna Roseanadana, it's always something. If it isn't one thing--it's another! It's always something."

Yeh, I've got my Amare Cobs going, and am having a time getting the Cal-Mag dialed in without getting Nitro-tox. And what seems to work on some of plants, doesn't work on all. As a Noob on his 1st grow, running 4 different strains was probably a fool's errand.

And wow are the girls starting to drink and perspire. No more humidifier running, now I'm thinking about how to lower humidity.

"It's like my father always said to me, he said to me, he said, Roseanna Roseanadana, it's always something. If it isn't one thing--it's another! It's always something."

Not a fool's errand, it's good thing. You learn a lot, and your going big. Its an ambitious move. Enjoy it! Lol. I decided to go with some CaMg without nitrogen in it. ( 0-0-0 ) My Floranova Grow has plenty nitrogen. I'm going to up the CaMg to about 8ml/gal in my next feed and the Floranova to about 4ml/gal. And I still have both humidifiers running. They are just in the corners out of view. I will keep them on until I get some bud action going on. Then I will take them out.

Ahahah yess! Your father was right! Just like Murphy's law!! Lol

Back