Lighting Twin SE450s & Purple-Phenos

Thanks Shum. N tox isn't always accompanied by tip burn. In fact, I get it all the time, without burns.

The burns are from to much of everything else. Hahaha

So next time I water I will feed just water I'm thinking.. no more Rapid Start that's for sure.. my CaMg has N in it, but not much....

Good morning AFN! Or should I just say morning! :cuss::rofl:
This grow is an absolute shit show thus far, but thanks for staying with me! I appreciate it guys because seems like a new problem everyday.. this morning I decided to lift up pots and little moisture build up under the felt pots. So of course I had a few little roots coming out the bottom of the pots. So I put about 1-1.5" of perlite in my plant saucers.. see if that helps

I had a feeling this grow was going to give me all types of problems. Smh:sadcry::eek1::evil::mrgreen::rolleyes1::sad: I don't know if these plants will make it...
so I went back to my notes to try and figure out this N-tox and pinpoint the problem.. two things.. I never flushed my soil when I put in my pots (which I like to do about week before I pop beans in soil) and when I gave the girls their first good watering I didn't have any runoff -- which I think is bad as well.. so I will do my best to save these plants but who knows what will happen ahah.

I decided to water one of the LSD's until I got some runoff to see if I start to see some recovery from her, won't know probably for a couple of days, but the other girls are going to want a drink either later today or tommarow.

They are two weeks old today, and I want to top one of the black creams, but with it already stressed out from N-tox I don't know if I should do that???
Blahhhhhh!

I hope you all are having a better week then I am lol!! Rock on AFN and Happy Growing!! Please chime in with any suggestions!

97F0A821-DBD4-44CB-9C9A-252EF2DBFE8D.JPG
4D854374-6D7A-47D2-B38A-0F517E2CABB5.JPG
19E2902A-CB3F-4D21-B326-034819A870C7.JPG
3514F2D0-144D-4462-9B76-57485178D205.JPG

Good morning AFN! Or should I just say morning! :cuss::rofl:
This grow is an absolute shit show thus far, but thanks for staying with me! I appreciate it guys because seems like a new problem everyday.. this morning I decided to lift up pots and little moisture build up under the felt pots. So of course I had a few little roots coming out the bottom of the pots. So I put about 1-1.5" of perlite in my plant saucers.. see if that helps

I had a feeling this grow was going to give me all types of problems. Smh:sadcry::eek1::evil::mrgreen::rolleyes1::sad: I don't know if these plants will make it...
so I went back to my notes to try and figure out this N-tox and pinpoint the problem.. two things.. I never flushed my soil when I put in my pots (which I like to do about week before I pop beans in soil) and when I gave the girls their first good watering I didn't have any runoff -- which I think is bad as well.. so I will do my best to save these plants but who knows what will happen ahah.

I decided to water one of the LSD's until I got some runoff to see if I start to see some recovery from her, won't know probably for a couple of days, but the other girls are going to want a drink either later today or tommarow.

They are two weeks old today, and I want to top one of the black creams, but with it already stressed out from N-tox I don't know if I should do that???
Blahhhhhh!

I hope you all are having a better week then I am lol!! Rock on AFN and Happy Growing!! Please chime in with any suggestions!

View attachment 724985 View attachment 724986 View attachment 724988 View attachment 724989
Man you're stressing way too much.. relax :hookah: do a couple bong rips..

The N to can be fixed just back off you veg nutes a little.. and roots coming out of your felt pots is not a bad thing.. it's what they're made for. As soon as the roots hit air they'll die. If you put perlite under your pots and then water to runoff you'll have way more roots looking to suck that runoff back up..

I'd worry about one thing at a time.. let them dry up in good shape and water again with low strength veg nutes and see where you stand..

If you attack every problem at the same time you'll never know what worked and what didn't, unless everything works all at once and what's the odds of that

He is right, your plants are babies. They will recover and do well in the end as they always do. Couple things I do differently whether it's right or wrong. Because calmag has Nitrogen in it I lower the amount of my base nutrient. I use flora duo A&B the A is the veg/bloom and high in nitrogen. I used to add 1/2tsp per gallon and now I'm adding 1/4 tsp per gallon to help prevent the nitrogen toxicity. Another thing is I always water till I see plenty of runoff. The nutrients in the pots dry out before they are fully absorbed by the roots, each water I do flushes this old stuff out and rejuvenates the soil with the fresh stuff.

I would also stay clear of the lenses on the lights. Do not look at the wall wattage on that panel and treat it with respect. On one of my first runs with the amares I added the lenses and trust me I learned quick. I don't care how the math works out on all of these photo period websites, with autos I treat each cob like a 150watts hps. On the se-450 it's like a 900w hps plus the added 168 watts of surrounding leds. This is a badass light and it's easier to use once that's understood.

Back