Show Grows 2023 Twenty20 Tier-2 Auto Debut Grow & Show

Woke up to plants eaten by snails again.

planted my last seeds and will start them on my porch for safety.
damn pests i swear! i can't grow anything but flowers outside because of rats and birds eating all my veggies. My porch is the safest spot for my peppers and maters so i think the porch is the best spot if you grow outside :thumbsup:

While I was buying some fittings and tubing i seen Autopots has a 9-13gallon XXL tray now! @WildBill you always told me 5 gallons was never big enough lol

Cool thing is i can reuse my aquavalve in the new trays so its a cheap upgrade if you already own a autopot system, only $32 for the tray, lid, and grommet.

So next T20 g&s i'll do a 13 gallon autopot, i already potted up (4) 5 gallon autopots or i would do it now.

While I was buying some fittings and tubing i seen Autopots has a 9-13gallon XXL tray now! @WildBill you always told me 5 gallons was never big enough lol

Cool thing is i can reuse my aquavalve in the new trays so its a cheap upgrade if you already own a autopot system, only $32 for the tray, lid, and grommet.

So next T20 g&s i'll do a 13 gallon autopot, i already potted up (4) 5 gallon autopots or i would do it now.
That's what Jeremy of BAS went to is the XXL pot in his auto watering setup in the current run. I think it made a pretty good difference.

Day 16 and most could be topped but I will refrain and LST later
F2EA817D-5CEA-4B09-8DC3-1DB579EE84EF.jpeg

Funny that the two strawberry biscotti which are side by side on the left stayed smaller but kind of take up the same area together as a single plant, it’ll be interesting to see what happens the duration of the grow with those two. The leaf issue I saw on the right Chiclit persists and now the top left Calibubba has a similar reaction so we know it’s environmental. I think the afflicted Calibubba is showing more clearly as N toxicity than the chiclit but I think the problem is the same, I stopped adding terp tea grow 7-1-1 and will switch to terp tea bloom as it’s close to when I usually make the switch anyway. @WildBill maybe a cover crop would have depleted the N enough to make it a non issue :shrug: I argue against it and days later am seeing the potential need for a cover crop:face: damn you scuba steve:haha:

Day 16 and most could be topped but I will refrain and LST later
View attachment 1624981
Funny that the two strawberry biscotti which are side by side on the left stayed smaller but kind of take up the same area together as a single plant, it’ll be interesting to see what happens the duration of the grow with those two. The leaf issue I saw on the right Chiclit persists and now the top left Calibubba has a similar reaction so we know it’s environmental. I think the afflicted Calibubba is showing more clearly as N toxicity than the chiclit but I think the problem is the same, I stopped adding terp tea grow 7-1-1 and will switch to terp tea bloom as it’s close to when I usually make the switch anyway. @WildBill maybe a cover crop would have depleted the N enough to make it a non issue :shrug: I argue against it and days later am seeing the potential need for a cover crop:face: damn you scuba steve:haha:
Just grasping at straws, you do have the VPD towards the lower end as not to drive them much at all to take up nutrients? If you have room, you may be able to lower that VPD a little bit and take a little load off the plants in question .
From growing tomatoes all these decades, every time i see a leaf with that crinkle, my mind always goes to mosaic virus, even though i know it's not.
Maybe a good healthy dose of LIFTA is in order for a period.

VPD did raise to high levels from switching from seedling to vegetative settings on the controller and in this tent at this time of season the presets I had made up for Veg called for lower temps running the fan and disregarding humidity dropping it too low for the elevated temps. I have to tool around with it to bring it in range, luckily next week looks like the weather turns in my favor

I didn't see anything that said you had to do or not do anything in the training department. That's a good thing about starting later. I'm gonna see what your guys results are and then make my decision. :biggrin: :eyebrows:
I believe that you grow it in your style and show what it can do.

Germination
Good morning all, on Monday afternoon I dropped two seeds of each , Cali whip and strawberry biscotti in shot glasses for 24 hr soak in spring water with a touch of h2o2 added. The next day I had tails so I promptly popped them into jiffy peat pellets and domed in the grow closet under the Mars Hydro TS 600. We have life! And this would be day 2 above soil for them. I have one SB and both CW that came up. Kinda hoping the other SB shows. But it’s prep day so getting the 5 gal SIP buckets ready and gonna plant them asap… will prob dome them til they get bigger, don’t want any delay for them roots!
IMG_3329.jpeg
IMG_3330.jpeg

That’s it for now, will post pics when the work is done.

Back