twenty20 Twenty20 Mendocino 2021 Grow&show

This is a test choose 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks Brother, I can say running the 4 board setup in the 4x4 the light coverage that it produces is unbelievable. Fully lit up all over edge to edge. I should've taken pics of running it with just the 1 board, 2 boards and the final 4 board set to show the amount of light. But I ran 2 boards for the first couple weeks when I started up the first set of plants and vegetable snap pea starts for outside. You can see in my other thread the 2 boards didn't hold them back from growth in the beginning and now with all going they are taking off more.
shit I'm concerned you have too much light, literally... like exceeding that max DLI too much! What's the schedule? I would bet you could run 16/8 with no ill effect with 4 in 4x4... know anybody with a PAR meter? I guess you don't need one since FTG has a footprint PPFD graph already for this....:thumbsup: Damn, I'm stoked, wish I could buy a second and retire the AutoCOB's altogether...

:jointman::welcome: :smoking: Welcome Adam, great to see you rolling with the gang here -View attachment 1295482

Naturally, we're curious about what soil you use, your lights, nutes, etc.,... :eyebrows:.... you'll have some stiff competition with this crew!

The name, hmmm... I'd say Trizcuit makes more sense for where that name is going with "biscuit" and Trizzlers...

Bushy brudda, that tent looks mighty bright....:biggrin: How you likin' the FTG Infinity QB? I'm grabbing one myself after working with Nate on a deal! Just a single unit for now....
These were started in a 24 x 40 Agratech Gable Series climate controlled greenhouse under Scynce Raging Kales. I moved them a few days ago to a 5 x 5 tent under the same type of light. Soil is our classic go-to, Royal Gold Mendo Mix. It's a coco-based medium that's mixed fairly hot. Plants can usually go about 20-30 days with minimal to no additional nutrients. Plant shown has a very light blend of 12-7-18 ICL osmocote commercial greenhouse 2-3 month time release. This is our go-to for breeding stock but I will be shifting these ladies over to an organic top dress when necessary. For that we usually go with a product called Blue Ocean Pelletized Nitrogen Seabird Guano (12-12-2.5). It's OMRI listed and our go-to for smoke-able flower.

Vegasbear87, update #3
Trizzlers Auto

Day 5 (From first true leaves on two plants)

Got Floraflex foliar before lights up.

Going on drip feed today:

Floraflex Veg A&B - 2g/gal ea
CalMag - 3ml/gal
Superthrive - 5drops/gal
HtH @ 3ppm.
Drip Clean

Two of the seedlings appear to be struggling somewhat, but I won't give up on them.

View attachment 1295513

MR magoo#update 3
@Twenty20 Adam . :toke: glad to have you aboard. :cheers: here are my Trizzler girls day 4. healthy set of solar panels deployed. :thumbsup:
and a picture of my QB. set@75% 24 inch's from seedlings.
DSC_0550.JPG
DSC_0551.JPG
DSC_0552.JPG
DSC_0553.JPG
:peace:
looking forward to watching your plants grow Adam. :d5:

These were started in a 24 x 40 Agratech Gable Series climate controlled greenhouse under Scynce Raging Kales. I moved them a few days ago to a 5 x 5 tent under the same type of light. Soil is our classic go-to, Royal Gold Mendo Mix. It's a coco-based medium that's mixed fairly hot. Plants can usually go about 20-30 days with minimal to no additional nutrients. Plant shown has a very light blend of 12-7-18 ICL osmocote commercial greenhouse 2-3 month time release. This is our go-to for breeding stock but I will be shifting these ladies over to an organic top dress when necessary. For that we usually go with a product called Blue Ocean Pelletized Nitrogen Seabird Guano (12-12-2.5). It's OMRI listed and our go-to for smoke-able flower.
:greenthumb:... I like Royal Gold products, I've used the Tupur for seedlings and cutting rich soils before, then they came out with Kings Mix (a "true" soil) which is very nice stuff! It's super light, and does dry fast, so i don't use it for outdoor plants, but I ran it with tent auto's and it performed nicely... Still dries too fast for me, so I stared blending it with Empire Builder (Sanctuary Soils) to heavy it up some... This is now my go-to blend for auto's... Last year I ran KIS Organics Nutrient pack amended soil for photo's and auto's... First run is always bottom of the learning curve, and even after cutting the KIS soil 1/3 with reg. soil, it was a bit too hot (N tox) but they did well enough and it was nearly water only the whole way! I still add inoculant, Si, micronutes, humic-fulvic, and they got a few light hits of extra PK just to cover my ass... I'll be doing the same this year too. Next month after it warms up more, I'll start cooking the soil :woohoo1:

The osmocote stuff looks interesting,... so, under "normal" temp's it releases that fast huh? I like the idea of those slow release products, but seems enough situations go sideways with some newer growers using them! It's not a set-it and forget-it deal, which I tried to tell them....and if things go sideways, corrections are basically impossible... So, using it is not as bullet-proof as it sounds!
The BO product, a lot of N in there,... just curious, is this applied for bloom? Between the osmocote and that, seems a lot of N going in?... I ask because we've seem no small amount of troubles with too much N during bloom in the Infirmary in the past, so seeing pro's work with such NPK ratio's begs some questions...
I do know that with my KIS, some N-tox, and the plants staying far more green by harvest than usual for me, I found no negative impact on bud quality live or in the smoke,... Do you use any later-stage PK (only) boosting? ... pardon the brain pickin', but this is a rare opportunity to do so! :eyebrows: :thanks:

:greenthumb:... I like Royal Gold products, I've used the Tupur for seedlings and cutting rich soils before, then they came out with Kings Mix (a "true" soil) which is very nice stuff! It's super light, and does dry fast, so i don't use it for outdoor plants, but I ran it with tent auto's and it performed nicely... Still dries too fast for me, so I stared blending it with Empire Builder (Sanctuary Soils) to heavy it up some... This is now my go-to blend for auto's... Last year I ran KIS Organics Nutrient pack amended soil for photo's and auto's... First run is always bottom of the learning curve, and even after cutting the KIS soil 1/3 with reg. soil, it was a bit too hot (N tox) but they did well enough and it was nearly water only the whole way! I still add inoculant, Si, micronutes, humic-fulvic, and they got a few light hits of extra PK just to cover my ass... I'll be doing the same this year too. Next month after it warms up more, I'll start cooking the soil :woohoo1:

The osmocote stuff looks interesting,... so, under "normal" temp's it releases that fast huh? I like the idea of those slow release products, but seems enough situations go sideways with some newer growers using them! It's not a set-it and forget-it deal, which I tried to tell them....and if things go sideways, corrections are basically impossible... So, using it is not as bullet-proof as it sounds!
The BO product, a lot of N in there,... just curious, is this applied for bloom? Between the osmocote and that, seems a lot of N going in?... I ask because we've seem no small amount of troubles with too much N during bloom in the Infirmary in the past, so seeing pro's work with such NPK ratio's begs some questions...
I do know that with my KIS, some N-tox, and the plants staying far more green by harvest than usual for me, I found no negative impact on bud quality live or in the smoke,... Do you use any later-stage PK (only) boosting? ... pardon the brain pickin', but this is a rare opportunity to do so! :eyebrows: :thanks:
Actually the osmocote is really user friendly. It's a commercial grade project normally sold by the pallet and used in huge production nurserys on a very wide variety of potted plants. In fact, it's difficult to find by the bag and they don't make it in less than 50lb bags. The release is slow enough to avoid toxicity. Although the NPK seems odd for a flower formula, it is engineered to release the N at a faster rate therefore saving the P and K for the second half of the lifespan of the fertilizer. We find it to be a very "set it and forget it" We usually have to feed plants after about 6 weeks depending on pot size. 1 gallon pots will need additional fertilizer after about a month but 5 gallon pots will get an average auto plant through an entire lifecycle with little to no fertilizer additions. If people are having problems, it's likely over-watering that is causing the issue.

We usually apply Blue Ocean at mid bloom and the higher N doesn't typically cause issues. We do bomb the plants with a kelp product from Humbold Ag Supply but it's sketchy to use in CA Rec maket flower because it can cause a spike in Arsenic levels which will (and have) caused batch failures. It's inorganic arsenosugars in kelp and relatively harmless but unfortunately, the labs in CA don't differintiate between those families of arsenic and their very toxic relative, inorganic arsenic.

We do bomb the plants with a kelp product from Humbold Ag Supply but it's sketchy to use in CA Rec maket flower because it can cause a spike in Arsenic levels which will (and have) caused batch failures. It's inorganic arsenosugars in kelp and relatively harmless but unfortunately, the labs in CA don't differintiate between those families of arsenic and their very toxic relative, inorganic arsenic.
I was wondering about Cali's regs on that. Regs are needed, but so is common sense,

Wow, that sounds a lot better than in the past for such products available to the general public! As usual, the really good stuff lags or never get to the public...
That's the crux isn't it, the breakdown rate...and the factors that mediate it. Adam, do you know if it's much affected by soil microbe activity? I'm very interested in learning how the breakdown rate works to stay fairly consistent in variable conditions, and with the soil herd munching (potentially?) at it!

We usually apply Blue Ocean at mid bloom and the higher N doesn't typically cause issues. We do bomb the plants with a kelp product from Humbold Ag Supply but it's sketchy to use in CA Rec maket flower because it can cause a spike in Arsenic levels which will (and have) caused batch failures. It's inorganic arsenosugars in kelp and relatively harmless but unfortunately, the labs in CA don't differintiate between those families of arsenic and their very toxic relative, inorganic arsenic.
Do your plants show good fan fading by harvest? We have a fantastic Aussie grower here, Hecno, who's in the Bush and needs to make his own soils from scratch, and customize amending with supp's he can get.... He blows away most peeps using synthetics, apples-to-apples! Often, I marvel at how green and little fan-fade he get even by harvest, but his smoke is tops... We hear so much about how excess N can foul the smoke, it makes me wonder with organics, a booming soil herd (worms too) and his light tinkering that a better controlled release/cycling and (selective?) uptake by the plant is in play here, vs. synthetic right-now-available ions,...
I'll look into the Blue Ocean stuff, or is that commercial only?
...yes, I've heard about that issue with certain metal elements triggering false alarms! What a PITA, you'd think they would be able to verify the sourcing and get exemptions. I understand the limitations of the equipment though, just hate it when dumb things like this happen! :doh:
Just recently I was looking to try a new kelp extract, and found one made of several kelp species instead of just good ol' Ascophylum nodosum: Clean Kelp by Bloom City.... looking for a better mix of hormones in it, as I use it mainly on the orchids and stressed out plants...
Do you guys do foliars, and/or soil drenching with the kelp?

Back